Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

He packs on 80 pounds and we got our DT!

LOL. A 300lb dr. walks into the room and tells you to drop your drawers, snaps on that rubber glove.............

not just any 300lb doctor, but a 6'6" 300lb former football player doctor. Take a deep breath and hold it...

From what we have been hearing pretty much all season is that he has a good chance of getting another year because of the broken leg injury. Bo said it really comes down to what Sean Fisher wants to do, whether he wants to come back to Nebraska one more season or start medical school. Ball is in his hands and we are waiting to see which hoop he shoots for.

not really stunned by the amount of douchebags on this board. The kid has dedicated SIX years of his life to your F'n team.... and this is the kind of respect he gets? He may not have the most physical talent, but the kids got more heart than 90 percent of you talking sh#t - and a hell of a lot smarter too.

Look, bash the guys getting paid hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars (coaches) all you want; but dont bash a kid that has but his heart, soul and mind into helping YOUR team win at the expense of his medical career and his body.

I for one will be happy to have him in the middle of the feild, making sure all of our young DL and LB are in the right spots.

most of you disgust me...

not really stunned by the amount of douchebags on this board. The kid has dedicated SIX years of his life to your F'n team.... and this is the kind of respect he gets? He may not have the most physical talent, but the kids got more heart than 90 percent of you talking sh#t - and a hell of a lot smarter too.

Look, bash the guys getting paid hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars (coaches) all you want; but dont bash a kid that has but his heart, soul and mind into helping YOUR team win at the expense of his medical career and his body.

I for one will be happy to have him in the middle of the feild, making sure all of our young DL and LB are in the right spots.

As much as I support your comment and agree, dont end it with "most". "some" or "few", yes, but "most" have been supportive of Sean in this thread.

• Fire 1

You cannot blame Sean for anything. Did he make some mistakes and miss some tackles while at NU. Sure he did. So did the rest of our defense. Seems like some feel he is a terrible LB, he had plenty of options out of HS and he stuck with us.

Glad we were lucky enough to have another academic all American. Smart kid who will make for a great doctor some day. #GBR

You cannot blame Sean for anything. Did he make some mistakes and miss some tackles while at NU. Sure he did. So did the rest of our defense. Seems like some feel he is a terrible LB, he had plenty of options out of HS and he stuck with us.

Glad we were lucky enough to have another academic all American. Smart kid who will make for a great doctor some day. #GBR

I feel it's better to have productive members of society come out of the football program instead of ten guys leaving before they even finish school like LSU.

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

I believe Baker Steinkuhler and our secondary had more to do with our first win against Wisky win than Fisher did. Both of them were absent in the second game (one for physical reasons, the other mental), and we saw what happened.

Having said that, I'm glad the kid's back. If you've got kids that will listen (which comes with good character), sometimes the best thing you can do is throw what is a grizzled collegiate veteran like Fisher into the lineup to guide these kids from within. :)

Get over yourself.

Everyone can appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears this young man has poured into the football program - and I'm sure most everyone does. But the prospect of "high character" guys continuing to take playing time from superior athletes is one many find undesirable, and that's okay. It's a legitimate concern that has arguably hindered the progress of the program.