How would you grade each position group in this class?

I'm going to go with:

QB: A+ (I think Stanton is a very good QB and he has been recruiting for us very heavily)

RB: A+

WR: B (If Clark comes in and Walker stays, I'll go up to an A)

TE: B+ (I really like who we have. If we could have gotten a JUCO like they originally wanted, I would be up at A)

OL: B ( could move to B+ once Johnson is N)

DE: A (best JUCO DE in the country by some. We needed him. Put him in with Natter and there is no way this isn't an A)

DT: B+ (I really like the HS kids they got. Would have been an A if we could have a JUCO like they wanted)

LB: A (Very good LBs in this class)

CB: N/A (waiting for a player to be N)

S: A (McWillson and Singlton in this class make this an easy A)

All in all, I really like the class and think we have some players that are going to contribute huge down the road.

With C being average how would you rank each position group for this years class as it stands now?

QB: A

RB: A+

WR: A- (add Clark and it goes to an A)

TE: B+

OL: B ( could move to B+ once Johnson is N)

DE: A-

DT: B

LB: A

CB: N/A (waiting for a player to be N)

S: B+

I'm pretty close on most of these. I'd put OL as a c- until Johnson is in though, as we need more bodies. I could see a b or maybe b+ if he's in. I'd say b- for DT. Couple of good prospects, but could have done better. I'd call LB an a+, safety too including singleton. F for cb as of now.

Very good class overall. Just need to adress cb and OL a bit more to wrap it up.

Wow Headley! Very positive grades coming from you. A month ago your tune was a little different.

I give credit when credit is due. Wish we would have hit a few bigger names in the trenches but the staff is getting hella good skill players.

Considering your sentiment back then. Coaches can't recruit and all that. Yet we close by finding gems late. My guess is that we knew about these guys all along but kept them under the radar. Proof being the offers these guys picked up late. I think this class shows that our staff knows talent, and the teams coming in after us for some of these guys, just confirms it!

Wow Headley! Very positive grades coming from you. A month ago your tune was a little different.

I give credit when credit is due. Wish we would have hit a few bigger names in the trenches but the staff is getting hella good skill players.

Considering your sentiment back then. Coaches can't recruit and all that. Yet we close by finding gems late. My guess is that we knew about these guys all along but kept them under the radar. Proof being the offers these guys picked up late. I think this class shows that our staff knows talent, and the teams coming in after us for some of these guys, just confirms it!

My complaints in regards to the staff and its recruiting is towards certain coaches. I also want us to put forth as much effort as we currently are all year. You would see us have top 10 classes consistently with that effort.

My complaints in regards to the staff and its recruiting is towards certain coaches. I also want us to put forth as much effort as we currently are all year. You would see us have top 10 classes consistently with that effort.

Next year should prove whether or not we've made strides. When you can't afford mistakes in smallers classes. I've heard 18-20 for next year, so taking less projects and finding guys who can contribute as rfr should be emphasized. Plus after taking such a big class like this years, we should be able to target certain guys and sell them on the small class size ie less guys being recruited to their respective positions.

Probably DB and DT heavy next year along with quality depth at all others.

Does anyone seeing Johnny Stanton getting moved to defense before its all said and done? Not trying to start anything just curious.

What? You do realize there are restrictions as to when and how coaches can contact recruits throughout the year right? Not to mention they have these things called football games in the fall that they are busy with. I would like to see them fill up the class maybe a little bit sooner as well, but to say they should always be on it like they are right now is kind of absurd.

What? You do realize there are restrictions as to when and how coaches can contact recruits throughout the year right? Not to mention they have these things called football games in the fall that they are busy with. I would like to see them fill up the class maybe a little bit sooner as well, but to say they should always be on it like they are right now is kind of absurd.

Ask Nick Saban how many hours he and his staff put into recruiting during the season. They make time for recruiting in season. Our staff has improved over the last season(s) recruiting before the season and goes crazy after the season but they slow it down massively during the season.

Yes I know there are restrictions etc in season. BUT the effort and focus isn't there the way it has been post season in years past.