Alamo Bowl predictions

i am sure that there is a lot of people here that realize that if NU shows up ready to play NU wins. How many of your fans are pouting that UM is playing in the Alamo bowl instead of Iowa?

For your sake and the sake of your team I hope that the UM players dont feel that they got hosed over a 7-4 Iowa team. B/C if that is the case I think that it will be UM being shown the door.

Yes UM played well against some BCS teams this year but did not play well against some non-bcs teams.

I have said it before and I will say it again, this could very easily become a defensive fight and a game of field position. If NU's defense shuts down UM's running game and gets pressure on Henne often, it might be a long game for UM.

If NU cant move the ball on offense and has a hard time shuting down the running game then it will be a long game for NU.

NU will come out ready to play and 7 points decides this game. I will take the bet with the 14 points and even say NU wins outright.

And I think that Henne will think that the new colors at UM are Black and Blue after the starting 4 linemen (Carriker, Smith, Adams, and Moore) get ahold of him and that is not counting Turner and Muhamid or McKeon coming on the blitz.

Well I am off to the Doctor to get checked for colon cancer from all of the smoke that creighten and blue has been blowing up my a$$

is it just me or do those two sound alot like former and bernadette???

What do you want me to say? I don't think Nebraska is very good... There's a lot of very hopeful, very die-hard fans that want something to believe in-- but I think the team is still a year or two away from true respectability. If Michigan shows up to play, they win- end of story. It's like when Michigan plays Minnesota. Minnesota's not a very good team, but if Michigan doesn't show up to play, they won't win. (as apparent)

If Nebraska shows up to play they win if they dont they lose. Any team in america can say that.

Ticket sales are soaring for NU on this game. Huskers.com report that they have already sold their alloted 10k plus and are looking for more.

I would imagine, as mentioned earlier in another thread, that a lot of tickets being sold are for pro-NU fans.

Looks like the sea of red my also make it's presence in the Alamo Bowl also.

Dome stadium right? Ears ringing of the chant of GO BIG RED and HUSKER POWER is a SOB!

:power:power:power

:power:power:power:power:power

:power:power:power

It amazes me at the gall of some fans...... A few Michigan fans claim they "respect" NU, but yet they are a year or two away.... Okay, I can live with that statement, and furthermore, there is some truth to that statement...

BUT.......

paraphrase : "If UM shows up to play, UM wins...period... and if UM does play , NU may win......" Sounds like it is all up to UM , and has nothing to do with the way NU plays.... :wtf

Really sounds like you guys "respect" NU ??????

Whatever happened to , if NU wins, maybe they just outplayed, or out-coached UM.... or maybe NU might not be as bad as some of the UM fans think....

As far as I am concerned, some of these guys can take their pompass big 10 asses elswhere...... I respect the big 10.... I like the "power" football they play....but enough of the "we are better than you crap" :steam

What do you want me to say?  I don't think Nebraska is very good... There's a lot of very hopeful, very die-hard fans that want something to believe in-- but I think the team is still a year or two away from true respectability.  If Michigan shows up to play, they win- end of story.  It's like when Michigan plays Minnesota.  Minnesota's not a very good team, but if Michigan doesn't show up to play, they won't win. (as apparent)

If Nebraska shows up to play they win if they dont they lose. Any team in america can say that.

No.. see when I say that if Michigan shows up to play, they win. At that point it doesn't matter if Nebraska shows up to play because currently Michigan has more talent and the overall better program.

It amazes me at the gall of some fans...... A few Michigan fans claim they "respect" NU, but yet they are a year or two away.... Okay, I can live with that statement, and furthermore, there is some truth to that statement...

BUT.......

paraphrase : "If UM shows up to play, UM wins...period... and if UM does play , NU may win......" Sounds like it is all up to UM , and has nothing to do with the way NU plays.... :wtf

Whatever happened to , if NU wins, maybe they just outplayed, or out-coached UM.... or maybe NU might not be as bad as some of the UM fans think....

As far as I am concerned, some of these guys can take their pompass big 10 asses elswhere...... I respect the big 10.... I like the "power" football they play....but enough of the "we are better than you crap" :steam

Well sorry.. we are better than you. BIG TEN FOOTBALL... Leading the way before, during, and after the game :) hehe - Pompass Ass

BUT.......

paraphrase : "If UM shows up to play, UM wins...period... and if UM does play , NU may win......"  Sounds like it is all up to UM , and has nothing to do with the way NU plays.... :wtf

Well sorry.. we are better than you. BIG TEN FOOTBALL... Leading the way before, during, and after the game :) hehe - Pompass Ass

I can not and will not argue the fact that the Big 10 is a better football conference this year or probably the past few years..... It is obvious that the big 10 is better this yr.... Don't need a rocket scientist

If you look through history though, I would beg to differ...but it would be a waste of time to begin that arguement....... With that said, Nebraska would have done EXTREMELY well in the big 10 during the 70-80-90..... To disagree with that statement would be "closed minded"...... I didn't say "win" the big 10, I said would have done extremely well.....

