Danica will lead the field to the green flag next weekend.

Let the inappropriate comments began because 'Danica is on the Pole'. I have followed nascar most of my life and I find this a little convenient as nascar popularity dwindles.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8956961/danica-patrick-first-woman-win-daytona-500-pole

In related news, Courtney and Brittany Force both running today in NHRA. Brittney already out, but Courtney is still rolling.

I have followed nascar most of my life and I find this a little convenient as nascar popularity dwindles.

lol @ nascar popularity "dwindling"

sadly, nascar is bigger than ever

Actually it's not... Ticket sales have been rather unimpressive for the last few years and I'm guessing viewership is similar. I'm one of those who is falling out with it. It's become too much like pro wrestling for my tastes. I'd rather watch F1, GT/touring cars or whatever the ALMS is called now. NASCAR may still be the most popular spectator sport in America but it's not what it once was.

It all falls with the economy. Many activities are seeing a down turn in ticket sales.

Question.....

I'm not a big NASCAR fan. I have been to a race and enjoyed myself and if I were home sick on the couch with nothing to do I might watch the Daytona 500 but nothing more.

So, my question is....why do people not like her or root against her? I ask this knowing that she obviously hasn't won in stock cars. But, neither has a lot of young/new drivers but neither have a lot of other drivers but they don't get the same response like she does.

Just wondering.

It's like the whole world revolves around her. During the qualifying show when she went to the top of the charts they interviewed her which is normal but, then they invited her into the booth and then it was just a talk show and they barly showed the other cars that were actually qualifying. If it were anybody else they wouldn't do that. I don't care for her attitude either she seems like a total b*tch and really dumb. But that's just me.

It all falls with the economy. Many activities are seeing a down turn in ticket sales.

Question.....

I'm not a big NASCAR fan. I have been to a race and enjoyed myself and if I were home sick on the couch with nothing to do I might watch the Daytona 500 but nothing more.

So, my question is....why do people not like her or root against her? I ask this knowing that she obviously hasn't won in stock cars. But, neither has a lot of young/new drivers but neither have a lot of other drivers but they don't get the same response like she does.

Just wondering.

She's a woman competing in a man-dominated sport. It'd be no different if an african-american competed in Nascar. Or like in the NFL with these "new age" qb's like Wilson, RGIII and Kaepernick-they are the talk of the league right now. That's all, and many seem to get up in arms about it that she is stealing attention from those that supposedly or really do deserve it.

I have followed nascar most of my life and I find this a little convenient as nascar popularity dwindles.

lol @ nascar popularity "dwindling"

sadly, nascar is bigger than ever

Actually it's not... Ticket sales have been rather unimpressive for the last few years and I'm guessing viewership is similar. I'm one of those who is falling out with it. It's become too much like pro wrestling for my tastes. I'd rather watch F1, GT/touring cars or whatever the ALMS is called now. NASCAR may still be the most popular spectator sport in America but it's not what it once was.

NASCAR needs to be very careful. F1 is now putting a watchable product on TV and it is catching in on in America. F1 has a chance of dethrowning NASCAR and putting a death punch to Indycar.

I love racing and NASCAR has become boring. F1, AMA Supercross and NHRA are the only racing I enjoy watching anymore. I'm hopeful that ASCS sprint cars catch on.