Legends division?

BCS1994

I just find it hard to believe that Ohio State's talent is not superior to ours. I think we will see them march through the division. Michigan may give them a fight. I was very impressed with Michigan's play in their bowl game. Bad for the Big that they lost in the final seconds.

I will really wait until the UCLA game this year. I think there are more questions to be answered. I think our offense is good, but against top teams we really did not score as easily as some seem to think.

I think a lot of people believe the young, talented players we have waiting in the wings will make up for the shortcomings of their predecessors through their athleticism. I think we have more potential, but I don't expect our defense to be better next year.

The one thing I expect to be fixed is the defensive miscues that become so awful we slip into blowout mode and give up 70 points. That kind of nonsense has to stop, and I believe that has more to do with our coaches than with the talent we have.

The UCLA game is a good benchark game. I think our offense was good enough to win a BCS game last year, and good enough to win every single game we played. It's just difficult when your defense is a sieve, can't play fundamental football and lacks discipline.

I just find it hard to believe that Ohio State's talent is not superior to ours. I think we will see them march through the division. Michigan may give them a fight. I was very impressed with Michigan's play in their bowl game. Bad for the Big that they lost in the final seconds.

I will really wait until the UCLA game this year. I think there are more questions to be answered. I think our offense is good, but against top teams we really did not score as easily as some seem to think.

First, we scored plenty against our top competition, our defense was without doubt, the problem last year....

Second, Michigan "may" give Ohio St. a fight? Really? Ohio St. is not Alabama, and their invincibility is nonexistent. They could have easily lost 4 games last year, but too their credit they won the close ones....

Thirdly (is that a word), I get tired of the media/message board posters proclaiming that Ohio ST. and Michigan have such superior talent compared too our roster. I have noticed McKewon (who I admire as a journalist) has said on a number of instances that Nebraska needs too keep up with Michigan/Ohio. St when it comes too athletes, as if we are quickly falling behind in that regard. I must have missed something, but I didn't notice their athletes being superior to ours in the games the last two years (Aside from Braxton Miller).

I believe that this coming year, Nebraska will have as many athletes on the field as anyone else in the BigTen....

Recruiting ranks argue that. 63-28 is not putting up enough offense as we were in against 2nd and 3rd team playes most likely. I think Ohio State and Michigan are both in the top ten again this year.

And being in the top ten matters as every single National Champion for the last ten years has had consistent top ten classes other than Ohio State vs Miami. If you do not recruit with the top programs you do not win the MNC, as it has been for awhile.

Just because someone believes the talent is equal does not make it so. I agree we have a coaching problem. We have had for the last three years. I do not see it changing anytime soon. We may end up better overall this year with wins, but the quality of play will not be much better. If it is, then those Redshirt freshmen should have been playing last year. Know your talent, and where and when it is needed. We seemed to have failed miserably on that. Most blame the DC for this, but it falls directly on Bo.

Again why would our untested defensive Freshmen be better than Ohio State's. I just do not understand how ours are better when most of thiers if not all were rated higher. We do not have superior coaching, ranked less talent, but in the end better. It does not make sense to me.

Not saying it can not happen, but it hasn't for awhile now.

Initially when moving to the Big, the general board comment was Bo's fast defesnes will destroy the plodding BIG top teams. That has not happened when it mattered.

Until he actually figures out how to be a head coach, we will see this happening I think.

We scored 38 points against Ohio State, which should have been enough to win the game. When the defense was bad, it was really bad, but they still were able to put up some pretty good performances during the year (holding back Dennard Robinson before he was hurt, not letting Kain Colter do anything against NW).

I think the defense will have some growing pains, but they will be more athletic.

I guess i dont know where Ohio St's gonna get challenged outside the Michigan game. I dont see anyone in the leaders that will provide them with a legitimate challenge with them crapping their own pants.

