Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

not really stunned by the amount of douchebags on this board. The kid has dedicated SIX years of his life to your F'n team.... and this is the kind of respect he gets? He may not have the most physical talent, but the kids got more heart than 90 percent of you talking sh#t - and a hell of a lot smarter too.

Look, bash the guys getting paid hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars (coaches) all you want; but dont bash a kid that has but his heart, soul and mind into helping YOUR team win at the expense of his medical career and his body.

I for one will be happy to have him in the middle of the feild, making sure all of our young DL and LB are in the right spots.

most of you disgust me...

Get over yourself.

Everyone can appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears this young man has poured into the football program - and I'm sure most everyone does. But the prospect of "high character" guys continuing to take playing time from superior athletes is one many find undesirable, and that's okay. It's a legitimate concern that has arguably hindered the progress of the program.

It's not a discussion about playing time. No one's oohing and awing about him coming back to start. It's a compliment to the kids character that there is a possibility of him passing up med school in order to come back and play football for the university of nebraska, where he is underappreciated, if at all, by some of the fanbase. In fact, it was the supposed "dooshbags" that made it an issue about his performance and playing time. If he returns, his leadership and experience will be beyond valuable.

He would not necassarily have to play a full 4 quarters every game to have an impact. And, if he reads this thread, none will have to worry about it anyway.

Get over yourself.

Everyone can appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears this young man has poured into the football program - and I'm sure most everyone does. But the prospect of "high character" guys continuing to take playing time from superior athletes is one many find undesirable, and that's okay. It's a legitimate concern that has arguably hindered the progress of the program.

I appreciate the effort and the dedication he has put forward to this team. If he comes back, he will most likely not care about starting, rather than trying to put this program one step forward with trying to help these kids. The LB's we have now, call and text Fisher and Compton to ask questions and frequently ask to review tapes to see what they should be looking for. They asked these two for help during practice, because each one of them want to be the best they can be.

Can Fisher bring more skill to the field? Athletically, probably not. Experience, discipline, dedication, heart and attitude? Most definitely! Your having a group of kids that have little to no experience, with no play caller back there to make sure people are adjusted. He is needed more than some people think.

It's funny so many get worked up about fans criticizing athletes, when that criticism is often what fuels many athletes to greatness. Maybe he reads this thread, and it pushes him to come back and have a phenomenal 3rd Senior year. Or maybe, he gets butthurt. I have little use for guys who wallow in pity when people say something harsh about them.

It's especially true for players who have aspirations of playing in the NFL. If you can't handle truck loads of harsh criticism, you have no business playing in that league.

Nebraska fans, and this board, are extremely tame compared to what's out there. I'm tired of hearing about how bad it is. This board is great, and this fan base is great. If any of the players think this fan base is harsh, I just hope they don't have to play for the Eagles some day.

Plastic surgery? With Obamacare and a declining economy? He better take the 6th year.

if you want to make money, regardless of policy or economy, elective surgery is the way to go.

Plastics isn't always elective, think about burn patients or trauma patients...

i did, that is why i specifically said 'elective surgery'.

I'm not always serious.

yes you are.

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

I believe Baker Steinkuhler and our secondary had more to do with our first win against Wisky win than Fisher did. Both of them were absent in the second game (one for physical reasons, the other mental), and we saw what happened.

Ok so I may have over emphasized his importance, but without him it's a different game and probably not in our favor. Baker was great in pressuring Stave and stopping runs up the gut, but Fisher and Whaley where our outside contain that game and they stepped it up.

Usually Fisher's mistakes were physical and more noticeable to the casual fan. He was in the correct spots, he is just not as physically gifted as some.

On the other hand, Stafford is a freak. He may be seen flying all over the field and may be heralded as "getting athletes on the field," but is routinely out of position. Harder to notice.

Usually Fisher's mistakes were physical and more noticeable to the casual fan. He was in the correct spots, he is just not as physically gifted as some.

On the other hand, Stafford is a freak. He may be seen flying all over the field and may be heralded as "getting athletes on the field," but is routinely out of position. Harder to notice.

I have always said Stafford is a hitter and a good tackler, someone who rarely lets a guy slip through his arms, but he was far from a "smart" safety. Stafford would have been great in a lot of systems, but Bo's defensive scheme, the Safety has a ton more responsibility than your average Safety. He is accountable for the run, zones, and all. He was quick to get to the ball because he was fast. This is what helped him look like a great player who knew what he was doing to most. I might get hell for saying all that, but he was a good player, just not the player you want in Bo's scheme, just the best we had this year. If C Osbourne wasn't a concussion machine, I am sure he would have been who you saw most of this year.

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

Yeah I'm with you. I thought he had some pretty good games this year. I hope he does come back.

I have always said Stafford is a hitter and a good tackler, someone who rarely lets a guy slip through his arms, but he was far from a "smart" safety. Stafford would have been great in a lot of systems, but Bo's defensive scheme, the Safety has a ton more responsibility than your average Safety. He is accountable for the run, zones, and all. He was quick to get to the ball because he was fast. This is what helped him look like a great player who knew what he was doing to most. I might get hell for saying all that, but he was a good player, just not the player you want in Bo's scheme, just the best we had this year. If C Osbourne wasn't a concussion machine, I am sure he would have been who you saw most of this year.

We see eye to eye ... except for the bolded in the Big 10 Championship game. :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1