Gun Control

Roark

That's where I got mine. It's an august 1942 make recevier with '44 barrell and '45 trigger assembly, and GI original wood. Great, great rifle. If you're ever going to do it, don't wait to long, or you may not get one.

Yeah . . . I know. Just hard to justify since I wouldn't use it for anything but plinking. I've got enough of those as it is . . . including a Springfield. Maybe I should sell that and buy a Garand instead? Hmmmm.

A 1903? Hmm..... I'd keep both!

But seriously, if you could only have one, it has to be a Garand. It's got a special place in my heart knowing how many family members carried one during WW2.

Here's mine the day I pulled it out of the box.

I'm intrigued by the M1 and have always wanted to own one but just haven't pulled the trigger, no pun intended. Every time I save up some scratch to get one, I end up buying bulk ammo, accessories etc. I am seriously considering building out a Mini 14. Does anyone have any experience building one?

Does anyone else feel weird discussing the virtues of a particular weapons platform within a gun control thread? What's the possibility of a gun thread in the outdoor section? I'm somewhat new here and don't think I could accurately gauge the interest in such a thread.

Put hundreds (or thousands?) of rounds through my buddy's Ruger ranch mini 14. Never really understood the inaccuracy reputation, but that reputation is indeed out there. I've made some crazy shots with that rifle. I'm inclined to blame the shooter before blaming the rifle. chuckleshuffle

Oh look...another school shooting...

Sadly, no one even cares anymore.

Mass shootings have nothing to do with "gun control". The association is laughable.

Do they not? Since I'm genuinely curious, can I see a report discussing the non-relationship?

No,they do not.

Although the title of the article is Liberalism and Mass Shootings, you could easily replace mass shootings with gun control.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/liberalism_and_mass_shootings.html

Oh look...another school shooting...

Sadly, no one even cares anymore.

Mass shootings have nothing to do with "gun control". The association is laughable.

Do they not? Since I'm genuinely curious, can I see a report discussing the non-relationship?

No,they do not.

Although the title of the article is Liberalism and Mass Shootings, you could easily replace mass shootings with gun control.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/liberalism_and_mass_shootings.html

Well. That was completely insane.

Put hundreds (or thousands?) of rounds through my buddy's Ruger ranch mini 14. Never really understood the inaccuracy reputation, but that reputation is indeed out there. I've made some crazy shots with that rifle. I'm inclined to blame the shooter before blaming the rifle. chuckleshuffle

This was off the bench . . . could barely get sub-10" groups at 100 yds with a variety of hand loads.

Normally I'd agree about blaming the shooter . . . but when I'd shoot respectable groups with one rifle and then pick up the mini and scatter the rounds across the paper it's a heck of a coincidence. :P

In what way? If you feel this way, what is your solution, Junior? Take 'em all away? How do you propose getting the genie back in the bottle?

Um, in the crazed, lunatic conspiracy sort of way.

But my favorite part was the blatant, unabashed racism:

Affirmative action -- Both large-scale military base slayings were carried out by protected minorities. We can say without much fear of contradiction that Nidal Hassan was covered by someone -- probably many someones -- in the military hierarchy due to a desire to have a Muslim officer to show off in public. Despite his lectures praising Jihadi terrorists, his refusal to serve in theatres involving combat against "fellow Muslims," and his Jihad r' Us business cards, Hasan was shielded right up to the day he opened fire at Fort Hood. Needless to say, nobody in today's debased officer corps suffered for this.

The same process is not at all unlikely in the case of Aaron Alexis. A black Buddhist is a twofer, a catch that any affirmative action officer would boast about for the rest of his career. It's unlikely the vetting process went deeper than that. It's well known that when racial quotas are involved, other criteria are thrust aside. This practice has become life-threatening. We'll see more of it.

This was off the bench . . . could barely get sub-10" groups at 100 yds with a variety of hand loads.

Normally I'd agree about blaming the shooter . . . but when I'd shoot respectable groups with one rifle and then pick up the mini and scatter the rounds across the paper it's a heck of a coincidence. :P

I have heard this tale told many times about the M1 and the Mini 14. This is another reason I don't have one in my collection yet. Could you ever get any kind of consistent grouping with the 14?

In what way? If you feel this way, what is your solution, Junior? Take 'em all away? How do you propose getting the genie back in the bottle?

Um, in the crazed, lunatic conspiracy sort of way.

But my favorite part was the blatant, unabashed racism:

Affirmative action -- Both large-scale military base slayings were carried out by protected minorities. We can say without much fear of contradiction that Nidal Hassan was covered by someone -- probably many someones -- in the military hierarchy due to a desire to have a Muslim officer to show off in public. Despite his lectures praising Jihadi terrorists, his refusal to serve in theatres involving combat against "fellow Muslims," and his Jihad r' Us business cards, Hasan was shielded right up to the day he opened fire at Fort Hood. Needless to say, nobody in today's debased officer corps suffered for this.

The same process is not at all unlikely in the case of Aaron Alexis. A black Buddhist is a twofer, a catch that any affirmative action officer would boast about for the rest of his career. It's unlikely the vetting process went deeper than that. It's well known that when racial quotas are involved, other criteria are thrust aside. This practice has become life-threatening. We'll see more of it.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Please show me, based upon the definition above, how racism was involved. And, if you think that when any type of quota is involved that quality doesn't suffer? Well, I can't help you there. I see it happen in our Armed Forces, Fire Departments, Police Forces etc. regularly.

Do you really believe that Nadal wasn't shielded? Dude was a known, raging fundamentalist. He got shuffled around to be somebody else's problems many times instead of someone blowing the whistle. All in fear of retribution. That's a double fail. One for the system and one for the gutless officers that facilitated his rampage by not doing the right thing. Yay, career progression.

You still haven't told me your plan either. What's your solution to stop these shootings?

Is this the part where I get accused of being a racist by someone here? I'm kinda new here so I'm not sure...