Carr vs Callahan

Since the "proof is in the pudding," all of this silly bickering will be put aside in the next 2 years. The question I have, will those naysayers disappear or claim they said something different or admit that they were wrong? Like I've said, the "proof....

Who wants to give FF or Bernard, Michigan minus 13?

I DO :clap

Formerfan threw a worm out and like fish, some of you went directly for it and bit

excard4.gif

Yup.

Former's got a lot of Pride, and I respect that in people.

However, I do not respect it when people troll issues and keep bringing up the past, INTENTIONALLY causing aggrevation to the present moment by bring the past into it.

I wonder, really, if FF will change his username when NU starts getting back to 9+ wins.

But it is very "heroic" to take a stand against anyone else, and I'm sure it is fun to be the rebel, to stand out, and draw attention to oneself, in addition to enacting pride, and maybe even a twisted exercise in loyalty.

But whatever.

I guess I'll try to do better, being a fan of Nebraskan sportsmanship, to simply "not take the bait" when FF or anyone else purposely says something to ruffle feathers, or "state facts", or whatever else it may be.

It's not FormerFan.com

It's HUSKERBOARD.com

I need to remember that I need to concern myself with the Huskers, let FF say what he needs to say, and stay on topic. I'm as guilty as anyone else.

It's not FormerFan.com

It's HUSKERBOARD.com

Goddamn right it is!

:yeah Yes, yes it is huskerboard.com :thumbs

But what would you guys do without me??? :blink:

Formerfan is definetly looking for attention. No one else intentionally tries to piss off the board and troll topics like he does. I will admit, i am an idiot for falling for some of his baits, but then again, i tell myself it's just an opinion (and nothing more) of 1 person who is misguided.

Whats funny is that Im getting all this attention from a thread that I didnt even start. It was split from another thread. :rollin:rollin

Silliness, I tell you.

getting back to the orignal topic......it appears that Michigan has better players than NU, but here is a chance for Cally to outcoach their guy.....and i think that can be done......let's hope we get a solid, respectable effort in San Antonio, as it would really help recruiting and provide much needed momentum for next year!

hunter

Former, usually I dont say anything, but you have really been hijacking alot of threads recently, hence splitting of threads. Here are a couple of examples from the past couple of days, as i am too lazy to go any further, and frankly, with the amount of bashing you have posted, i didnt need to go any further.

Hey, Ive been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. My prediction still stands, and if Im wrong, I'll admit it, no shame there. Id bet that I wont have to though

FF won't admit he's wrong ever. Even though someone brought up a article in which proved my point, but he decided to develop a case of "i don't validate that article because it makes me look stupid". I guess FF knows more about what TO said to Callahan then Callahan himself

Funny, Im not sure what article youre referring to, but if youre talking about the one that mentions:

"Callahan returned from a recruiting trip to speak to a Holiday Convention Centre crowd of nearly 375. That followed an unexpected visit with Osborne - the former NU coach and current U.S. congressman - who was in the building for a different function.

Callahan and Osborne talked briefly, and Callahan later joked: "He gave me my official Nebraska head football coaches card, and membership, for that option play that we ran (against Colorado).""

I guess that you missed something here (like normal). It was a brief conversation that the two had. I have no idea what was said between, just like you dont. What I DO KNOW is that this was not some type of public statement made by TO that threw his full fledged support behind billy c, as you assume that he did.

Wanna talk about not admitting wrong:

1) Listing Auburn with other NC winners, saying that Auburn won a NC under Tuberville, only to spin is as your opinion. (How is it your opinion that they won something that they never won???? )

2) The skirmish between NC/CU was over a non-existant logo.

3) Corey young will be a Hawkeye, and that Thenarse will be a Husker.

4) Saying that Junior Bryant was not a highly rated recruit out of Creighton Prep, which NU lost to ND.

There are many, many more. You have yet to own up for these blatant un-truths, you just spin, spin, spin.

Not that I disagree with you, but apparently pud did, isnt that why he made the coaching change??

You must have forgotten that billy c took over a program that had won 80% of its games in the 31 years prior to his arrival, and he lead that team to its first losing season in 40 years. Mac took over a team that was terrible, hadnt had a good season since the early 80's/70's and made them winners. Let me simplify it, NU is a traditional power who has a long record of success, ISU isnt. But I guess that "real fans" consider ISU and NU equals, huh? They both made a turnaround in their program, Macs was positive, billy c's, not so positive. But oh well, he had 1 good recruiting class, or and one good game in 2 years .

billy c wont be here 10 years, IMO.