And, if you would read beyond the front of your nose (which I would hope that anyone that has "Creighton" in their name could), you would see that in almost all of my posts on this board say that I think that Michigan is not a good match up for NU...... Michigan is very good, and NU will have to play very well to be in the game.... I am just pointing out the fact that people (like yourself) may "say" that you respect NU, but then absolutely will refuse to say that NU is capable of winning. In your mind, NU will not win, but rather, UM may lose.... Consequently, NU isn't even in your equation.

It is okay if you say the Big 10 will lead the way before, during, and after the game... because all of college football has been "following" Nebraska for almost 3 decades...."FACT"...... And we will be back, and that is why poeple are "piling on " now.

I've seen evey Michigan game this year (they are on ESPN or ABC every week) and every NU game that was telivied/p.p.v.

Nebraska holds the advantage when it comes to coaching. I know, BC? But he is much better than Lloyd Carr. If Lloyd gets a 10 point lead, he WILL go into a prevent and run the ball up the middle, or throw a 3 yard out when they need 7. If you haven't followed Michigan at all, which I'm sure is most of you, Lloyd is pathetic.

However, Michigan is truly a much better football team. That is not just because I'm a Michigan fan, and I think if you are at all objective, you would agree. This year, Nebraska's offense has looked incabpable, most of the time, of doing anything. Michigan on the other hand has gone into ultra conservative modes, killing themselves (see Wisconsin, Minnesota, OSU). When they decide to play, or, when Lloyd decides to let them play, their talent, size and speed is very good.

Like I said, I've seen both teams alot this year. I would feel more confident of a solid win if UM had a different coach, pretty much any other coach in the country, but alas they have Carr. He is your best chance of winning. That's a fact, because talent wise, NU does not compare.

However, Michigan is truly a much better football team. That is not just because I'm a Michigan fan, and I think if you are at all objective, you would agree. This year, Nebraska's offense has looked incabpable, most of the time,  of doing anything. Michigan on the other hand has gone into ultra conservative modes, killing themselves (see Wisconsin, Minnesota, OSU).  When they decide to play, or, when Lloyd decides to let them play, their talent, size and speed is very good. 

Like I said, I've seen both teams alot this year.  I would feel more confident of a solid win if UM had a different coach, pretty much any other coach in the country, but alas they have Carr. He is your best chance of winning. That's a fact, because talent wise, NU does not compare.

However, Michigan is truly a much better football team. That is not just because I'm a Michigan fan, and I think if you are at all objective, you would agree.

I would agree that NU and michigan are both 7-4. It is hard to be truly objective on anything other than that. The truth will come out when they play. Anything prior is pure speculation. They have not played so, you truly and objectively do not know. This means your statement is, in a sense, non-objective.

This year, Nebraska's offense has looked incabpable, most of the time,  of doing anything.

You obviously did not watch the entire season. They had a slow start, yes. They began to find rythmn throughout the remainder of the season. In fact, a few of there games, it was defensive breakdowns that were the problem (Mizzou, Tech).

That's a fact, because talent wise, NU does not compare.

Fact: NU will win because they have new jerseys. It is not a true statement even though I choose to call it a fact. I think you need to research the difference between "fact" and "In my opinion". In your opinion, NU does not compare; but in reality, you really won't know until they play.

so omaha blue are you saying that if NU beats UM it will be because of Lloyd Carr???? It could never be that the NU players wanted it worse, or NU played with more heart, or NU was the better team would it?

If Carr is such a bad coach then how in the hell did you even get to the Rose Bowl in 97 so UM could have something to bitch about all of these years.

Yes on paper UM looks better but that is why you play the game. NU has played well at home and by the way the way the ticket sales have gone there is going to be a lot of red in the stands.

So bring all of your excuses, put them in a hat and pull one out at a time until you find one that works.

If NU wins the game it will be because NU won period

I had to go and bet checked out for colon cancer last night because of the smoke creighton and blue>red was blowing up my ass but i was fine. now omaha youre starting, come on give me a break man. have you ever had that check done? it is not fun and i dont wat to go through it again.

I would appricate it :restore:restore:restore

so omaha blue are you saying that if NU beats UM it will be because of Lloyd Carr????  It could never be that the NU players wanted it worse, or NU played with more heart, or NU was the better team would it?

If Carr is such a bad coach then how in the hell did you even get to the Rose Bowl in 97 so UM could have something to bitch about all of these years.

Yes on paper UM looks better but that is why you play the game.  NU has played well at home and by the way the way the ticket sales have gone there is going to be a lot of red in the stands.

So bring all of your excuses, put them in a hat and pull one out at a time until you find one that works.

If NU wins the game it will be because NU won period

I had to go and bet checked out for colon cancer last night because of the smoke creighton and blue>red was blowing up my ass but i was fine.  now omaha youre starting, come on give me a break man.  have you ever had that check done?  it is not fun and i dont wat to go through it again.

I would appricate it  :restore  :restore  :restore

Okay, okay- if Nebraska wins and it's evident to us (Michigan fans) that Coach Carr didn't fudge it up for us with his playcalling, THEN we can give Nebraska some credit. How about that? haha :)

"Just don't go cryin' to your mommy when I spank you infront of all these people." - Peter LaFleur