Tim Beck

Amac3309

now one of the highest paid assistants in college football...now if we could just invest some money in the defense

We did he's called our HC.

Oh here we go..........

What? EZ-E and Hedley both say Bo calls all of the defensive plays and Pap just calls the plays in.

I say that too, becuase it's common sense. But that's not what I was "here we go"ing about .

I support Martinez, different kid

He gets too much blame when we lose

But he is far too careless with the football and doesnt move well laterally in the "pocket". Great straight ahead acceleration, not so great laterally, he doesnt make people miss or break tackles. His option reads are pretty poor. His big plays are finding a crease and putting the pedal to the floor- gets from 0- top end VERY quickly, as fast of faster than anyone Ive seen here

Passing is getting better, no doubt much more accurate this year

He is getting better at throwing the ball away, something he never did in years 1-2

His numbers are inflated due to lots of playing time earlier Quarterbacks never got, due to competition AND blowout scores

It will depend on next year as to where he ends up

I'm not sure why people still think this, I would have figured that scramble in the CCG would have put this to rest. Yes the latter half of his freshman and all of his sophomore year he was less than mobile in the pocket, but that was more than likely due to injures in both lower limbs. No Martinez isn't going to juke you out of your shoes like Denard or Miller but he is elusive and he has proven this year that he can escape the pocket and break tackles.

And as for your second to last line there, who cares if the other guys were pulled or not. Taylor broke all these records in just 3 years with less talent around him than the teams of the 90's and early 2000's. He earned everyone of those records and it pisses me off when people try to discredit that. You don't just stumble your way into the record books, it takes some talent and a lot of hard work.

I think this because it's true

He has little wiggle- great straight line speed

BUT pocket movement, awareness is DIFFERENT than being able to scramble

He has poor pocket awareness, doesnt move his feet to step up in the pocket and throw or move laterally 2 steps to make someone miss and deliver the ball

He is getting better at throwing the ball away- but still is poor at it

Too many turnovers- turnovers that destroy drives and lose games for us

His numbers are also inflated due to poor defense on our part- they score quickly- we have lots of possessions

Our no huddle offense- gives us more snaps

I know someone inside the program- Ganz did an analysis of his option reads- he is right only about 1/2 the time

His lateral speed is so weak- NU doesnt bother running the traditional option any more- it was a disaster with him at QB

Im a supporter, but the guy isnt an elite QB- not nationally or even in the top 5 here

Im hoping he cuts down on the turnovers, learns to toss the ball away and develops some pocket footwork from his guru

How can you say "inflated" when the polar opposite can occur if the defense gets a quick 3-and-out!? I just wanted to point that out there....

now one of the highest paid assistants in college football...now if we could just invest some money in the defense

We did he's called our HC.

Oh here we go..........

What? EZ-E and Hedley both say Bo calls all of the defensive plays and Pap just calls the plays in.

I say that too, becuase it's common sense. But that's not what I was "here we go"ing about .

then what was it?