Reality??? NU never should have lost 6 games last year. TO or FS would have won 9 games easily last year.

Since your knowledge of the history of football is lacking, the bowl streak that billy c ended was one of the greatest in all sports when he ended it. Just one game, just one season. But I guess that 35 yr bowl streaks grow on trees, huh Just like 5 recruits.

Anybody got one of the throat slash

Deep at DE, with huge holes at OL and DB, and supposedly Clayborn has been turned away

But, this is the staff that is set (as of now) to have 6 scholly qbs next year and 1 (possibly 2) scholly Safety (Just for reference, Clayborne is a defensive end, one of those deep positions you were talking about, where as Hill is being looked at at tight end, a relatively thin position.)

Lets see, McCarney took a team that hadnt been to a bowl since the 78 Hall of Fame Bowl, to bowls in 00,01,02,04, and 05. And billy c took a team that had been to 35 bowl games in a row, to their first losing/non bowl season in 35 years. ISU is currently 70th in total offense, 48th in scoring, while NU is 95th in total offense, and 76th in scoring, even with the "WCO, offensive 'genius'" billy c as head coach. BTW, Barneyball has only been at ISU for as long as the WCO has been at NU, and ISU doesnt have as much talent as NU.

McCarney-Big12 coach of the year once (2004) billy c-0. (Side note Solich won it twice 99/01 )

Im gonna stop because this post might get to big, but i think everyone gets my point. When a large majority of you posts are about the same damn thing over and over again, and 95% of the board disagree with you, you only going to accomplish pissing people off and derailing every single thread on this board. You would be surprised at what the names of some of these thread are. Im all for everyone having their own opinion, but frankly this is slightly ludicris.

It's not FormerFan.com

It's HUSKERBOARD.com

Goddamn right it is!

:yeah Yes, yes it is huskerboard.com :thumbs

But what would you guys do without me??? :blink:

Formerfan is definetly looking for attention. No one else intentionally tries to piss off the board and troll topics like he does. I will admit, i am an idiot for falling for some of his baits, but then again, i tell myself it's just an opinion (and nothing more) of 1 person who is misguided.

Whats funny is that Im getting all this attention from a thread that I didnt even start. It was split from another thread. :rollin:rollin

Silliness, I tell you.

troll.gif

maybe it is time to classify FF as a troll....and just stop responding to him....how much fun can he have here if we just plain ignore him and refuse to argue with him anymore?.....i really think he tries to incite others and not carry on a constructive conversation or criticism.......many of us have criticized the play calling and coaching that has taken place this season, but "bashing" is taking it to an extreme........ dedhoarse

hunter

maybe it is time to classify FF as a troll....and just stop responding to him....how much fun can he have here if we just plain ignore him and refuse to argue with him anymore?.....i really think he tries to incite others and not carry on a constructive conversation or criticism.......many of us have criticized the play calling and coaching that has taken place this season, but "bashing" is taking it to an extreme........ dedhoarse

hunter

Funny, because even when I dont do something that would be considered bashing the coaches, I get jumped on (notice the Corey Young thread in recruiting).

Just like this thread. I posted it as a response to another, it died, but 2 days later it split and was given the subname of "Another rant." :wtf

Whatever. I guess that its okay for some to get upset when the team is not doing well, but not for others. That, my fellow Husker brother is called hypocrisy.

hunter

Funny, because even when I dont do something that would be considered bashing the coaches, I get jumped on (notice the Corey Young thread in recruiting).

Just like this thread. I posted it as a response to another, it died, but 2 days later it split and was given the subname of "Another rant." :wtf

Whatever. I guess that its okay for some to get upset when the team is not doing well, but not for others. That, my fellow Husker brother is called hypocrisy.

Getting upset is one. Hell i got pissed off when the team lost to Kansas, WE ALL DID. Calling Callahan an A-hole and Pud a scumbag, that's flat out bashing. You have never understood that and you never will.

Yea, there is a difference between being upset that your team is not doing well and bashing it at almost every turn. There is a difference between talking football and talking football politics. But yes, woe is you.