Would you guys Support a NHL Team?

FWIW, I do follow Pittsburgh already, but I don't see an NHL team surviving here. You'd get some marginal interest from the Lincoln/Omaha crowd, but nothing that would draw people in from Fremont, Norfolk, Columbus, Grand Island, etc. It just wouldn't stay afloat. That being said, if Kansas City ever gets the NHL back, I think you'd see a raised interest in the NHL around here.

maybe a CHL or ECHL team, but not an NHL franchise...

Have to agree with walks on this one. CHL/ECHL typical arena holds about 5,000 to 7,000 and most rarely sellout and that's a $15 to $30 ticket. But NHL is whole other deal, 40k plus seating and $75 plus ticket price. There is not enough population to begin to support that in Nebraska. Hell the Avs struggle in Denver and they have a pretty strong following. I could afford to go to a few Avs game per year but I instead have season tickets to an ECHL team that is twenty minutes away and 1/5 the cost. The NHL is a great sport but it just doesn't have the fanbase to survive in most smaller markets.

Omaha would be more likely to support an NBA team than an NHL team.

I agree, but that the odds of an NBA team surviving in Omaha is also incredibly low. Omaha is the 58th largest metropolitan area in the country. The only way Omaha could get a professional sports team there is if you somehow get the Green Bay situation where the entire city is full of raving fans.