New Staff Addition

Lil' Red

Not sure if you've looked at 2014 Kansas recruits.

I have, but the top recruits in the state we are already going after, but the recruits that KU is going after but we aren't would be 2 and low 3-star recruits, so pass. Maybe saying KU recruits would have been clearer.

What the what?

Just because we are going after recruits doesn't mean we couldn't use all of the help we can get getting them to commit.

Correct, but Marrow was using information for recruits that Kentucky wasn't even recruiting, which is what I was trying to get at.

looks like he was a "quality control coach for offense" while at ku. idk for sure what that means, but if it helps with dumb false starts and helps the huskers with fumble and dumb turnovers then im all for it!

Pretty sure that's what Zac Taylor was classified as at aTm, and he was basically a QB coach like Ganz. Just a guess but is he hear to fill Marrow's position with the tight ends?

ahh i see, thanks for clearing that up, hopefully he can come in and fill Marrow's shoes well

What do you mean? Like assist in luring potential recruits away? :)

Well played sir, well played.

But what I meant was come in and be a positive impact for us on the recruiting trail. just not leave us at the end and take some recruits with you

Is he still a grad assistant or an assistant position coach?

He would be replacing Marrow so he's a grad assistant. It could very well be that he will coach the TE's like Marrow or at least help coach them. Since he played the position that sounds reasonable. A quality control coach does a little bit of everything. Scout, film work, may assist position coaches in coaching on the field. etc) (I read it on the internet)

Whatever he does I imagine it will be on the offensive side of the ball.

Let's hope this guy can recruit, never hurts to have an extra recruiter on the staff.

Can GA's being involved in recruiting at all? Wasn't last year kind of an anomaly because of Barney's shoulder surgery, thus allowing Marrow to be on the road for him with an NCAA exemption due to Barney's injury?

True as of last year for sure. Ga's couldnt recruit off campus or make calls unless there were special circumstances approved by the NCAA. I believe there are no restrictions at all for Ga's when the recruit is on-campus.

They changed the rules this year to remove the limit of coaches that can recruit off campus. I am assuming that's only applicable to full time paid coaches but I don't know for sure.

Good article on the new addition: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/article_98ca98e6-73c0-11e2-a5fb-0019bb2963f4.html#.URgMxSnkRaQ.twitter

A 2010 graduate of Buffalo, where he earned four letters playing fullback and tight end, Brey spent the past two seasons at Kansas as the quality control coach for the Jayhawk offense.

Brey is also the son of Notre Dame head basketball coach Mike Brey, who had himself a pretty good night last night.

Pretty sure Quality Control just means they break down all the film and prepare stat data for the coaching staff and players.

But overall, a quality control assistant's job is rooted in game preparation. They usually work at least one or two weeks ahead in the regular season.

They prepare the statistical analysis as well as the initial video study of upcoming opponents. The defensive quality control assistant breaks down opposing offenses, including how often they line up in specific formations and how they use various personnel groupings.

Read more:Q&A: "Quality control" coach is entry-level position in NFL - The Denver Post

Pretty sure Quality Control just means they break down all the film and prepare stat data for the coaching staff and players.

But overall, a quality control assistant's job is rooted in game preparation. They usually work at least one or two weeks ahead in the regular season.

They prepare the statistical analysis as well as the initial video study of upcoming opponents. The defensive quality control assistant breaks down opposing offenses, including how often they line up in specific formations and how they use various personnel groupings.

Read more:Q&A: "Quality control" coach is entry-level position in NFL - The Denver Post

anything that can help the coaches come into the game better prepared will help out tremendously. I am a big supporter of Bo and his staff, but I do believe that he does need to work on preparing a better game plan week in and week out, then maybe we wont have to come from behind all the time

anything that can help the coaches come into the game better prepared will help out tremendously. I am a big supporter of Bo and his staff, but I do believe that he does need to work on preparing a better game plan week in and week out, then maybe we wont have to come from behind all the time

You're right. No one likes playing from behind and it needs to stop! How many years/GA's will it take for Bo to finally figure out that "fumble punt" and "turnover on our side of the field" are just not effective game plans early on? :rolleyes:

I think Bo and staff have done a great job with their game plans for years. The one stinker was of course 2008 Missouri. The other times we have lost seemed to be more issues with player/coach psyche when things went wrong and the team could not recover. If this staff can fix this, the team finally turns that elusive corner to excellence.