Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

From what the coaches said, Fisher knows the plays, knows how to adjust the defense and he is a run stopper. Why in the hell would anyone be knocking on this kid on coming back. Towards the beginning of our conference play, this kid has shown up and made key plays. He might be on the slower end right now, but many people forget that he did break his leg two years ago. It takes time to let go of that fear of doing it again. I think he is now past that. I would have been happy if he went to med school, but I am just as happy to have him back, even as a starter.

GBR!!! Some people need to learn how to support a kid rather than ragging on someone who is better than you think.

• Fire 1

From what the coaches said, Fisher knows the plays, knows how to adjust the defense and he is a run stopper. Why in the hell would anyone be knocking on this kid on coming back. Towards the beginning of our conference play, this kid has shown up and made key plays. He might be on the slower end right now, but many people forget that he did break his leg two years ago. It takes time to let go of that fear of doing it again. I think he is now past that. I would have been happy if he went to med school, but I am just as happy to have him back, even as a starter.

GBR!!! Some people need to learn how to support a kid rather than ragging on someone who is better than you think.

I can't support kids or coaches that can't win National Championships every year or at least one every five :sarcasm

God damn right. I got Fishers back all day long and I don't even know the kid. I just thought having our guys backs was something we did around here? Some of you guys have been bashing this guy from day one. Take a step back and realize how tough it must be for this kid to be so successful in the classroom and play LBer at a prestigious University like Nebraska. Talk about hard work and determination. This guy is exactly the type of character guy you want to build your program with.

• Fire 3

God damn right. I got Fishers back all day long and I don't even know the kid. I just thought having our guys backs was something we did around here? Some of you guys have been bashing this guy from day one. Take a step back and realize how tough it must be for this kid to be so successful in the classroom and play LBer at a prestigious University like Nebraska. Talk about hard work and determination. This guy is exactly the type of character guy you want to build your program with.

+1

You know how many kids who would have thrown in the towel when the odds were against them? A LOT! I am someone who has given Fisher a hard time, but this year, he has shown the type of player he can be, and honestly, one more year under Els, I think he will excel. Els is a great LB coach. Better than most will ever probably give credit for. He pulled more talent out of what we had this year than anyone even knew they had. Compton, Whaley and Fisher outperformed themselves this year IMO.

+1

I get so pissed off when posters start trash talking our players, when the one doing it would not be good enough to sniff their jock strap let alone carry it. Then I have to refrain from posting something that would probably get me suspended or ban hammered.

• Fire 1

+1

I get so pissed off when posters start trash talking our players, when the one doing it would not be good enough to sniff their jock strap let alone carry it. Then I have to refrain from posting something that would probably get me suspended or ban hammered.

I think there is a difference between discussing someone's performance and then just completely talking trash. This kid could be coming back, sacraficing his body for this TEAM and the FANS. He obviously isn't staying to further his education, as he is 4.0 GPA student and has majored over a year ago. Its just nice to see that some don't have the same respect as he does for the fans, who he is coming back for. Some of it might be him still trying to be that player he knows he could be, but a 6th year is by far, further than a selfish deed.

Anyone know what Medical Schools he was applying to?

Trying to say this in the nicest way possible, did he not do well on his entrance exams? I know he had sooooo much free time to study.

#TeamFisher

I don't know what medical school it was, but it was in Chicago, maybe University of Chicago. I know he was going for plastic surgeon.

+1

I think there is a difference between discussing someone's performance and then just completely talking trash. This kid could be coming back, sacraficing his body for this TEAM and the FANS. He obviously isn't staying to further his education, as he is 4.0 GPA student and has majored over a year ago. Its just nice to see that some don't have the same respect as he does for the fans, who he is coming back for. Some of it might be him still trying to be that player he knows he could be, but a 6th year is by far, further than a selfish deed.

I will agree with this. I was referencing comments like:

Yeah he doesn't need to see the field

Awesome! :hmmph

No need for this behavioir. Apparently they can't see where he may be able to help the youngsters.

So I did a little research. Sean is a STUD.

Sean Fisher is waiting word on the University of Chicago, Stanford, Michigan, Nebraska and Johns Hopkins.
And the MCAT? He scored a 39 out of a possible 45 -- in the top 1 percent of all who take it.
Of course, he also owns a 4.0 grade-point average in both business administration and pre-med, and he's an Academic All-American.

An average spring semester day for Fisher starts with a 6 a.m. football workout and proceeds through classes, meals, football practice then finally to hours of studying, often until well past midnight on subjects like organic chemistry.

http://www.ydr.com/p...ball-med-school

My favorite part of the article: He studies at night in the press box in order to get away from everyone.