Tim Beck

Amac3309

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here would say Tommie was the best QB in Nebraska history. The only real difference between Tommie and Martinez at this point... Championships. Otherwise how anyone can say Martinez is not one of the best (ONE OF THE BEST) is beyond me. Done.

I don't think you are even a real Husker fan.

Define a real Husker fan?

It's ok you outed yourself.

Name me 5 clear cut, better QB's that Nebraska has had?

Tagge

Humm

Ferragamo

Gill

S. Taylor

Frazier

Berringer

Frost

Crouch

Next group down

Lord

Ganz

Z. Taylor

Quinn

McCant

I would put Taylor in with the 2nd group

With all due respect, what did Berringer, Humm, and Ferragamo do that was so impressive as compared to guys like Jamall Lord, Joe Ganz, and Zach Taylor. Give Jamal Lord the o-line and backs and defense that Frazier and Crouch had, and he would be known as the best ever. Same goes for Taylor and Ganz.

Brook Berringer was a great human being. A tremendous leader and did his job nearly perfectly. But as a brutally honest assessment, he did nothing as a qb to deserve to be mentioned as an all-time great. One of our most remembers players? Yes. Straight up as a quarterback? I would put Lord ahead of him. Lord did a hell of a lot more with a hell of a lot less. Berringer managed games and kept mistakes down and the team leaned on Lawrence Phillips, the Oline and the blackshirts.

Sorry but Brook Berringer would be a starting qb somewhere else. He was that good. Back up qb's don't lead teams to undefeated seasons cause mostly they don't have the experience or not ready. Now when we had our 3rd string qb in then we leaned on our running game more.

Cody Green was the starter elsewhere as well. The point is, Berringer never did anything that made a guy say "wow". Martinez did that a few times this year. In 1994, if our defense faulters one little bit, we lose to Kansas St. We lose to Iowa St. We lose to Oklahoma. And we lose to Miami (but wouldnt've played Miami). That is the point here. Berringer had a lot more to rely on. He managed the games tremendously within the plan. Martinez had to make plays and throws when he had to because of the faults and shortcomings of our defense.

The pick 6's and fumbles along with staring down receivers is now on the Defense. Glad we got that cleared up

Understand what? Has a valid point been made?

Martinez isn't a top 5 qb in NU history. Plain and simple.

No, I probably wouldn't put him in the top 5. He probably fits in around the 7-9 spot.

7-9 now? Based on if his career is over now or what you think he will do next year, just curious what would happen of he goes out next year and finishes top 10 in heisman voting and we go to the rose bowl, then where would he go?

Just curious

If he puts up similar numbers to this year, makes a few key spectacular plays, wins a B1G championship, and is a finalist for the Heisman.... WhichI think is all a very plausible situation.... In my mind, he would probably sit right behind Frazier, Crouch, and Gill for best Husker QBs all-time. So #4. I'm not sure if there is a possibility for him to get past those 3 guys.

Anyone on this board old enough to have watched Steve Taylor play, I don't remember him but from guys I've talked to they think he is one of the most underrated QB'S in husker history, they would put him 7

He looks impressive, won 84% of his games a conf champ was all conf and all American

Thoughts?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most here would say Tommie was the best QB in Nebraska history. The only real difference between Tommie and Martinez at this point... Championships. Otherwise how anyone can say Martinez is not one of the best (ONE OF THE BEST) is beyond me. Done.

I don't think you are even a real Husker fan.

Define a real Husker fan?

It's ok you outed yourself.

We should send him a fruit basket or something and welcome him to the not real husker fans club.

The last 3 seasons haven't taught you that we won't do that next season? We have even more question marks on Defense next season with massive amounts of Freshman that will have to play. Our record will have 4 losses on it maybe an extra one. I don't expect us to magically beat all these teams at the end of the game next season.

You're right. We had just as well cancel the 2013 season because our wins and losses are already set in stone.

Name me 5 clear cut, better QB's that Nebraska has had?

Tagge

Humm

Ferragamo

Gill

S. Taylor

Frazier

Berringer

Frost

Crouch

Next group down

Lord

Ganz

Z. Taylor

Quinn

McCant

I would put Taylor in with the 2nd group

With all due respect, what did Berringer, Humm, and Ferragamo do that was so impressive as compared to guys like Jamall Lord, Joe Ganz, and Zach Taylor. Give Jamal Lord the o-line and backs and defense that Frazier and Crouch had, and he would be known as the best ever. Same goes for Taylor and Ganz.

