Sort of proud of HB

HANC

I like the fact that Bo admitted he made a mistake in the way he used RS's.

Haven't seen this... Can you link to an article?

It was addressed by the commentators making light of their conversations with Bo before the game in regards to depth on the D-Line. They said Bo pointed to the fact that in hindsight he should have handled some of the redshirts differently.

Am I the only one who thought that long TD pass should have been a offensive penalty? I could have swore that TE engaged our DB way before the other guy even caught the ball. I was yelling at the tv as soon as I saw the ball in the air. But I digress.

It was a good season. I look forward to seeing the young guys we've recruited and haven't played or have played sparingly. We've recruited a lot of speed and size at the LB spot the last couple years and big guys like Valentine should help our D immensely.

Am I the only one who thought that long TD pass should have been a offensive penalty? I could have swore that TE engaged our DB way before the other guy even caught the ball. I was yelling at the tv as soon as I saw the ball in the air. But I digress.

No, I noticed it too. It was a pick play. In fact, I thought two of their long TDs were pick plays. Technically it is offensive pass interference, but it rarely gets called. UCLA was doing it too.

No, I noticed it too. It was a pick play. In fact, I thought two of their long TDs were pick plays. Technically it is offensive pass interference, but it rarely gets called. UCLA was doing it too.

Offensive pass interference just does not get called anymore, in college or NFL, as it is defined. 10 years ago-heck, maybe even just 5- that gets called in a heartbeat. I think it's one of them things that gets turned away from in order to support this age of offense. Let's face it. Offensive players-esp in the NFL-have numerous advantages rules-wize. I think this is becoming another.

I will have to say that I was a little bit encouraged by the responses (most) on the board last night and today. I almost dreaded coming on after the game, but was pleased to see that a lot of members decided to see the positives in the game.

I didn't sense any sort of meltdown, or as another thread stated "sky is falling" attitude.

We all have the ideas or thoughts of things that would or could have made a difference, me included. (I am still in a debate over Beck......not that he called a bad game......just a questioned a few)...

Of course, the obvious is the defense, and we all know the problems at DT....which I thought they did great and played above their heads.... and the lack of speed at LB....which will hopefully get better with young players. From the words behind the scenes with the scout team.

I thought this team and staff showed a ton of emotion and Husker pride. They battled, weren't intimidated, and EXPECTED to win, when many of the fans like us, didn't give them much of a chance.

It was just nice to come on here and see most have a positive attitude and even be gracious to the dawgs...

refreshing !!! Good job HB !!

You hit the nail on the head when you stated fans like us didn't give them a chance. This explains why there was no meltdown. We have a "new age" Nebraska fan in the making. Most didn't think we even belonged in the game. Most even during the game were expecting our typical team implosion which did occur. I thought the guys fought hard. They made the most of the opportunities in the first half that Georgia gave us. When things were going well for the team, the talent gap everyone seems to believe in didn't seem to be there. It only reared it's ugly head when things started to go south for us. The strength of our defense turned into our biggest weakness. The OL played extremely well when things were going our way. The OL started committing bonehead penalties and plays when things turned south. There were definite positives to take from this game. However, it's still clear we need to improve on the mental side of the game.

That's exactly how I saw it. When they played well, they played lights-out, but after the Abdullah fumble, they looked like the team that showed up for the CCG. It totally deflated them.

I think the talent we'll have over the next few years is enough to close the gap, but it all depends on how they're coached. Their hearts are always in the game, but at times it seems like their heads aren't.

No, I noticed it too. It was a pick play. In fact, I thought two of their long TDs were pick plays. Technically it is offensive pass interference, but it rarely gets called. UCLA was doing it too.But

Offensive pass interference just does not get called anymore, in college or NFL, as it is defined. 10 years ago-heck, maybe even just 5- that gets called in a heartbeat. I think it's one of them things that gets turned away from in order to support this age of offense. Let's face it. Offensive players-esp in the NFL-have numerous advantages rules-wize. I think this is becoming another.

The thing is they guy didn't even have to engage our DB. All he had to do really was pretend to run a curl route or something to get in front of the DB and the receiver who did catch the pass would have scored any way. Kenny Bell did this type of pretend route this year that resulted in a score I believe. But since the UGA guy did engage our DB I was pretty pissed it wasn't called. But that's just the way it is.

Yep.... the rules are as offensive-skewed as they've ever been, at least in my lifetime. They'll throw DPI on almost any sort of contact these days. Holding has to be blatant to get called. All borderline hits on quarterbacks are called.

So yeah, it is a much tougher climate to be a defensive coordinator than it was 20 years ago.