College Football's Early Top 25 for 2013

Look, I'm not against Boise State, and I think Chris P. is a good coach - and i agree they can only beat the teams that they have scheduled.

I just don't think you can compare a team to top programs when they play 1 "tough" game a year. They really don't have to worry about the rigors of a legit conference schedule - and really now, they get the best recruits out of every MWC team - and I don't believe its even remotely close. They are stocked with 3* talent, some of which were almost 4*.

Bottom line: If they played in the B1G this year, they probably lose to everyone not named Indiana, Illinois, Iowa.

Purdue/Minnesota would probably give them a run for their money, not sure that BSU would lose to them though.

Fair enough but based on Top25 Coaches Final Polls was higher (BSU) than our Huskers in recent years.

2008: BSU #13, NU #NR

2009: BSU #4, NU #14

2010: BSU #7, NU #19

2011: BSU #6, NU #24

2012: BSU #14, NU #23

Again, Coaches said so, not you and me and especially not AP Jokers. BTW, BCS bowls....... BSU 2W-0L (OU&TCU) and Huskers, 0W-0L.

And I ask you again, where do you think we would be ranked if we played their schedule?

Yeah..the "trusted" coaches poll. Since the coaches have time to watch every game of every team each season .. some coaches even admit to basing it off of the AP or having assistants tell them where to put teams...the coaches poll also had ND as the #1 team in the nation and finishing as the #3 team. I'd wager that Bama, Oregon, Georgia, Texas A&M, - hell, a majority of top 10 teams could beat them.

So yeah, I don't really trust the coaches poll.

I will say that I think a couple of those Boise teams were very, very good. But the fact of the matter is - they don't go through the grind like a team that plays in a big boy conference does. They don't typically have depth issues, very rarely do they have injury issues (hard to have injury issues when your second and third teamers are playing half the game because you're a good program in a crap conference). If they had to play physical football week in and week out, I'm sure depth would play a much larger factor than it does currently - and if you look at what other coaches say (since you're apparently big into that) you can find them talking about how Boise State is always one of the freshest (healthiest) teams in BCS/Bowl games, solely due to them having to play 1/2 games a year.

ESPN picked Texas #11.

:rollin

Of course they did! They have millions vested in Texas. Same with the SEC. They have to protect their 'golden calves'!

well put. And it is all of the TV revenue that fuels the SEC dominance. I wonder how much of it goes under the table to recruits and their families. :dunno

http://collegesports...-by-conference/

Big Ten

10 years, $1 billion, ABC/ESPN (through 2016)

25 years, +$2.8 billion, Big Ten Network (through 2032)

6 years, $145 million, Fox (B1G championship game through 2016)

Annual: $236 million

Average Annual per School: $19.7-$22 million

SEC

15 years, $2.25 billion, ESPN (through 2024)

15 years, $825 million, CBS (through 2024)

Annual: $205 million

Average Annual per School: $17.1 million

But don't let facts get in the way.

In all fairness, the SEC title game money isn't included in that equation, from what I can tell.

And let's not overlook that the SEC is working towards a BTN-type of network for their conference. The SEC may not have *the* biggest payday, but it will soon meet or exceed the B1G's current payout structure.

Though if the rumored changes are any indication, the B1G deal will blow their current one out of the water with decidedly fewer games on ESPN (same number on ABC). Instead, the B1G will simply shift more Tier 2 (e.g. Nebraska/Michigan State, Nebraska/Minnesota, Nebraska/Rutgers, Nebraska/Maryland) football programming to the BTN, which will make the conference decidedly more money in the long term.

In all fairness, the SEC title game money isn't included in that equation, from what I can tell.

And let's not overlook that the SEC is working towards a BTN-type of network for their conference. The SEC may not have *the* biggest payday, but it will soon meet or exceed the B1G's current payout structure.

Though if the rumored changes are any indication, the B1G deal will blow their current one out of the water with decidedly fewer games on ESPN (same number on ABC). Instead, the B1G will simply shift more Tier 2 (e.g. Nebraska/Michigan State, Nebraska/Minnesota, Nebraska/Rutgers, Nebraska/Maryland) football programming to the BTN, which will make the conference decidedly more money in the long term.

They already have one. It's called espn.

They already have one. It's called espn.

So true. ESPN is a propaganda network for the SEC like NBC is for Obama.