Hey now.....I'm no sunshine pumpin' blind man, i tend to keep things in the realm of reality, but with the upgrades in speed alone I see coming on defense, let's not rule us out just yet. Remember, Lavonte David himself was able to stop that team quite a few times. We could have a few guys on the field next year that athletically compare to Lavonte, plus a few DL's that could be impactful in a different outcome. We got a shot.

I guess i dont know where Ohio St's gonna get challenged outside the Michigan game. I dont see anyone in the leaders that will provide them with a legitimate challenge with them crapping their own pants.

Hey now.....I'm no sunshine pumpin' blind man, i tend to keep things in the realm of reality, but with the upgrades in speed alone I see coming on defense, let's not rule us out just yet. Remember, Lavonte David himself was able to stop that team quite a few times. We could have a few guys on the field next year that athletically compare to Lavonte, plus a few DL's that could be impactful in a different outcome. We got a shot.

I meant in their own division, and schedule as whole up to the CCG. Yes, I expect us to be a very solid football team by November. I'm just a little shaky on the early part of the season. The UCLA game in particular with as much youth is supposedly going to play.

I meant in their own division, and schedule as whole up to the CCG. Yes, I expect us to be a very solid football team by November. I'm just a little shaky on the early part of the season. The UCLA game in particular with as much youth is supposedly going to play.

Gotcha. There's that part of me that forget's we don't play them next year. I do expect to meet them in the CCG, and I really do think we are going to be a much more "talented" defense next year. Now whether that "talent" plays as a cohesive unit will be determined when we take the field, but maybe I'm just really really hoping that it does work out. I do expect to meet them in the Conference Championship, so as far as your original point, your absolutely right, and I once again prove that I can be quite a dipsh*t sometimes.

I really have not looked at Rivals, I did hear we got a couple of good kids the other day. I ask this out of sincerity, is our ranking due to stars or due to numbers. I know we had a couple of higher rankings due to numbers being taken rather than supposed talent.

I really have not looked at Rivals, I did hear we got a couple of good kids the other day. I ask this out of sincerity, is our ranking due to stars or due to numbers. I know we had a couple of higher rankings due to numbers being taken rather than supposed talent.

I think it's due a little of both. Only thing is, we're the highest ranked class without a top 100 or 5 star. Here's the link i've been watching

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2013

I think I read the other day that we are actually one of the better teams out there as far as "average star ranking" whatever the hell that means. But yea, we are getting a lot of guys, which is awesome, but it appears we are getting some very good players as well as far as rankings go. I think the "average" could improve once all is updated and finished. I have to admit I've been very impressed by the tapes on some of the players we've recruited late this signing period. Some of these latest recruits have had some really impressive senior seasons and the recruiting web sites have yet to catch up with that I think.

That sounds good, I think he has done a better job with the offense on recruiting and now is concentrating on the defense it seems. I really do not want him gone, but things need to change. Recruiting is the most important part of being a head coach. He has to know what he wants and who can do it, being highly rated or not. Sounds like he has been beating the bushes. Being an old Marine recruiter, that is what it takes. lol

This is Bo's best class all the way around. No if's ands or buts about it.

agree - the 2011 class was short on numbers and doesn't look so hot a couple years later.

Still need another OL recruit for me to proclaim this class top 15 though. And to be honest I'd like to see him take a 3rd DT. We've had some serious depth issues there recently and it's not looking to get much better. Not really concerned about Walker leaving. Would like to hang on to McWilson but we haven't had much to worry about when it comes to DBs in the last few years so I am sure we'll be fine there. Maybe a JUCO next year if he walks.

Got our TEs. Went beyond what you could hope for at RB. Very solid LBers class - something Bo is starting to do year after year. Great QB. Loaded up on tall, speady DEs. FINALLY!

If we keep the guys we have, and grab a couple more - which you know we will...this is the type of class that could win championships. We need to hang right around that #15ish ranking for another couple years and we'll be set.