Gun Control

Roark

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Only single-shot bolt action rifle ......

So, you're advocating prison time for me for exercising my second ammendment rights? .............

Your opinion. BTW, 2nd Amendment was a musket era ..... single shot. And used to be slavery was okay. You need to keep up 21st century time.

• Fire 3

In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.

http://en.wikipedia....tes#cite_note-4

http://www.washingto...eloped-country/

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

Apples and oranges. Many of those countries have what amounts to outright gun bans.

Yet both fruits. Fact is the fact.

How do we know that graph is factually correct?

The Washington Post graph. Supposedly legit.

Wishful Gun Control Law:

So, you're advocating prison time for me for exercising my second ammendment rights? .............

Your opinion. BTW, 2nd Amendment was a musket era ..... single shot. And used to be slavery was okay. You need to keep up 21st century time.

Well, the supreme court says your opinion is wrong. Might wanna keep up with the laws of the 21st century.

;)

• Fire 1

In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm.

http://en.wikipedia....tes#cite_note-4

http://www.washingto...eloped-country/

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

Apples and oranges. Many of those countries have what amounts to outright gun bans.

Yet both fruits. Fact is the fact.

How do we know that graph is factually correct?

The Washington Post graph. Supposedly legit.

It is legit. It's also misleading. The US isn't even in the top 3 tiers in actual homicides:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Always makes me chuckle that people think the founding father's writings in 1789 must translate literally to modern times, with no room for interpretation. As if they had crystal balls to determine what would work in the colonial era, the industrial revolution, and the current tech era. I mean honestly, if we are interpreting amendments literally, then we should have militias rather than a professional standing army.

"The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people." -- James Madison

It is legit. It's also misleading. The US isn't even in the top 3 tiers in actual homicides:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Shouldn't we be comparing the US to our peers though?

Yes (unlike the posted graph where they intentionally left countries out), and even then the US ranking is lower in comparison than the posted graph. I just don't feel like sorting it out from wikipedia.

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Well, the supreme court says your opinion is wrong. Might wanna keep up with the laws of the 21st century.

;)

Of course, RIGHT NOW. Completely agreed. My wishful gun control laws mean proposed laws. First step: modified 2nd Amendment (and erase militia statement). I never ran across militia force ;).

Navy-Air Force-Marines-Army-Coast Guard-Militia ????

Wishful Gun Control Law:

;)

Of course, RIGHT NOW. Completely agreed. My wishful gun control laws mean proposed laws.

Right now is the same as it has been for almost 250 years. Thankfully, the supreme court still recognizes that consolidating power to the rich is a bad idea.

Right now is the same as it has been for almost 250 years. Thankfully, the supreme court still recognizes that consolidating power to the rich is a bad idea.

I wouldn't go that far. Recent court rulings would disagree.

Well yes, they aren't getting everything right.

Both 2nd Amendment and 5th Amendment authored by our founding fathers (1791). The first ten amendments - Bill of Rights.

5th Amendment which states that, "No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" - slaves were understood as property.

However 13th Amendment bypassed 5th Amendment.

Thus I proposed 28th Amendment (my wishful law). Bypass 2nd Amendment :o :o ;) ;) ^_^

BTW, funny. 6th Amendment states - "Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury." Speedy? :laughpound. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (Boston bombing) still waiting for his trial .... expected to begin in November 2014 :facepalm: !! Yesterday, the guy spent 30 years in death row and finally, execution. Damn lawyers.

71 days to kickoff time - I can't wait !!!

Big difference....

13th amendment basically clarified the 5th amendment by stating the black people have those same rights as anyone else. Thus, it was giving more people more freedom.

Your proposal is taking freedom away from people that the 2nd amendment is giving.

Once again, big big difference.

The constitution wasn't put in place to limit the freedoms of the public. It was put in place to basically limit the power the government has over the states and the people by spelling out exactly what its roll is.

• Fire 1

Wishful Gun Control Law:

Huh, that's strange. Last time I checked, the Constitution was still in effect. Did I miss something? If you had anything of substance to add (which you didn't), that idiotic slavery comment ruined any chance of it. Wow, dude.