Gun Control

Roark

We need to invent hand phaser can be set to "stun" (Star Trek).

I own one rusty .22 rifle. Who knows which brand name. Marlin? And probably no ammo or perhaps my attic storage .... somewhere

Barbaric law = possess assault weapons. What's the purpose anyway? I say flat out illegal. And I'm sick and tired 2nd Amendment nutcase argument.

Hey...I'm all for gun safety and I hope we can find a solution that drastically cuts back on the mass shootings.

However, I'm trying to figure out how the smart guns would work in every day life for law abiding citizens. OK...Let's say we all have smart guns. I have been on many hunting trips or shooting practices where everyone brings several guns and everyone has fun trying all of them out. So.....if everyone has smart guns, nobody can shoot other people's guns?

Here's the thing, no one has said there can ONLY be smart guns... but the NRA is bullying people to keep them from being able to sell smart guns as an option.

• Fire 1

Hey...I'm all for gun safety and I hope we can find a solution that drastically cuts back on the mass shootings.

However, I'm trying to figure out how the smart guns would work in every day life for law abiding citizens. OK...Let's say we all have smart guns. I have been on many hunting trips or shooting practices where everyone brings several guns and everyone has fun trying all of them out. So.....if everyone has smart guns, nobody can shoot other people's guns?

if you shoot another man's gun, you shoot all of the other guns that he has ever shot.

Junior,

Just what exactly do you want? Guns gone? stricter laws? I didn't want to read all 40 pages of this thing, so I thought I would ask. Sorry if you have explained before.

by the way, I am "pro-gun" including AR's

As a starting point, I, like most Americans, I would like to see expanded background checks, limits on magazine size, a potentially a renewed effort to ban assault rifles. I'd also like to see the NRA and the right allow the ATF to have a full-time director, and allow them to use modern technology (such as an excel database) to keep track of gun sellers. I'd like to see the ATF be able to demand gun dealers to keep an inventory and a history of who they sell to. Christ we can find out in 10 minutes who purchased sudafed in the last month, but we can't do the same for guns.

Here's the thing, no one has said there can ONLY be smart guns... but the NRA is bullying people to keep them from being able to sell smart guns as an option.

That makes no sense, the "smart gun" doesn't actually exist.

Junior,

Just what exactly do you want? Guns gone? stricter laws? I didn't want to read all 40 pages of this thing, so I thought I would ask. Sorry if you have explained before.

As a starting point, I, like most Americans, I would like to see expanded background checks, limits on magazine size, a potentially a renewed effort to ban assault rifles. I'd also like to see the NRA and the right allow the ATF to have a full-time director, and allow them to use modern technology (such as an excel database) to keep track of gun sellers. I'd like to see the ATF be able to demand gun dealers to keep an inventory and a history of who they sell to. Christ we can find out in 10 minutes who purchased sudafed in the last month, but we can't do the same for guns.

I'd agree with some of that. The magazine thing is a joke though. People can (and have been for decades) make them. Also, the AR ban is useless. Assault rifles is a scary term that's thrown around by politicians who don't know wtf.

I think BG checks are a good thing. I'm not really pro or con on a database, but I'd like to see some give and take. If I pass the CC courses and stuff (I already did) let me buy a silencer to help with hearing/sound issues. Don't make me jump through stupid ATF hoops.

But, we need more money dumped into mental health screenings and such if you really want to put a dent into things.

I think BG checks are a good thing. I'm not really pro or con on a database, but I'd like to see some give and take. If I pass the CC courses and stuff (I already did) let me buy a silencer to help with hearing/sound issues. Don't make me jump through stupid ATF hoops.

But, we need more money dumped into mental health screenings and such if you really want to put a dent into things.

:yeah

(Other than I don't really care about the ATF hoops for suppressors.)

Junior,

I'd agree with some of that. The magazine thing is a joke though. People can (and have been for decades) make them. Also, the AR ban is useless. Assault rifles is a scary term that's thrown around by politicians who don't know wtf.

Yep, and that takes funding the NIH and CDC, something the NRA supported senators and representatives are not inclined to do. They SAY they want to address then mental health issues, but it is really meant as a distraction from the idea of gun control legislation. As the old saying goes, time to put your money where your mouth is.

Additionally with regards to the magazine sizes being a "joke": people can (and do) make meth. It's still illegal.

:yeah

(Other than I don't really care about the ATF hoops for suppressors.)

It's really just dumb the way they do it. It's kind of like when you buy fireworks in certain states, and they make you sign a release stating that you're using them to scare off pests.

Also, suppressors aren't anything remotely like what you see in the movies.

Junior,

Yep, and that takes funding the NIH and CDC, something the NRA supported senators and representatives are not inclined to do. They SAY they want to address then mental health issues, but it is really meant as a distraction from the idea of gun control legislation. As the old saying goes, time to put your money where your mouth is.

Additionally with regards to the magazine sizes being a "joke": people can (and do) make meth. It's still illegal.

Your point about magazines doesn't really mean anything.

Magazine limits, AR bans, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, etc... It's all dumb stuff that has no bearing on a criminal committing a crime, or someone acquiring a gun who should not. It's merely a talking point for politicians to show their voters.

And yeah, I'm not really a fan of the NRA. They (like almost every other political organization) have become a shell of their original intent. I like the ideas of the 2nd amendment foundation a bit more, but I don't really "follow" either of the groups. Mainly, because I despise politics and politicians.