Danica will lead the field to the green flag next weekend.

That is strong using 2011. anyway.....

3 drivers won 42% of the races in 2012. There were less cautions than any over the last 5 years (which already alluded to). Cautions force strategy and also bunch the pack up. That's why races like Michigan are usually horrid. Michigan rarely has cautions.

Although unbelievably talented, Jimmy Johnson is a snore. Kurt Busch is among the most hated in all of sports. Tom Osborne is a better interview than Junebug.

NASCAR is praying big on Danica and kids like Darrell Wallace Jr. I believe they are also hoping that Travis Pastrana pans out.

One driver won 39% races himself in 1998. The number of cautions is a meaningless stat. It's all about when the caution is and last year had plenty of "well timed" cautions at the end of the race that bunched everyone up. I know, it cost my guy a couple of wins at least.

Junebug is a terrible interview but that's why people love him, he is just another dude out there. It's just too bad for the sport he can't win anymore. I agree on Danica, they are going to play her up as much as humanly possible which is why people hate her. Let her actually accomplish something first before giving her all the attention. I also guarantee she got the best engine from HMS for qualifying and her team did most work then anyone on the qualifying setup because they knew the publicity she could get for winning the pole. The other teams are much more worried about the race.

I can't believe we have actually have a NASCAR thread going! :lol:

1998..wow? We going to have a weekly Neckcar debate?

I'm game.

Next topic. Classic points vs chase points. Classic points all the way.

Dan Wetzel linked a video on youtube taken from in the stands where the tire landed, and nascar has since blocked. Protect that image above all else.

If it is espn/fox/nascar video, this is a fairly common practice. Fan video...then you would have a story.

It was cell phone captured video, its a story. There was a tire visible, looked to be on a guy's lap. Another fan took his shirt off from something, stopping blood probably, as the crowd around the video shooter was jumping up and down and trying to wave down people