Gun Control

Roark

Aimlessly shooting sh#t and bragging to bros about it of course

i know there are plenty of bros like that. i am pretty sure my cousin is one of them. which is disappointing. but walks strikes me as someone more serious and respectable than that.

When I arrive back in the homeland, I want to get a place with enough acreage where I can build a 3 gun course...

HOLY F*CKING SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cops called me yesterday, and told me I can come down next tuesday and pick up my permit...

One week short of 10 months... can you f*cking believe it?!??!?!??!

Congratulations!

thank you...

My x-mas presents, already sewn up...

I can't remember exactly . . . it was AR platform, right? Were you looking at a Bushmaster?

yea, the S&W MP15 has caught my eye lately though...

http://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

I bought a M&P flattop prior to the Obamy raid of 2008. M&P models just drive the libtards(feinstein) absolfreakin'lutely NUTSO, because of the scary Military & Police words. But it is kind of a misnomer in that the rifle is neither military or police quality i.e. neither select fire or automatic. It is great shooting and accurate out to 400 yards. Hit a feral pig at 310 yds. and it was BACON time. And with a different trigger and other custom furniture it could be a very good 3gun competitor. IMHO

I bought a M&P flattop prior to the Obamy raid of 2008.

I really need to invest some money in certain companies before elections. Quite a pattern developing . . .

M&P models just drive the libtards(feinstein) absolfreakin'lutely NUTSO, because of the scary Military & Police words. But it is kind of a misnomer in that the rifle is neither military or police quality i.e. neither select fire or automatic. . . .

Our local PD doesn't use select fire or automatic. Semi-auto only. (Other than some special response teams.) In fact, they might be that exact rifle.

Different strokes for different folks . . . but ARs (probably could expand that to pretty much every semi-auto rifle other than .22lr's) aren't particularly interesting. Too clunky.

Carl, you haven't been paying attention. Obama is to weapons sales; what he isn't to website design management. :) he whispers sarcastically.

I should have stated that Carl. Sorry, our local LEO's don't normally carry Military grade weapons while on duty other than ERT/SRT duty status. I bought my "local" LEO an EOTech for his. :) Merry Christmas.

Most carry Bushmaster's since they are the most reasonably priced AR on the approved for patrol list.

I just figured since all the anti-gunners on the Hill group weapons in the same category whether single shot or full auto; hey, when in DC.....

Carl, I really doubt you are the type to go shoot a 3gun competition with your Savage bolt action. Now, your basic medium range courses could be your cat's MEOW.

Carl, I really doubt you are the type to go shoot a 3gun competition with your Savage bolt action. Now, your basic medium range courses could be your cat's MEOW.

I don't really see myself shooting in competitions at all anymore. I was fairly successful with the trap team in high school but now I prefer to wander the woods and fields. (Also, does my own range out on my farm count?)

Savage rifles are a great value, though. I've paid a lot more for rifles that don't shoot nearly as well. Unfortunately, they tend to be a little on the clunky side as well.

I can't shoot better than 1 moa even with a fantastic scope so it don't matter either. I think Savage is actually a great gun for the price. 5 shots in a 1.5 in circle at 100yds. Good enough for the kinda girls I date :D. I've got a 375 Ruger that's kinda clunky but shoots good and a .280 Sako that is smooth as butta but needs a new barrel after all the rounds through it.

Me so jealous, your own range and all that. I gots to drive 70 miles out into the desert to a friends to shoot. Unless I want to pay indoor/outdoor range fees at the local clubs. SoKal is good and bad.

I can't shoot better than 1 moa even with a fantastic scope so it don't matter either. I think Savage is actually a great gun for the price. 5 shots in a 1.5 in circle at 100yds. Good enough for the kinda girls I date :D. I've got a 375 Ruger that's kinda clunky but shoots good and a .280 Sako that is smooth as butta but needs a new barrel after all the rounds through it.

My Savage 10FP is easily my best shooting rifle. Shoots a lot straighter than I can . . . but it sure isn't going to win any beauty contests.

Me so jealous, your own range and all that. I gots to drive 70 miles out into the desert to a friends to shoot. Unless I want to pay indoor/outdoor range fees at the local clubs. SoKal is good and bad.

My own range is nice . . . but I bet that you're a lot happier with the weather out your window right now than I am. :)

I bought a M&P flattop prior to the Obamy raid of 2008. M&P models just drive the libtards(feinstein) absolfreakin'lutely NUTSO, because of the scary Military & Police words. But it is kind of a misnomer in that the rifle is neither military or police quality i.e. neither select fire or automatic. It is great shooting and accurate out to 400 yards. Hit a feral pig at 310 yds. and it was BACON time. And with a different trigger and other custom furniture it could be a very good 3gun competitor. IMHO

Yea, from what I've read, it looks like it's pretty easy to add accessories to it...

• 5 weeks later...

http://mobile.nytime...ntally-ill.html

Last April, workers at Middlesex Hospital in Connecticut called the police to report that a psychiatric patient named Mark Russo had threatened to shoot his mother if officers tried to take the 18 rifles and shotguns he kept at her house. Mr. Russo, who was off his medication for paranoid schizophrenia, also talked about the recent elementary school massacre in Newtown and told a nurse that he “could take a chair and kill you or bash your head in between the eyes,” court records show.

The police seized the firearms, as well as seven high-capacity magazines, but Mr. Russo, 55, was eventually allowed to return to the trailer in Middletown where he lives alone. In an interview there recently, he denied that he had schizophrenia but said he was taking his medication now — though only “the smallest dose,” because he is forced to. His hospitalization, he explained, stemmed from a misunderstanding: Seeking a message from God on whether to dissociate himself from his family, he had stabbed a basketball and waited for it to reinflate itself. When it did, he told relatives they would not be seeing him again, prompting them to call the police.

As for his guns, Mr. Russo is scheduled to get them back in the spring, as mandated by Connecticut law.

After the Newtown killings a year ago, state legislatures across the country debated measures that would have more strictly limited the gun rights of those with mental illness. But most of the bills failed amid resistance from both the gun lobby and mental health advocates concerned about unfairly stigmatizing people. In Washington, discussion of new mental health restrictions was conspicuously absent from the federal gun control debate.

yea, the S&W MP15 has caught my eye lately though...

http://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

honest question; what would you use that for? and can you really hunt with it?

Shoot feral pigs; coyotes, other varmints, some states the 5.56 is legit for deer too. And rather than just random shooting like in some youtube vids; it's a great competition shooting weapon for the 3gun competition.