Tim Beck

Amac3309

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here would say Tommie was the best QB in Nebraska history. The only real difference between Tommie and Martinez at this point... Championships. Otherwise how anyone can say Martinez is not one of the best (ONE OF THE BEST) is beyond me. Done.

I don't think you are even a real Husker fan.

Define a real Husker fan?

He can't he's not one of them.

You two douche nozzles need to go away. That is 99 and bipolar.

• Fire 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here would say Tommie was the best QB in Nebraska history. The only real difference between Tommie and Martinez at this point... Championships. Otherwise how anyone can say Martinez is not one of the best (ONE OF THE BEST) is beyond me. Done.

You two douche nozzles need to go away. That is 99 and bipolar.

So! What's a douche nozzles? Is that a way of being funny?

EG did you watch the whole CCG or did you turn it off? I watched the entire game even though it was over at the end of the 1st quarter.

EG did you watch the whole CCG or did you turn it off? I watched the entire game even though it was over at the end of the 1st quarter.

Who are you talking to?

I wouldn't put Berringer as one of our 10 best QBs. He's definitely one of the greatest and most memorable Huskers and probably had the greatest pro potential as a QB to ever come through Nebraska, but I still wouldn't put him up there.

Vince Ferragamo was the starting quarterback in the Super Bowl.

Just sayin'

• Fire 1

I wouldn't put Berringer as one of our 10 best QBs. He's definitely one of the greatest and most memorable Huskers and probably had the greatest pro potential as a QB to ever come through Nebraska, but I still wouldn't put him up there.

Vince Ferragamo was the starting quarterback in the Super Bowl.

Just sayin'

Berringer never had the chance to prove himself in the NFL. Who's to say he would have eventually lead a team to the Super Bowl. We can only look at Berringer's potential and it looks like he had the tools to be the most successful at the next level.

Who are you talking to?

Not sure? But, hay I'm a douche nozzles. So what do I know.

both of you.

Oh!.. Well to answer your question, I did watch the entire championship game.

So did I, what's your point.

Brook put up average passing numbers and adequate rushing numbers as a starter, while not royally screwing up and letting the rest of the cogs in the well-oiled machine take on the load. It's really that simple.

and he was a backup.

Fixed it.

He only started like 10 games or so and that is what you are going off of. 94 was the only season he got any real playing time.

He was also going to get drafted

So is that why he was one of our best QBs? Because he was going to get drafted.

people often remember that one draft expert stated they had Brook listed as a higher QB draft prospect than Tommie. Part of it was the fact that he was a better passer and suited for the NFL style of play better and the biggest part was because of the blood clots. Because he died many people think the comment meant he was going to be a first round pick. Honestly, IMO Gerry Gdowski was a better QB. But since we never got the chance to see what would happen the legend grew. And his mother was smart enough to exploit that for a number of years.