Taylor Martinez comment

UGA_X

You don't need to educate me on recruiting. Trust me on that. Finally got your attention. Some of the dawgs here wanna talk trash there is more where that came from. Educate me though, does Richt "cut the fat" from his program?

"Cut the Fat" if you mean he finds a way to dismiss lesser-skilled players to make room for better recruits, no.

Mett was the star of the Spring Game and was probably going to start and Murray to be backup. No fat-cut incentive to dismiss Mett.

Crowell was national hot-sh#t and running really well, got into trouble and dismissed from the team. Cutting your #1 RB isn't cutting fat.

Caleb King, our #1 RB the year before, dismissed for getting into trouble. Again, dismissing your #1 RB isn't cutting fat.

I'm not sure what you are implying, hopefully my rebuke makes sense to you.

You don't need to educate me on recruiting. Trust me on that. Finally got your attention. Some of the dawgs here wanna talk trash there is more where that came from. Educate me though, does Richt "cut the fat" from his program?

"Cut the Fat" if you mean he finds a way to dismiss lesser-skilled players to make room for better recruits, no.

Mett was the star of the Spring Game and was probably going to start and Murray to be backup. No fat-cut incentive to dismiss Mett.

Crowell was national hot-sh#t and running really well, got into trouble and dismissed from the team. Cutting your #1 RB isn't cutting fat.

Caleb King, our #1 RB the year before, dismissed for getting into trouble. Again, dismissing your #1 RB isn't cutting fat.

Allow me to put my corn on the comb down and read like we simple people in Nebraska do.

Your first sentence answered my question.

Might wanna talk to your Dawg friends. I know a ton of you came in peace, but some of this in this thread in particular prompts responses like the one you just took the bait on.

Now you are talking football. Thank you and glad to see it. Would you like to educate me on the "criminal" comment like you are trying to educate EZ on the over-signing ??? Seems to me that just in 2012 ALONE .... (smith -- drugs, Davis --drugs, Crowell-gun...etc, etc..) UGA has had it's share of REAL CRIMINALS....not the stereo-type based on tattoos.....am I mistaking or when does your education referring to Taylor as a criminal begin...... crickets !!!!!

Now you are talking football. Thank you and glad to see it. Would you like to educate me on the "criminal" comment like you are trying to educate EZ on the over-signing ??? Seems to me that just in 2012 ALONE .... (smith -- drugs, Davis --drugs, Crowell-gun...etc, etc..) UGA has had it's share of REAL CRIMINALS....not the stereo-type based on tattoos.....am I mistaking or when does your education referring to Taylor as a criminal begin...... crickets !!!!!

Has Martinez ever had any trouble with the law?

Has Martinez ever had any trouble with the law?

Not in the slightest. Unless you consider breaking offensive records a crime.

• Fire 2

Don't listen to the fans on these boards, UGA fans. It makes me sick how childish the majority of Huskers fans are on this site with their comments. I can hardly venture on this site because it is sifting through crap dogging other teams and their fans. Unfortunately it's really the only board for my team and so it's my news source. Just know it isn't reflected in the general fan base.

• Fire 1

Is he the B1G version of Johnny Football? His yards per carry are higher than Lattimore's. His passing stats are mediocre.

If you corn cobs were UGA's DC, how would you prepare for Nebraska's offense, particularly Martinez?

Play disciplined and wait for NU to make mistakes.... :dunno Or do what Iowa did and play NU on a windy day.

When Nebraska's offense is clicking, I doubt there is a defense in the country that can slow it down very much. And I say that with as little bias as I can.

Is he the B1G version of Johnny Football? His yards per carry are higher than Lattimore's. His passing stats are mediocre.

If you corn cobs were UGA's DC, how would you prepare for Nebraska's offense, particularly Martinez?

It's a tough question. If you can keep him in the pocket and make him go through 3 or 4 progressions you should be in good shape.

Now that we have apparently gotten past the fact that your "criminal" comment was based on nothing but appearance.....

Taylor is a very good "mobile" qb....he has put up record breaking numbers playing behind very poor lines and mediocre WR (until this year).....this year's WR are talented but young. Easy way to defend Taylor = pressure.... If you bring any blitz what so ever, he doesn't get his feet set at all. Funny thing is, you may not even have to blitz...or OL can be beat by your front 3 or 4...

Although, Taylor is mobile, he gets tackled for a loss quite a bit. He has had a typical Nebraska year.... one game, he looks great throwing the ball, and then he will loft one off of his backfoot and throw a duck for a pick....another game, he will run crazy, but everytime he does, the entire state holds their breath that he doesn't fumble.

I am a Taylor fan.... He has won Nebraska many games this year, but he also has played very poorly at times. Pressure will rattle him...that is the key... If we get a running game established with Rex, then I look for Taylor to have a good game throwing and running, but if the OL can't get anything mounted at all......well.......... good night Irene.

First and foremost I think NEB tries to establish a running game, UGA needs to keep them at 3rd and 4+.

Then stunt the big front 3 and bum rush an inside linebacker through the middle, keeping an outside linebacker zoned to cut off an outside escape. Let the secondary cover loosely enough to trick Marty into trying to make a play on the scramble, maybe Bacarri Rambo gets a pick 6.

To add.... alot of people criticize UGA's run defense. They can stop the run when they need to. The most recent example in the SEC CG, Saban kept running right up the gut, double-dog daring UGA to stack the box, so McCarron could pull an LSU upset by quick-hitting down the field. Grantham didn't fall for it, but he should have. Grantham (UGA's DC) didn't want to get into a chess match with Saban, and I don't blame him. In hindsight, you can call the perfect schemes. In the heat of the moment, Grantham chose to stick with his game plan. Bama came back, put up a bunch of rushing yards that UGA was willing to give them. Sure, it makes the stats look bad, but it wasn't because UGA was incapable of stopping the run. It was a coaching decision.

First and foremost I think NEB tries to establish a running game, UGA needs to keep them at 3rd and 4+.

Then stunt the big front 3 and bum rush an inside linebacker through the middle, keeping an outside linebacker zoned to cut off an outside escape. Let the secondary cover loosely enough to trick Marty into trying to make a play on the scramble, maybe Bacarri Rambo gets a pick 6.

TMart is definitely proned to throwing pick 6s...... he has had a few of those.... I look for Nebraska to obvioulsy TRY to establish the run....using TMart to maximize blocking...also look for them to run more "diamond" formation with Burkhead, Abduhlla, and Heard in the backfield at the same time. We haven't seen it as much as some would like, but most of the time it has been effective in chunking off relatively big gains....both as a running formation and passing... a ton of speed and elusiveness in the same backfield with decent wide outs all in the same formation...

On 3rd and 7-8...You will see your fair share of QB draws or keeps (either designed or Taylor getting bull rushed becuase OL is horrible)....

IMO, the only way Nebraska keeps this game close is if Burkhead and Tmart rush for near a 100 each... and we have 0 turnovers. We also need to incorporate a "screen" game using Burkhead.... if neither of these happen, it will be over early.