Name teams that are better than Notre Dame

Saw someone intrigued by this topic on a status comment, so here you go.

I'd say:

-Bama

-A&M

-South Carolina

-Stanford

-Georgia

-Oregon

-K State

-Florida State

-Clemson

-LSU

-Ohio State

-Penn State

I think every one of these teams could legitimately beat ND at least 5 out of 10 times. Hell, even Nebraska probably could.

What's everybody think?

Alabama. The rest is guess work.

I actually think that at the end of the year - including bowl season - there is not a team in the nation as good as A&M. Their defense is about on par with Bama's, and their offense with Manziel is just ridiculous. If Manziel keeps going like he has in the last half of the season, he will repeat as heisman, and A&M will be in the NC game. But that's a lot of if's.

I'd say:

-Bama

-A&M

-South Carolina

-Stanford

-Georgia

-Oregon

-K State

-Florida State

-Clemson

-LSU

-Ohio State

-Penn State

I think every one of these teams could legitimately beat ND at least 5 out of 10 times. Hell, even Nebraska probably could.

What's everybody think?

Oh holy cow. Your reaching dude. Why can't Bama just be that much better than everyone else? I know it sucks, I hate it. I hate the SEC, as this ass clown is talking about how great the SEC is right now on ESPN, I hate hearing it but come on now.

Penn St, Ohio St., Clemson, Florida State no way. Not only would Penn St. or Ohio St. not win, but even in fantasy land I'm not giving either program the respect of speaking of them greatly. They both belong right where they are, under sanctions. Florida St. and Clemson I'm gonna say just plain no. I'd say South Carolina at times looks like a legitimate yes. At least possibly better team. LSU I'll say might win 3 out of ten, but I think LSU's QB would struggle against ND defense. K State? Are you kidding me? No way.

Bama, AnM, and Oregon I'd say definitively yes.

Again, I don't give a fart in a frying pan about ND, but Bama is just an ass beatin' team. They probably make a lot of these teams on your list look like sh#t. Georgia played them close, but I don't think Georgia beats them more than one out of ten games.

I'd say:

-Bama

-A&M

-South Carolina

-Stanford

-Georgia

-Oregon

-K State

-Florida State

-Clemson

-LSU

-Ohio State

-Penn State

What's everybody think?

Oh holy cow. Your reaching dude. Why can't Bama just be that much better than everyone else? I know it sucks, I hate it. I hate the SEC, as this ass clown is talking about how great the SEC is right now on ESPN, I hate hearing it but come on now.

Penn St, Ohio St., Clemson, Florida State no way. Not only would Penn St. or Ohio St. not win, but even in fantasy land I'm not giving either program the respect of speaking of them greatly. They both belong right where they are, under sanctions. Florida St. and Clemson I'm gonna say just plain no. I'd say South Carolina at times looks like a legitimate yes. At least possibly better team. LSU I'll say might win 3 out of ten, but I think LSU's QB would struggle against ND defense. K State? Are you kidding me? No way.

Bama, AnM, and Oregon I'd say definitively yes.

Again, I don't give a fart in a frying pan about ND, but Bama is just an ass beatin' team. They probably make a lot of these teams on your list look like sh#t. Georgia played them close, but I don't think Georgia beats them more than one out of ten games.

This thread was mostly just for fun, but point taken.

Oh man, you took the easy way out. Though your comment is true, your opinion is very valuable to me. Can't you give a better effort?

I think Notre Dame is a top-5 team. Alabama is just a demi-god. They beat MSU, a decently good team. They beat Michigan, a ranked team. They beat Stanford, a top 10 team. They beat Oklahoma, a top 15 ish good team. They beat USC who has the second most talent of anyone in the country.

They also went undefeated. If they aren't that good, then other teams that were better would have also gone undefeated, but they didn't. So what if the games were close? Wins are wins, and that's the way ND plays. Oregon, A&M, Kansas State and whoever else might be, but we still have no idea how to define a team being better. They might win in a one-time matchup, or they might lose. Just like Notre Dame might make a game out of this 5 times out of 10, but happen to be getting spanked on their rears tonight.

Oh man, you took the easy way out. Though your comment is true, your opinion is very valuable to me. Can't you give a better effort?

I think Notre Dame is a top-5 team. Alabama is just a demi-god. They beat MSU, a decently good team. They beat Michigan, a ranked team. They beat Stanford, a top 10 team. They beat Oklahoma, a top 15 ish good team. They beat USC who has the second most talent of anyone in the country.

I'd probably put it this way: They beat a crappy MSU team. They beat a Michigan team that didn't find its identity on offense until Shoelace got hurt. They beat a really good Stanford team because of a completely blown call IMO (Taylor was over the goal-line in OT). They beat OU pretty handily but A&M freakin' embarrassed them in the bowl game. They beat a 5-loss USC team by 9. And they probably should have lost to Purdue.

Notre Dame isn't that good.

• Fire 1