Gun Control

Roark

Junior,

Too many text boxes to directly quote. It sounds to me as though you trotted out the tired "well the constitution was written over 200 years ago and the Forefathers could not have possibly envisioned the America of today, therefore it is no longer applicable" argument. If I am mistaken, my apologies.

Is the functionality of any of those 4 guns different from the others, in terms of firing rate?

Yes. It certainly is.

How so? We're talking mini-14 here, not the LEO/MIL AC 556.

I'll give you the first Mini-14 on that list. Fully loaded.

I'll take the second Mini-14 on that list. Fully loaded.

Let's see who can fire off 20 rounds first. That'd be your requested difference in firing rate.

Is the functionality of any of those 4 guns different from the others, in terms of firing rate?

Yes. It certainly is.

Let's see who can fire off 20 rounds first. That'd be your requested difference in firing rate.

At this point, you're referring to volume of fire, not rate of fire but I'm sure you already know this.

Dummy here ....

What's the difference between M-16 and AR-15 :dunno ? Myself, no difference.

One is a real "assault rifle" and can shoot fully automatic. The other cannot.

Actually, my understanding is that most M-16s in service are no longer fully automatic.

Yeah, the A4 variant is a safe/semi/burst config. Not what the saturation on those is though.

For simplicity, it's the biggest difference between the two though.

Yes. It certainly is.

At this point, you're referring to volume of fire, not rate of fire but I'm sure you already know this.

Not really. Firing rate is generally reported as rounds per minute. Unless you're a heck of a lot faster at switching mags than I am I'm guessing that my effective firing rate is going to be quite a bit higher.

Not really. Firing rate is generally reported as rounds per minute. Unless you're a heck of a lot faster at switching mags than I am I'm guessing that my effective firing rate is going to be quite a bit higher.

You guys are arguing semantics. The on paper RPM/ROF of those rifles is identical, because it's based on a hypothetical number. The real world numbers are obviously different.

Dummy here ....

What's the difference between M-16 and AR-15 :dunno ? Myself, no difference.

One is a real "assault rifle" and can shoot fully automatic. The other cannot.

Actually, my understanding is that most M-16s in service are no longer fully automatic.

That is correct but they are still select fire, just like some M-4s so his intent is on point. That full auto thing didn't work out very well in Vietnam and sucks for accuracy anyway.

You guys are arguing semantics. The on paper RPM/ROF of those rifles is identical, because it's based on a hypothetical number. The real world numbers are obviously different.

So the guy who has been complaining about the spread of misinformation (while apparently not knowing too much about the Mini-14 himself) is basing his beliefs at least partially on a hypothetical number that is obviously different from the real world?

That's rich.