Coaching Raises (Tim Beck $)

QMany

Per the OWH, Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck will make $700,000 in 2013. He made $365,000 in 2012.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Beck is now the third highest paid coordinator in the Big Ten only behind Michigan's Greg Mattison and Ohio State's Luke Fickell.#huskers

Papuchis goes from $300,000 to $310,000. :ahhhhhhhh

Garrison makes biggest jump, aside from Beck, from $160,000 to $245,000.

Joseph also at $245,000 after making $230,000 last year.

Veterans Brown & Cotton go from $240,000 to $254,800.

Els goes from $220,000 to $230,000.

Kaz from $195,000 to $208,900.

Fisher from $180,000 to $200,000.

(Credit to Accountability's status. Just thought I would consolidate everything into a discussion)

Beck must have been a lot closer to the door than many of us realized.

I was thinking the same thing!

My first thought: others came knocking, he stayed loyal, told the University, didn't entertain any offers, and got rewarded handsomely.

Beck must have been a lot closer to the door than many of us realized.

I was thinking the same thing!

My first thought: others came knocking, he stayed loyal, told the University, didn't entertain any offers, and got rewarded handsomely.

No, he entertained offers and got rewarded handsomely. You don't go from 350-700 without scaring your employer a little.

• Fire 3

Does anyone else think Fisher should be making a bit more?

His receivers had a GREAT year, but he has to prove himself a little more. He has coached at college level 6 years total.

Garrison has coached 4.

Five, I think.

I guess coaching at Nebraska for 5 years carries a little more weight on a resume than Idaho and the Rivers School in Weston, Mass.

I'm just playing devils advocate. I have no idea how they get these numbers. Papuchis got a raise.

His receivers had a GREAT year, but he has to prove himself a little more. He has coached at college level 6 years total.

Garrison has coached 4.

Five, I think.

I guess coaching at Nebraska for 5 years carries a little more weight on a resume than Idaho and the Rivers School in Weston, Mass.

I'm just playing devils advocate. I have no idea how they get these numbers. Papuchis got a raise.

I honestly laughed why I saw JP's raise. They just gave him one because everyone else got one. It's like a party favor or something. Here, have $10k.

Garrison has coached 4.

Five, I think.

There isn't much difference between 200k and 208k, or even 245k in Lincoln. They've got the assistants for the most part on fairly equal footing with one another. I wonder if Garrison is taking another title with his larger jump?

I honestly laughed why I saw JP's raise. They just gave him one because everyone else got one. It's like a party favor or something. Here, have $10k.

Have to keep up with inflation, I guess! :D

hopefully this is one of the benefits on our new ad. he is more willing to open up the pocketbook. then again, hopefully he spends it on the right people. i do not envy his job.

I agree. I'm still waiting on my "Best Husker Fan 2012-2013" bonus check.