Key matchup

Can Nebraska stop their WR....There going to be the best we faced all year.

It will be difficult at best..... If we can somehow pressure Henne into throwing early, we may have a chance.... Their running game may keep us honest though and if we can't pressure, it will be a long night...

Not only is the group of WR the best we have faced all yr., IMO, this is the best all-around team that we have faced all yr.....offense/defense, they are more than solid..... 3 or their losses are by less than 17 pts total.... They beat BCS Penn St., and outplayed BCS Ohio State....

The 'skers will have to play a mistake free game with a ton of emotion.... This could be a signature win, that will make the CU game seem like a joke....

GO 'SKERS :restore2

i hope so... avant and breaston and add manningham in there 2 are pretty good. plus they have 2 great tight ends to go down the middle which they use pretty well also. our linebackers and gonna have to get some fingers on the ball and tip em away and the line has to get that pressure, if not henne could get 300 yds easy

To beat Michigan you need to follow this game plan:

1) Blitz

2) Blitz

3) Blitz

Henne is a young quarterback still learning. Michigan struggles most with blitzing backers causing bad reads. Breaston is our only YAC receiver and he's finally healthy now so that can help negate it, but Michigan usually beats itself, so you can always hope the conservative coaching staff can blow another one. Our only legetimate loss this year is to Notre Dame, and even then we could have won without fumbling the ball on the one yard line and throwing a pick in the end zone.

OK, now I admit to being a Michigan fan who lives in Omaha. I am realistic about the Wolverines this year and realize there shortcomings. I have seen every Michigan game this year AND every Nebraska game that has been on TV or pay-per-view. The Huskers looked very good against Colorado two weeks ago and it appears that they are really improving. Michigan has been eradic and lost four very close games.

There is no doubt that Michigan is more talented than Nebraska, and should win. However, Lloyd Carr coaches the team and is very conservative. OK, that's an understatement, a 3 point lead is something you sit on in his view. Michigan was up by 2 scores late in the fourth quater against Ohio State, and sure enough, he goes into a prevent defense and runds the ball up the middle. He WILL not play to win, he plays to survive. Because Lloyd Carr coaches this team, Nebraska very well could pull it off.

This will be a very interesting game and lots of fun. I will enjoy the ribbing with my inlaws and co-workers. I hope Michigan opens it up though... and if they do it will be tough for the Huskers.

We did alright on Pitts WRs who were highly talented... Also TT had good WRs which I dont think we really "stopped" but were in the game... and Oklahoma had some good WRs. I think we will do alright, it would sure help having a speedy LB like Octavian to help pressure/drop back to coverage. I just hope we are prepared and dont look terrible.

First of all, I've noticed 2 Michigan fans joining the board today. Their comments are typical of the classy Michigan fans I've always encountered while living in Big 10 territory.

I've seen Michigan on TV a number of times this year and Chad Henne doesn't seem nearly as poised and confident as he did in 2004 as a freshman. It seems like he has thrown more INTs at critical times than he should, considering the fact that he started most of last year's games and played very well in the Rose Bowl against Texas. Anyone know why Chad is worse?

First of all, I've noticed 2 Michigan fans joining the board today. Their comments are typical of the classy Michigan fans I've always encountered while living in Big 10 territory.

I've seen Michigan on TV a number of times this year and Chad Henne doesn't seem nearly as poised and confident as he did in 2004 as a freshman. It seems like he has thrown more INTs at critical times than he should, considering the fact that he started most of last year's games and played very well in the Rose Bowl against Texas. Anyone know why Chad is worse?

Maybe because he can no longer throw it up 30 yards in the air to a now Cleveland Brown? He's a true sophomore, and while he has had bad moments this year, he's also had some good ones. He played tremendous against Ohio State and Penn State this year, 2 BCS teams, and poorly against Notre Dame, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. It's to be expected of a young QB. Throw that together with the fact that Mike Hart was hurt most of the year and there was very little running game to rely on.

The key matchup is going to be, in my opinion, our D line against their oline. If we stop the run and can get consistant pressure from our front four, that is going to make it a million times easier for Grixby and Bowman, who haved played better and better as the year has gone on. Smith and Carriker absolutely have to demand double teams, or this could be a long game defensively.

i agree but you need to add in adams to the mix. if any of the three start to get double teamed then that is going to open up the middle for mckeon or bullocks on a saftey blitz.

with 3plus weeks to prepare i think NU will be ready to play. look at how they did against ISU and CU after a week off, came out and played well offensivly against ISU and in all phases against CU.

we are going to need to be clicking in all phases of the game and this could be a very exciting game.

omahablue---nice to see comments like yours to the board. not someone with a chip on their shoulder just wanting to talk crap.

good luck to you and i hope your inlaws get the last laugh though

GBR RTO

To beat Michigan you need to follow this game plan:

1) Blitz

2) Blitz

3) Blitz

Henne is a young quarterback still learning. Michigan struggles most with blitzing backers causing bad reads. Breaston is our only YAC receiver and he's finally healthy now so that can help negate it, but Michigan usually beats itself, so you can always hope the conservative coaching staff can blow another one. Our only legetimate loss this year is to Notre Dame, and even then we could have won without fumbling the ball on the one yard line and throwing a pick in the end zone.

I'll be interested in seeing how that works in the bowl game.

I'm really looking forwardto it :horns2

ANd I agree with IlliniHusker's last post, too

Thanks to WindyCityBuff from AllBuffs for the breakdown of the Big10:

"The OSU - Texas game was early in the season & at OSU. That is why it was close. I do feel that OSU and PSU are the top two teams in the Big 10. Though they are not close other conference's top 2 teams. After them, the talent pool in the Big 10 drops significantly,

Here in the midwest, the sports talk shows & publications have been talking about how this is down year for the Big 10.

Iowa: came in ranked high and they fell flat on their face after getting beat by the ISU Cyclones.

MSU beat ND and then went on to go 2-6

Illinois - don't even get me started on them!

Indiana - lost their last 6 games

Minnesota - in their 4 losses - they gave up 179 points - that is an average of 44 points per game. Overall - they give up 28 points a game.

Northwestern - they give up 32 points a game - No D like Minny.

Purdue - lost 6 in a row - able to win last three playing lowly Illinois, MSU, and Indiana.

Wisconsin - throw them in the category of zero Defense."

Bring on the BLUE! Oh yeah, GBR!