Brook Berringer was a great human being. A tremendous leader and did his job nearly perfectly. But as a brutally honest assessment, he did nothing as a qb to deserve to be mentioned as an all-time great. One of our most remembers players? Yes. Straight up as a quarterback? I would put Lord ahead of him. Lord did a hell of a lot more with a hell of a lot less. Berringer managed games and kept mistakes down and the team leaned on Lawrence Phillips, the Oline and the blackshirts.

Sorry but Brook Berringer would be a starting qb somewhere else. He was that good. Back up qb's don't lead teams to undefeated seasons cause mostly they don't have the experience or not ready. Now when we had our 3rd string qb in then we leaned on our running game more.

Cody Green was the starter elsewhere as well. The point is, Berringer never did anything that made a guy say "wow". Martinez did that a few times this year. In 1994, if our defense faulters one little bit, we lose to Kansas St. We lose to Iowa St. We lose to Oklahoma. And we lose to Miami (but wouldnt've played Miami). That is the point here. Berringer had a lot more to rely on. He managed the games tremendously within the plan. Martinez had to make plays and throws when he had to because of the faults and shortcomings of our defense.

Yeah where Cody Green went i wouldn't call a big name university. Berringer also played with a partially collapsed lung for like 3 games and went out against Kansas St. Berringer could pass. he was more of pro-style qb than a running qb. Yes Berringer didn't wow because he was a backup. He didn't play that many games compared to Martinez so he wouldn't have had the chance. Those games were close but in the 4th quarter we pulled away. the closest one being OU 13-3. It's not like they were 3 point games at the end.

Anyone on this board old enough to have watched Steve Taylor play, I don't remember him but from guys I've talked to they think he is one of the most underrated QB'S in husker history, they would put him 7

He looks impressive, won 84% of his games a conf champ was all conf and all American

Thoughts?

I'm not old enough to have watched him play. I've seen plenty of Gill's old game film, and he's one of my favorite Husker QBs of all time. Frazier played when I was 4 and 5 years old, so I have to resort to old films of him as well, and he was great. Crouch really sparked my love for the Huskers in my adolescence, so he's obviously one of my favorites. I'm just not old enough to have seen much of guys before Gill.

The last 3 seasons haven't taught you that we won't do that next season? We have even more question marks on Defense next season with massive amounts of Freshman that will have to play. Our record will have 4 losses on it maybe an extra one. I don't expect us to magically beat all these teams at the end of the game next season.

You're right. We had just as well cancel the 2013 season because our wins and losses are already set in stone.

I love when people jump to these conclusions. Since I believe we will lose 4 or more games next season we should cancel the season. Why don't we discuss it and not me irrational and go to the "cancel the season" because someone thinks we will lose 4 or more games.

Steve Taylor? Ask Hedley, he's heard of him.

It's ok, Martinez isn't a top 5 qb like you wanted to let everyone know about. Then you went to top 7-9 and someone brought up yet another qb that was better. It's ok man no worries and no hard feelings. #GBR

I actually said 5-7, and I think Martinez will end up in the top 5, because I expect great things out of him, and the team next year. Now, go break out some old Tagge gametape with Grandpa, so you guys can figure out where to place him in your top 5. If you got time maybe your uncle can tell you some old Humm stories....

I love when people jump to these conclusions. Since I believe we will lose 4 or more games next season we should cancel the season. Why don't we discuss it and not me irrational and go to the "cancel the season" because someone thinks we will lose 4 or more games.

That's essentially what you said. The pessimism in your posts screams of a spoiled teenager who didn't get exactly what he wanted for Christmas.

Steve Taylor? Ask Hedley, he's heard of him.

It's ok, Martinez isn't a top 5 qb like you wanted to let everyone know about. Then you went to top 7-9 and someone brought up yet another qb that was better. It's ok man no worries and no hard feelings. #GBR

I actually said 5-7, and I think Martinez will end up in the top 5, because I expect great things out of him, and the team next year. Now, go break out some old Tagge gametape with Grandpa, so you guys can figure out where to place him in your top 5. If you got time maybe your uncle can tell you some old Humm stories....

The two gentlemen you just mentioned have coached HS ball for decades. I will take their opinion in terms of a player that I did not get the opportunity to watch growing up over yours.