S Mike Edwards

While Marrow has landed a few prospects, it's not like he was lighting the world on fire as a TE coach. Let's not go overboard on this one.

Agreed! Instead of re-hashing the past and the old Cotton/Marrow debate that isn't going to change the present - let's just get ready for Big Red Weekend!

I don't think there is any "dirty work" going on, probably a lot of promises are being thrown around that Nebraska wont guarantee. They are also using the SEC factor - while Kentucky may suck nuts, no one can flat out deny the conference doesn't hold prestige in College Football. Marrow is a great recruiter, hell as an GA he won us several battles last year (that I don't think out own staff could have done on their own). Now as a full assistant and more time to recruit - he is going to be tough to beat. WTF couldn't we fire Barney Cotton and keep Marrow?

Exactly.

Yet people were ticked when I said the same thing at the time of his departure.

I don't think there is any "dirty work" going on, probably a lot of promises are being thrown around that Nebraska wont guarantee. They are also using the SEC factor - while Kentucky may suck nuts, no one can flat out deny the conference doesn't hold prestige in College Football. Marrow is a great recruiter, hell as an GA he won us several battles last year (that I don't think out own staff could have done on their own). Now as a full assistant and more time to recruit - he is going to be tough to beat. WTF couldn't we fire Barney Cotton and keep Marrow?

Exactly.

Marrow was probably our fourth best recruiter and with the bridges he has burned he don't believe he will find a job after UK blows up again.

Lets not look passed the fact that Marrow was a Mooney guy as well; thus being very familiar with Mark Stoops. Bo gave him the reference, but it wasn't like Mark didn't know Vince. IIRC, and that might be wrong, but I believe Mark initiated the contact.

Exactly.

Marrow was probably our fourth best recruiter and with the bridges he has burned he don't believe he will find a job after UK blows up again.

Lets not look passed the fact that Marrow was a Mooney guy as well; thus being very familiar with Mark Stoops. Bo gave him the reference, but it wasn't like Mark didn't know Vince. IIRC, and that might be wrong, but I believe Mark initiated the contact.

I'd give him third behind Joseph and Pap, I think he's better than Beck which I know you and I differ on. But still he was a good coach and a great recruiter in a territory we are now getting beat by him in. What's not to be irritated by? Prospects shouldn't be choosing Kentucky over us from Ohio. Period.

Exactly.

I'd give him third behind Joseph and Pap, I think he's better than Beck which I know you and I differ on. But still he was a good coach and a great recruiter in a territory we are now getting beat by him in. What's not to be irritated by? Prospects shouldn't be choosing Kentucky over us from Ohio. Period.

Beck is our best IMO. Fisher has gotten after it as well.

In a world where recruiting is all about relationships and leverage, Marrow was going to have an upper hand in Ohio in 14. Not going forward from 14 however.

• Fire 2

@AA

Why's that? It's not like Ohio is close to us. It takes 8 hrs from Omaha just to get into Ohio let alone across it. Kentucky is alot closer to home for all these kids. People act like Marrow is taking all these kids out of our backyard, like its Iowa or something.

He stole all our evaluation material for the first wave of evaluations. Now lets see how good he can evaluate talent going forward. Based on that kid he offered on his own last year, his talent evaluation is below average. He knows alot if coaches and parents of these kids coming up, some of them he helped coach when they were on pop Warner and he has excellent contacts, but as EZ said he's burning bridges in the process.

• Fire 1

@AA

Why's that? It's not like Ohio is close to us. It takes 8 hrs from Omaha just to get into Ohio let alone across it. Kentucky is alot closer to home for all these kids. People act like Marrow is taking all these kids out of our backyard, like its Iowa or something.

He stole all our evaluation material for the first wave of evaluations. Now lets see how good he can evaluate talent going forward. Based on that kid he offered on his own last year, his talent evaluation is below average. He knows alot if coaches and parents of these kids coming up, some of them he helped coach when they were on pop Warner and he has excellent contacts, but as EZ said he's burning bridges in the process.

Great point about the kid he offered!!!! Hahahaha hahahaha. He offered him without the consent of the staff!! Totally forgot about that. That one was a head-scratcher.

@AA

Because conference borders tend to hold more water than distance to a degree when it comes to being able to watch your kid play. whether its games in Ohio or being on BTN. Like I said though, it's just my opinion and how I look at it.