WALK-ON LB Jack Fordon

Any info on what kind of competition Fordon's playing in? I find it curious that he doesn't have at least 1 scholarship offer from anyone else. Recruiting is a funny business. Even in today's day and age, lots of guys slip through the cracks.

He played in pretty much the toughest conference in Illinois.

Any info on what kind of competition Fordon's playing in? I find it curious that he doesn't have at least 1 scholarship offer from anyone else. Recruiting is a funny business. Even in today's day and age, lots of guys slip through the cracks.

It might have something to do with whatever injury he had that in his words slowed down his senior season.

there is another thread about who would be the surprise player out of this years signing class, well I think this guy will be it. When you watch him he does a great job of wrapping up, and getting his head across when tackling. If he can grasp Bo's defense mentally then he could see playing time quicker than most probably figure a walk-on would.

Being from Illinois and following HS football in the state New Lenox Providence is a MAJOR powerhouse in Chicago area! An 80+% winning percentage and has made 11 state championchip games in the last 20 years or close to it.... Very well coached and very good fundamentals. As deep as our LB corp it still wouldnt suprise me if he earns a scholly soon! I think we got ourselves a really good walk on that is going to compete every chance he gets! Good luck to you young man go earn your spot! GBR!

It might have something to do with whatever injury he had that in his words slowed down his senior season. there is another thread about who would be the surprise player out of this years signing class, well I think this guy will be it. When you watch him he does a great job of wrapping up, and getting his head across when tackling. If he can grasp Bo's defense mentally then he could see playing time quicker than most probably figure a walk-on would.

Because Providence is a Catholic School they play lots of other Catholic schools in Chiacgo. I believe they are in the 6A playoffs almost every year.(8 classes) But because they play other catholic teams they play alot of 5,6,7,8A class teams. High competition level.

It might have something to do with whatever injury he had that in his words slowed down his senior season. there is another thread about who would be the surprise player out of this years signing class, well I think this guy will be it. When you watch him he does a great job of wrapping up, and getting his head across when tackling. If he can grasp Bo's defense mentally then he could see playing time quicker than most probably figure a walk-on would.

Because Providence is a Catholic School they play lots of other Catholic schools in Chiacgo. I believe they are in the 6A playoffs almost every year.(8 classes) But because they play other catholic teams they play alot of 5,6,7,8A class teams. High competition level.

They are 7A but they play in the same conference as the 8A state champions from the past year.

It really is amazing when we see kids walk-on from out of state. I don't know what the current tuition figures are, but I know it ain't cheap and doubly so for out of state tuition. My guess is that it has doubled since the time I was at UNL. I'm guessing his family must be pretty well off, but none the less, talk about some major motivation to earn a scholarship.Welcome aboard Mr. Fordon and great luck to you!

This guy is legit...his tackling skills really stood out to me. Can anyone tell me how many "preferred" walk-ons Osborne would normally take?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe somewhere between 30-50. Also, with a few exceptions (like Matt O'Hanlon) , pretty much every "walk on" is a preferred or a recruited walk on.