Tim Beck

Amac3309

You honestly believe that Martinez IS NOT one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska? I would like to hear you defend that.... Also, isn't longevity a quality in most great QB's.

In the NFL longevity is a great quality. Starting at NU by default do to strikes and misses in recruiting the qb position for years is not a great quality.

It isn't his fault that he got the starting job, no matter how he got it.... That is just a pathetic, and stupid argument. Longevity is a great quality no matter the level, and that much would seem obvious....

Longevity as a college football player is silly. You have 4 years of time on the field. That isn't longevity. If you start for 4 years that is great. If you are not challenged and win because you are up against terrible competition for the starting job that doesn't make you special. That means you are the best smelling turd in the potty.

Martinez one the of the greatest husker qb's ever? lol. wow really WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING THESE DAYS? Hedley has it right, Martinez is only going to break records cause he started day 1 of his freshman year and rarely got substituted. He hasn't won a conference championship. You can't even begin to say he is that good. He struggles mightly against better teams.

You honestly believe that Martinez IS NOT one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska? I would like to hear you defend that.... Also, isn't longevity a quality in most great QB's.

In the NFL longevity is a great quality. Starting at NU by default do to strikes and misses in recruiting the qb position for years is not a great quality.

You realize Taylor has started over two 4-star QBs in his career right? (Carnes and Green) AND he beat out a senior QB who was expected to take the starting job no questions asked? (Lee)

I don't know how much realization this guy comes across.

Martinez one the of the greatest husker qb's ever? lol. wow really WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING THESE DAYS? Hedley has it right, Martinez is only going to break records cause he started day 1 of his freshman year and rarely got substituted. He hasn't won a conference championship. You can't even begin to say he is that good. He struggles mightly against better teams.

He owns a ton of records and he's only played three years to date. He is one of the better QBs we have had. Very system fitting as well.

You realize Taylor has started over two 4-star QBs in his career right? (Carnes and Green) AND he beat out a senior QB who was expected to take the starting job no questions asked? (Lee)

Where are they now? On our roster at the qb position? Green loved it here but knew he wasn't gonna get a fair shake at PT. Carnes is worse at learning the play book than Martinez.

Green was thought to be a great TE prospect. We gave him a shot at QB. Carnes is now at WR buried on the depth chart. NU has recruited athletes that play qb not QBs that are great athletes. This changed last season with Armstrong and this season with Stanton.

You honestly believe that Martinez IS NOT one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska? I would like to hear you defend that....

He is a great athlete and average qb. He crumbles under pressure and falls apart when facing a team of equal or greater skill. For every great play he has he has equally terrible plays. He has led the NATION in fumbles for 3 years out of 3.

Crumbles under pressure? Ask Ohio St. (2011), Michigan St., Northwestern, and Wisconsin.... Too your logic, for every time he has crumbled under pressure, he has also came through at least as many times. I didn't say he was the greatest QB to ever live, but he is one of our best, based off of stats alone.... There is no legitimate argument against him being one of Nebraska's best....

Stats are meaningless when you play 99% of the time and started your freshman year. in 2011 if Miller doesn't go out do we still win that game? Not a chance. Ohio St. could move the ball when Miller went out. We got whopped against Michigan in 2011 and 2012 he went out because of injury so we don't know how that plays out. Yes lets ask Wisconsin who in 2 years took us to the woodshed. What about 2011 Northwestern where we lost at home?

Big Martinez fan here.. I don't think we win nearly the games we did this year without him. But the fact that the kid broke nearly all the Nebraska QB records in a shorter time frame than any other QB and still has a year left says a lot of how special this kid is. And using the excuse that he didn't win a championship is not a good excuse imo. Heck we could have a QB hand the ball off to super star RB's, pass for 50 percent, win a championship and that would make him a great QB by that logic of yours. Makes no sense I tell ya.

It isn't his fault that he got the starting job, no matter how he got it.... That is just a pathetic, and stupid argument. Longevity is a great quality no matter the level, and that much would seem obvious....

Longevity as a college football player is silly. You have 4 years of time on the field. That isn't longevity. If you start for 4 years that is great. If you are not challenged and win because you are up against terrible competition for the starting job that doesn't make you special. That means you are the best smelling turd in the potty.

Longevity is legitimate even in college football. There have been plenty of QB's that have started four years (Frazier, and Crouch included), and none of them have had more yards than Martinez after his first 3 years. Putting up the kind of numbers he has at Nebraska DOES make him special, no matter how, or where he did it. Again, obvious stuff here....

He owns a ton of records and he's only played three years to date. He is one of the better QBs we have had. Very system fitting as well.

So? what has he won? He hasn't won a conference championship even though he has had 2 chances already. Most of those records are passing which aren't high cause we were a traditional running team for so long.

You honestly believe that Martinez IS NOT one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska? I would like to hear you defend that....

He is a great athlete and average qb. He crumbles under pressure and falls apart when facing a team of equal or greater skill. For every great play he has he has equally terrible plays. He has led the NATION in fumbles for 3 years out of 3.

Crumbles under pressure? Ask Ohio St. (2011), Michigan St., Northwestern, and Wisconsin.... Too your logic, for every time he has crumbled under pressure, he has also came through at least as many times. I didn't say he was the greatest QB to ever live, but he is one of our best, based off of stats alone.... There is no legitimate argument against him being one of Nebraska's best....

Stats are meaningless when you play 99% of the time and started your freshman year. in 2011 if Miller doesn't go out do we still win that game? Not a chance. Ohio St. could move the ball when Miller went out. We got whopped against Michigan in 2011 and 2012 he went out because of injury so we don't know how that plays out. Yes lets ask Wisconsin who in 2 years took us to the woodshed. What about 2011 Northwestern where we lost at home?

The first three words of this post could tell you the level of intelligence that can be found in the rest....

I think Taylor goes down as a top 5 NU QB stats or none. He'll need a big season next year for me to solidify that though. A BCS bowl is needed next year AT LEAST for me to truely believe it though. He has done some magical things here and a lot of his fumbles are from blindsides in his dropback (not his fault). But he does have tendencies to put it all on him and it does backfire, but you know what? I love that trait. Favre had it, he broke records due to longevity too. Interceptions, TD's, it was all part of the package with Favre, just as it is with Taylor. And I'd say both are similar in many ways and both will always be all time favorites of mine.

He plays 4 quarters every game! How many of our other QBs can say that? You also get 1-2 extra games a season. Of course you will own stat records. 4 years of 13-14 games while playing all 4 quarters. Yeah you better break records against guys that had 2-3 yrs of games they more often then not didn't play 4 quarters in.