Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

I feel it's better to have productive members of society come out of the football program instead of ten guys leaving before they even finish school like LSU.

^this +100. part of why I have always been and still am 100% pro-Bo is his off the field development of the program. I mean it when I say I would take the 9-10 wins and 4 losses range being in the thick of championships for a long time because of the clean-as-a-whistle program he runs, which is more than you can say for a good amount of teams. I am at peace with the 90's never happening again. I like this niche Bo has carved for NU. A very competitive team overall GPA, and I am amazed at the lack of run-ins with the law. The worst ones I can think of in Bo's tenure are Niles paul taking a whizz in public, Baker getting a dui, and dennard punching a cop even though it was after his senior season was over. I'm not judging those dudes or throwing dirt on them, just saying that it's pretty remarkable that those are the worst things we can say about our program under Bo in addition to NCAA probation for buying student-athletes recommended books for class. God forbid the NU Athletic Department encourages additional learning. People like Sean are a testament to our high character culture and development of men. Playing that angle scores huge brownie points with recruits' parents in their living room, we can sell huskers who excel outside of the NFL like Sean in our recruiting pitches just as much as we pitch Suh. It gives me real perspective and appreciation for Bo when I see Penn State, Ohio State, Miami, USC, and Florida (millions of weed arrests) paying huge literal and figurative costs for their respective NCAA violations (except for Florida), often because of lapses in character. Can't put a price on that security. You know with Bo that he would fight to the death before he let something of Penn State's magnitude occur at NU.

Watching him walk around the day after games was painful. He's physically busted up, "healed" broken leg or not. There's no doubt it hurt him physically to play every single time he took the field these last two years, but he gutted it out.

Saw that too. He was beat up for sure. He put in a solid amount of years to help get the program back on its feet. He had scholarships from Bob Stoops, Kirk ferentz, and big bubba Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. Who knows, if he took one of those out of high school he might not have gotten injured and done exceptionally well. All I know is if i were a husker I'd try to emulate Fisher more than anyone else on the team. He had the best balance of intellect and athleticism you could ask for, did college right.

• Fire 2

I feel it's better to have productive members of society come out of the football program instead of ten guys leaving before they even finish school like LSU.

^this +100. part of why I have always been and still am 100% pro-Bo is his off the field development of the program. I mean it when I say I would take the 9-10 wins and 4 losses range being in the thick of championships for a long time because of the clean-as-a-whistle program he runs, which is more than you can say for a good amount of teams. I am at peace with the 90's never happening again. I like this niche Bo has carved for NU. A very competitive team overall GPA, and I am amazed at the lack of run-ins with the law. The worst ones I can think of in Bo's tenure are Niles paul taking a whizz in public, Baker getting a dui, and dennard punching a cop even though it was after his senior season was over. I'm not judging those dudes or throwing dirt on them, just saying that it's pretty remarkable that those are the worst things we can say about our program under Bo in addition to NCAA probation for buying student-athletes recommended books for class. God forbid the NU Athletic Department encourages additional learning. People like Sean are a testament to our high character culture and development of men. Playing that angle scores huge brownie points with recruits' parents in their living room, we can sell huskers who excel outside of the NFL like Sean in our recruiting pitches just as much as we pitch Suh. It gives me real perspective and appreciation for Bo when I see Penn State, Ohio State, Miami, USC, and Florida (millions of weed arrests) paying huge literal and figurative costs for their respective NCAA violations (except for Florida), often because of lapses in character. Can't put a price on that security. You know with Bo that he would fight to the death before he let something of Penn State's magnitude occur at NU.

Watching him walk around the day after games was painful. He's physically busted up, "healed" broken leg or not. There's no doubt it hurt him physically to play every single time he took the field these last two years, but he gutted it out.

Saw that too. He was beat up for sure. He put in a solid amount of years to help get the program back on its feet. He had scholarships from Bob Stoops, Kirk ferentz, and big bubba Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. Who knows, if he took one of those out of high school he might not have gotten injured and done exceptionally well. All I know is if i were a husker I'd try to emulate Fisher more than anyone else on the team. He had the best balance of intellect and athleticism you could ask for, did college right.

I'd take the 10 wins too knowing that we are producing student athletes like Fisher. I like that CFB news on espn and si websites have a lot of stories about players leaving school early for the draft and there is a story about Fisher going to med school :thumbs Couldn't ask for better advertisement for UNL.

He sets the bar pretty high as far as academic achievement. Best of luck in med school and thanks for all the hard work!

I'd take the 10 wins too knowing that we are producing student athletes like Fisher. I like that CFB news on espn and si websites have a lot of stories about players leaving school early for the draft and there is a story about Fisher going to med school :thumbs Couldn't ask for better advertisement for UNL.

He sets the bar pretty high as far as academic achievement. Best of luck in med school and thanks for all the hard work!

Its because these Sports Writers don't care about academics. All they care about is that player who will be the next big thing on the field. They don't want to write about a school who doesn't play kids who have anything less than a 3.0 GPA. Thats not entertainment to them.