Gun Control

Roark

the right to bear arms has never been Absolute. there has always been restrictions on what kind of arms you can purchase and who can purchase them.if your argument is that anyone can own any type of weapon they want to then you are simply wrong. Therefore it is the government's right to know who is buying what kind of weapons. Free speech is also not absolute. You cannot yell fire in a crowded building. It is not picking and choosing parts of the Constitution to obey and not obey, it is simply the court interpretation of the document.

Junior,

Just what exactly do you want? Guns gone? stricter laws? I didn't want to read all 40 pages of this thing, so I thought I would ask. Sorry if you have explained before.

by the way, I am "pro-gun" including AR's

As a starting point, I, like most Americans, I would like to see expanded background checks, limits on magazine size, a potentially a renewed effort to ban assault rifles. I'd also like to see the NRA and the right allow the ATF to have a full-time director, and allow them to use modern technology (such as an excel database) to keep track of gun sellers. I'd like to see the ATF be able to demand gun dealers to keep an inventory and a history of who they sell to. Christ we can find out in 10 minutes who purchased sudafed in the last month, but we can't do the same for guns.

I KNEW I saw you post this at some point. Just couldn't find it because I was looking further back in the thread. Do you even know what an assault rifle is? Go look it up. You have truly shown your ignorance on this topic, in this post and I can't take anything else you say, seriously. Good day, sir.

Junior,

Just what exactly do you want? Guns gone? stricter laws? I didn't want to read all 40 pages of this thing, so I thought I would ask. Sorry if you have explained before.

As a starting point, I, like most Americans, I would like to see expanded background checks, limits on magazine size, a potentially a renewed effort to ban assault rifles. I'd also like to see the NRA and the right allow the ATF to have a full-time director, and allow them to use modern technology (such as an excel database) to keep track of gun sellers. I'd like to see the ATF be able to demand gun dealers to keep an inventory and a history of who they sell to. Christ we can find out in 10 minutes who purchased sudafed in the last month, but we can't do the same for guns.

I KNEW I saw you post this at some point. Just couldn't find it because I was looking further back in the thread. Do you even know what an assault rifle is? Go look it up. You have truly shown your ignorance on this topic, in this post and I can't take anything else you say, seriously. Good day, sir.

So.... Still nothing to refute that background checks work

the right to bear arms has never been Absolute. there has always been restrictions on what kind of arms you can purchase and who can purchase them.if your argument is that anyone can own any type of weapon they want to then you are simply wrong. Therefore it is the government's right to know who is buying what kind of weapons. Free speech is also not absolute. You cannot yell fire in a crowded building. It is not picking and choosing parts of the Constitution to obey and not obey, it is simply the court interpretation of the document.

"the right to bear arms has never been Absolute. there has always been restrictions on what kind of arms you can purchase and who can purchase them." Never and always? Pretty absolute and pretty inaccurate but pretty entertaining, nonetheless. The rest of your argument is weak sauce. Please keep the laughs coming though.

Junior,

So.... Still nothing to refute that background checks work

Nope, not gonna waste my time. When you can show me that they stopped a mass murder, I'll do further research.

Edit: You've had time to Google it by now, what's an assault rifle? Is it the scary looking black gun that sorta looks like what Army dudes and Marines carry around? Is that it?

"the right to bear arms has never been Absolute. there has always been restrictions on what kind of arms you can purchase and who can purchase them." Never and always? Pretty absolute and pretty inaccurate but pretty entertaining, nonetheless. The rest of your argument is weak sauce. Please keep the laughs coming though.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-bear-arms-unlimited-noted-future-limitations-decided-future-cases-article-1.1124408

Scalia, a card-carrying conservative and stalwart of the Court’s right-leaning majority, told “Fox News Sunday” that the Second Amendment’s language allowing citizens the right to own weapons doesn’t mean they can own any weapon they want.

“There are some limitations that can be imposed,” Scalia said. “What they are will depend on what the society understood were reasonable limitations at the (future) time.”

In a controversial 2008 decision, the Supreme Court declared a handgun ban enacted by the District of Columbia unconstitutional, but the majority noted that, nonetheless, gun ownership was not an unlimited right, said Scalia, who wrote the opinion in that case.

Haha, some people actually think like this. Amuses me:

1622516_392996144174340_3526012329248032

Go Patriots! Save us from the tyranny!

It amuses me that some would go out like the students in the pic on the left. Its pathetic really...

When they kick at your front door

How you gonna come?

With your hands on your head

Or on the trigger of your gun?

Just thought I'd leave you some fodder to get you foaming. :steam

Hillary clinton spreading FUD:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/politics/2014/06/17/tsr-amanpour-clinton-town-hall-gun-laws.cnn.html

I agree with her regarding BG checks, but the "automatic weapons" talk is such BS.

Get ready for the next run on AR sales and ammunition hoarding . . . some people never learn. :P

I seriously need to buy one before the next run on stuff. It's just hard to figure out what to get.