Tim Beck

Amac3309

Steve Taylor? Ask Hedley, he's heard of him.

It's ok, Martinez isn't a top 5 qb like you wanted to let everyone know about. Then you went to top 7-9 and someone brought up yet another qb that was better. It's ok man no worries and no hard feelings. #GBR

I actually said 5-7, and I think Martinez will end up in the top 5, because I expect great things out of him, and the team next year. Now, go break out some old Tagge gametape with Grandpa, so you guys can figure out where to place him in your top 5. If you got time maybe your uncle can tell you some old Humm stories....

The two gentlemen you just mentioned have coached HS ball for decades. I will take their opinion in terms of a player that I did not get the opportunity to watch growing up over yours.

Ok?

The last 3 seasons haven't taught you that we won't do that next season? We have even more question marks on Defense next season with massive amounts of Freshman that will have to play. Our record will have 4 losses on it maybe an extra one. I don't expect us to magically beat all these teams at the end of the game next season.

You're right. We had just as well cancel the 2013 season because our wins and losses are already set in stone.

I love when people jump to these conclusions. Since I believe we will lose 4 or more games next season we should cancel the season. Why don't we discuss it and not me irrational and go to the "cancel the season" because someone thinks we will lose 4 or more games.

That's essentially what you said. The pessimism in your posts screams of a spoiled teenager who didn't get exactly what he wanted for Christmas.

I call it being realistic. Next season we will not be back to that elite status IMHO. Nothing about that is pessimistic. I hope we win them all! But I don't believe we will. We still have a mess of a roster due to a few years of very poor recruiting

4 losses? Maybe if you include the bowl game and CCG, other than that the schedule is not anything like the last 2 years

My thought on the d is it will be improved because Pelini will be forced to go with the young guys who may not know the scheme as well as the "veterans" this year but who are more talented and actually have the talent to run what he wants

Maybe it's more of a hope than a thought, but hey it will get me through the offseason

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here would say Tommie was the best QB in Nebraska history. The only real difference between Tommie and Martinez at this point... Championships. Otherwise how anyone can say Martinez is not one of the best (ONE OF THE BEST) is beyond me. Done.

I don't think you are even a real Husker fan.

Define a real Husker fan?

It's ok you outed yourself.

We should send him a fruit basket or something and welcome him to the not real husker fans club.

tumblr_m9fwiitRvM1qdgxka.gif

Steve Taylor? Ask Hedley, he's heard of him.

It's ok, Martinez isn't a top 5 qb like you wanted to let everyone know about. Then you went to top 7-9 and someone brought up yet another qb that was better. It's ok man no worries and no hard feelings. #GBR

I actually said 5-7, and I think Martinez will end up in the top 5, because I expect great things out of him, and the team next year. Now, go break out some old Tagge gametape with Grandpa, so you guys can figure out where to place him in your top 5. If you got time maybe your uncle can tell you some old Humm stories....

The two gentlemen you just mentioned have coached HS ball for decades. I will take their opinion in terms of a player that I did not get the opportunity to watch growing up over yours.

Ok?

I get it, you were taking subtle shots at me by using my family because I don't agree with you. If that makes you sleep better at night go for it. Like you have said you know nothing of Humm or Ferragamo and haven't seen them play. Someone had to have told you about them correct? Guessing someone who was alive at that time and may know a thing or two about football.

If no one ever told you about them then you truly have no reason to list Martinez anywhere on a list because you would be excluding multiple great QBs.

#GBR

Hedley Lamarr ~ "I'm not always a debbie downer, but when I am I make sure it's on Huskerboard."

I didn't say we would lose 8 games I said I expected more of the same. Do I hope I am wrong and we win more or all of them? Heck yes I do I root for the huskers dangit. But I am simply stating nothing I have seen thus far leads me to believe it will happen with the question marks we have.

Hedley, Next season out of 12 games, we play a total of 7 teams who finished this season with a winning record. By far the toughest game of the year will be Michigan in Ann Arbor, probably followed by Penn State in Happy Valley, and I don't see Penn State being as good as they were this year. There will be a lot of losses from this year's Nittany Lion team (LBs, DL, QB being the notable ones). I think NU has a very good chance of finishing the regular season either undefeated or with one loss. If we lose 4, Bo actually will be on the hot seat.

Hedley, Next season out of 12 games, we play a total of 7 teams who finished this season with a winning record. By far the toughest game of the year will be Michigan in Ann Arbor, probably followed by Penn State in Happy Valley, and I don't see Penn State being as good as they were this year. There will be a lot of losses from this year's Nittany Lion team (LBs, DL, QB being the notable ones). I think NU has a very good chance of finishing the regular season either undefeated or with one loss. If we lose 4, Bo actually will be on the hot seat.

^^^ exactly, the only way I see 4 losses is if you include the CCG and bowl game

here are all his stats Passing

Year

Att.

Cmp.

Int.

Pct.

Yds.

LP

TD

Totals

Rushing

Year

Att.

Gain

Loss

Yards

Avg.

TD

LP

Totals

UCLA if mora stays

Michigan could easily be a L

Northwestern could easily be a L

Penn St could be a L but not as likely as the other 3 above in my eyes

Michigan St isn't a guaranteed W

We will have many close games again next season and I don't see us pulling all of them out. IF we make it to the CCG I don't like us matched up against tOSU. If we lose that we play a solid SEC team. Which is another potential L. It really just depends on what direction the B1G heads. Hopefully as a conference we start trending back up