Gun Control

Roark

About that sliding/non-folding stock . . . sure looks like this ATI.

STKRUGSF-COL-D.jpg

Misinformation, indeed.

I'm not seeing that same buttstock on the 14. If it is, it is. Wasn't trying to spread misinformation. You're detracting from the real question though that I have yet to see you or anyone else answer. Is the functionality of any of those 4 guns different from the others, in terms of firing rate?

And the million dollar question that EVERYBODY is dancing around; what is an assault rifle?

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Only single-shot bolt action rifle ......

So, you're advocating prison time for me for exercising my second ammendment rights? .............

Your opinion. BTW, 2nd Amendment was a musket era ..... single shot. And used to be slavery was okay. You need to keep up 21st century time.

Always makes me chuckle that people think the founding father's writings in 1789 must translate literally to modern times, with no room for interpretation. As if they had crystal balls to determine what would work in the colonial era, the industrial revolution, and the current tech era. I mean honestly, if we are interpreting amendments literally, then we should have militias rather than a professional standing army.

"The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people." -- James Madison

And I always chuckle when people think it doesn't translate to today.

BTW, welcome back. I asked you a question in this thread that you've surely had time to research. Are you going to answer it, or not? What is an assault rifle? I'll add another; why do you want to limit mag capacity? What's the purpose?

How about this, erase ALL laws thus totally freedom, caveman era ... no laws. No taking freedom away from the people.

I'm thinking about building a homemade mini nuclear bomb. Legal because protect 2nd Amendment ..... right to keep and bear arms..

:sarcasm

So, you have no real counter?

Wishful Gun Control Law:

So, you're advocating prison time for me for exercising my second ammendment rights? .............

Your opinion. BTW, 2nd Amendment was a musket era ..... single shot. And used to be slavery was okay. You need to keep up 21st century time.

Huh, that's strange. Last time I checked, the Constitution was still in effect. Did I miss something? If you had anything of substance to add (which you didn't), that idiotic slavery comment ruined any chance of it. Wow, dude.

substance: 5th Amendment before 13th Amendment.

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Always makes me chuckle that people think the founding father's writings in 1789 must translate literally to modern times, with no room for interpretation. As if they had crystal balls to determine what would work in the colonial era, the industrial revolution, and the current tech era. I mean honestly, if we are interpreting amendments literally, then we should have militias rather than a professional standing army.

"The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people." -- James Madison

Go do some research:

The right to keep and bear arms isn't unlimited: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited” (p. 54). The Court upheld restrictions like the prohibition of arms by felons and the mentally ill, and carrying in certain prohibited places like schools and courthouses. What is protected are weapons "in common use of the time" (p.55). This doesn't mean weapons in common use “at that time,” meaning the 18th Century. The Court said the idea that it would is “frivolous” and that “the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" (p.8). The Court's criteria includes weapons in popular widespread use “that [are] overwhelmingly chosen by American society" (p. 56), and “the most popular weapon chosen by Americans” (p. 58).

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Huh, that's strange. Last time I checked, the Constitution was still in effect. Did I miss something? If you had anything of substance to add (which you didn't), that idiotic slavery comment ruined any chance of it. Wow, dude.

substance: 5th Amendment before 13th Amendment.

There is no substance to your argument, it is f#cking ridiculous to compare the enslavement of an entire race of humans, to the right of a single American to defend him/herself from the evils of this world.

How about this, erase ALL laws thus totally freedom, caveman era ... no laws. No taking freedom away from the people.

I'm thinking about building a homemade mini nuclear bomb. Legal because protect 2nd Amendment ..... right to keep and bear arms..

So, winner take all then? I'm in! Who's first?

I'm in. I challenge a duel !! Warning, I received a military Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (I'm serious), 75 out of 75 bullseye target in M-16 weapon (yearly).

159px-USAF_Marksmanship_ribbon.svg.png

I'm in. I challenge a duel !! Warning, I received a military Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (I'm serious), 75 out of 75 bullseye target in M-16 weapon (yearly).

Impressive, I did that with many weapons as well. Got the same bling and everything. Sadly, I cannot oblige: http://www.sos.ky.gov/admin/land/resources/articles/Documents/CodeDuello.pdf :D:sarcasm

Edit: The link I provided is not meant to imply that I am an elected official in the state of Kentucky. I do, however, intend to be appointed King of the World some day so I'm just looking ahead.

Impressive, I did that with many weapons as well. Got the same bling and everything. Sadly, I cannot oblige: http://www.sos.ky.gov/admin/land/resources/articles/Documents/CodeDuello.pdf :D:sarcasm

Actually, I'm kinda afraid of rifles because I'm a lefty. Shell trajectory (M-16) was very close to my big nose !! :ahhhhhhhh

Actually, I'm kinda afraid of rifles because I'm a lefty. Shell trajectory (M-16) was very close to my big nose !! :ahhhhhhhh

Ouch. Can I get a leftie, please?! :D

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Go do some research:

The right to keep and bear arms isn't unlimited: “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited” (p. 54). The Court upheld restrictions like the prohibition of arms by felons and the mentally ill, and carrying in certain prohibited places like schools and courthouses. What is protected are weapons "in common use of the time" (p.55). This doesn't mean weapons in common use “at that time,” meaning the 18th Century. The Court said the idea that it would is “frivolous” and that “the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" (p.8). The Court's criteria includes weapons in popular widespread use “that [are] overwhelmingly chosen by American society" (p. 56), and “the most popular weapon chosen by Americans” (p. 58).

Edit: Oops: http://mic.com/articles/24557/9-things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-second-amendment

Edit: double tap. Typing's hard.

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Go do some research:

Huh? What exactly do you think I was saying? Your response supported my assertion that the Constitution is open to modern interpretation.