Alamo Bowl Tickets

HANC and myself just got our airline tickets to Dallas ( plus a few more people) renting a car from there with husker magnets and flags waving heading to San Antone. :horns2:cheers:restore2

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

:restore2:restore2:restore2

Damn right KC !!!

Can't wait to wear my '97 National Championship t-shirt all around the Michigan tail-gates :thumbs:thumbs

Can't wait !!!

In fact, didn't we sit together at the Orange Bowl the last time we broke the Michigan hearts?? Can you say Deja Vu :smokin

i would love to go to the game and meet up with all of they people on this board that will be at the game. BUT i have to pull a 24hr shift on the 27th and on the 29th. at least i will be able to watch the game on tv. unless i can talk some of my coworkers into trading days with me then i might be able to get there.

if i cant get down there somebody please toast a redbeer to the UM fans for me.

i am now jealous and i feel depression setting in so i think i might just have to go and hang myself.......wait a minute i thought i was formerfan there for a minute.

let the fun begin

7,000 Alamo Bowl Tickets Already Sold

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Husker Nation appears ready for a Big Red migration to San Antonio. The University of Nebraska reported Monday night that 7,000 of its 11,000 designated tickets for the Alamo Bowl have been sold to fans.

If you're headed south, prepare to pay. A lot of fans are hungry for this bowl game, no matter how much it costs to get there.

"Since we're going to the bowl, I'm going shopping," said Gail Wishnow, who was out shopping for red attire Monday. "We won the last game, and I think that got everybody revved up."

Phone lines at travel agencies are lit up. A complete air package at one Lincoln business runs about $1,300 per person double occupancy for the trip to San Antonio.

"We're getting close to half full already and it's only been a couple of hours today," said Executive Travel's Cory Mason.

Because of airline financial troubles and the regular bump in holiday travel, airfares have nearly doubled. Some of the lowest rates out of Omaha are more than $500.

"It's going to get even higher and higher the longer people wait," Mason said.

"I'm sure people would love to get out of the cold weather and get down to warmer parts of Texas," said UNL student Drew Alvine.

San Antonio may get a double dose of Husker fans. If the No. 1-rated Nebraska women's volleyball team gets through the regionals this weekend in Omaha, they'll be in the final four tournament in San Antonio on Dec. 17. NU ticket office workers said they've already sold some fans tickets to both events.

As of late, Huskers.com has run out of their 10,800 and are requesting 2000 more. I know many people who went through ticketmaster (me included). It will be my first bowl game, so i can't wait to drive 14hrs with friends to watch the 'skers trounce the crying wolverines. I hope the dome is alive with the sea of red.

:restore2