Gun Control

Roark

Hold up. Suppressors (silencers) don't make that noise IRL?

You mean the sound in like an action movie?

No, not at all.

Particularly different if you're shooting anything bigger than a .22lr out of anything other than a bolt action or single shot.

Sh$t, the action cycling on a semi-auto makes more noise than a movie suppressor.

Hold up. Suppressors (silencers) don't make that noise IRL?

You mean the sound in like an action movie?

No, not at all.

Particularly different if you're shooting anything bigger than a .22lr out of anything other than a bolt action or single shot.

Sh$t, the action cycling on a semi-auto makes more noise than a movie suppressor.

I really want to get one for my M&p15-22, and slap on a drum mag, just for giggles.

And yeah, some of them are stupid loud. My wife's Sig Mosquito (.22lr) is super loud when cycling.

...... I hope we can find a solution that drastically cuts back on the mass shootings.......

I assume mass shootings means assault rifles ?? If so, I prefer eliminate all including past assault rifle(s) owners. If caught, mandatory 5 years jail time with no parole ...... don't matter "abiding citizens" or criminals. What's the purpose anyway ...... pound your chest ?

...... I hope we can find a solution that drastically cuts back on the mass shootings.......

I assume mass shootings means assault rifles ?? If so, I prefer eliminate all including past assault rifle(s) owners. If caught, mandatory 5 years jail time with no parole ...... don't matter "abiding citizens" or criminals. What's the purpose anyway ...... pound your chest ?

You would assume wrong. An "Assault rifle" is not much different than hunting rifles that have been sold for 50+ years.

As for you last statement, because it's an excellent platform for shooting and learning. They're customizable and adjustable for various heights, body size, and skill level. There's millions in circulation in the US civilian population (not counting the stockpile the police have), and less than 0.01% are ever used in a crime.

• Fire 2

You would assume wrong. An "Assault rifle" is not much different than hunting rifles that have been sold for 50+ years.

As for you last statement, because it's an excellent platform for shooting and learning. They're customizable and adjustable for various heights, body size, and skill level. There's millions in circulation in the US civilian population (not counting the stockpile the police have), and less than 0.01% are ever used in a crime.

Agree. "Assault rifles" are the scape goat some like to run to because they look so scary.

Agree. "Assault rifles" are the scape goat some like to run to because they look so scary.

It's how politicians (mostly the democrats on this issue) work. Create a "boogey man" and scare the uninformed masses. It's akin to the republicans screaming "9/11" for a decade when they were trying to ram anything through.

The term "assault rifle" is certainly abused . . . but from a mass shooting perspective there is a grain of truth. That said it's not so much that "assault rifles" are often the weapon of choice so much as the high capacity magazines issue.

I personally hate the damn things. Not for any political reasons but because they're butt ugly and clunky.

The term "assault rifle" is certainly abused . . . but from a mass shooting perspective there is a grain of truth. That said it's not so much that "assault rifles" are often the weapon of choice so much as the high capacity magazines issue.

I personally hate the damn things. Not for any political reasons but because they're butt ugly and clunky.

IIRC the mass shootings (not sure where the line starts) are still like 3-1 handguns. IMO, banning AR's to stop gun crimes is like banning sports cars to stop traffic accidents.

That said, I prefer the classics, like my favorite rifle to shoot:

M1-garand.jpg

IIRC the mass shootings (not sure where the line starts) are still like 3-1 handguns. IMO, banning AR's to stop gun crimes is like banning sports cars to stop traffic accidents.

M1-garand.jpg

If your 3-1 ratio is accurate I'd still venture a guess that it would be a higher percentage of in circulation ARs used in mass shootings than in circulation handguns used in mass shootings.

RE: the Garand, *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *PA-TING*

I've had to talk myself out of buying one through the CMP program several times.

M1-garand.jpg

If your 3-1 ratio is accurate I'd still venture a guess that it would be a higher percentage of in circulation ARs used in mass shootings than in circulation handguns used in mass shootings.

RE: the Garand, *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *bang* *PA-TING*

I've had to talk myself out of buying one through the CMP program several times.

1. True, but i suppose most of depends on the definition of "mass shooting"

2.That's where I got mine. It's an august 1942 make recevier with '44 barrell and '45 trigger assembly, and GI original wood. Great, great rifle. If you're ever going to do it, don't wait to long, or you may not get one.

That's where I got mine. It's an august 1942 make recevier with '44 barrell and '45 trigger assembly, and GI original wood. Great, great rifle. If you're ever going to do it, don't wait to long, or you may not get one.

Yeah . . . I know. Just hard to justify since I wouldn't use it for anything but plinking. I've got enough of those as it is . . . including a Springfield. Maybe I should sell that and buy a Garand instead? Hmmmm.

That's where I got mine. It's an august 1942 make recevier with '44 barrell and '45 trigger assembly, and GI original wood. Great, great rifle. If you're ever going to do it, don't wait to long, or you may not get one.

Yeah . . . I know. Just hard to justify since I wouldn't use it for anything but plinking. I've got enough of those as it is . . . including a Springfield. Maybe I should sell that and buy a Garand instead? Hmmmm.

A 1903? Hmm..... I'd keep both!

But seriously, if you could only have one, it has to be a Garand. It's got a special place in my heart knowing how many family members carried one during WW2.

Here's mine the day I pulled it out of the box.

8l4l84V.jpg

A 1903?

Yep. Condition is about identical to your Garand. The action is like butter . . . smoothest cycling bolt action I've ever had the pleasure of holding.

That said, the stock is at least 3" too short for me and it is easily the most unpleasant rifle that I've ever shot. Far worse than a .30-06 should be.