Nichols State.......

Comish

Didn't see where anyone bothered to even start a thread about today's game, so out of semi-apathy, I thought I would.

Turned out the team felt the same way.

If there was ever a team we should have put our foot on their thoat and established some sense of killer instinct, it should have been today.

Instead, in a lethargic display that inspired no one, the Huskers allowed them to hang around and actually make a game out of it with under a minute to play.

After we clanged something like 10 free throws in sucession, all of a sudden a huge lead evaporated.

The positive news is that Ubel went to the free throw line and drained a bunch to stave off a huge upset. (I think we then hit 10 in a row).

Bottom line is this team today looked suspiciously like it did the first game of the season. Disappointing not to see more progress.

Perhaps the opponent, the crowd, the Christmas break, etc. all combined to produce this lackluster effort, but a similar showing in the B!G will be disatrous.

Oh well, we knew this season was going to be filled with trials. And it is.

I don't expect to see much if any improvements this season. We flat out do not have Talent on our roster. Shields and Parker will be contributors. However, Kenneth Sadler recruited crap for talent and competed against low level mid major schools for these players

I really liked Doc and had high hopes for him, but he really was not a good recruiter. I hope he has success with whatever he does in the future, but it just didn't work out for him here.

I don't expect to see much if any improvements this season. We flat out do not have Talent on our roster. Shields and Parker will be contributors. However, Kenneth Sadler recruited crap for talent and competed against low level mid major schools for these players

I really liked Doc and had high hopes for him, but he really was not a good recruiter. I hope he has success with whatever he does in the future, but it just didn't work out for him here.

Isn't Doc with Kansas now?

Yes. Kind of ironic seeing him on the Jayhawks bench knowing WE are still paying the majority of his salary........

Yep and somehow got the gig as head of basketball operations.. Definitely a promotion.

Gave away 4 tickets to the game- managed to listen to Coach Miles comments- he said the same thing in his summary- that the boys phone this one in and we needed to kick their arse and did not. I still have hope we can win a big game or two at home.