NASCAR 2013

HSKR

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

NASCAR has some serious credibility issues to deal with today after Bowyer purposely spun to bring out a caution and take the win away from Newman and give the chase spot to Bowyer's teammate Truex Jr. It also inadvertently allowed Logano to get a lap back and enough positions to take a chase spot away that would have went to Gordon. Being a Gordon fan I wasn't too happy but I feel even more sorry for Newman who is leaving that team at the end of the season and had to win the race to get into the chase and he made the move to do just that. Would have been a great story but instead we now have spingate. I see no difference in this then point shaving in other sports.

It figures this came from the same organization that once tried to qualify with jet fuel in the car. Cheaters will be cheaters.

So Bowyer's points get deducted before the chase points are reset, so in reality he isn't punished at all points wise. Sounds like Gordon is ticked. Pretty sure Bowyer won't have a chance to win the championship if he is in position come Homestead, if Gordon has any say.

Good I haven't seen Jeff pissed in a long time. Maybe people will have a reason to hate him again haha! I always kind of liked Clint, but now I just don't know anymore.

Sorry if it looks like crap, I don't do twitter. I would say he's definitely not pleased with the ruling.

Jeff Gordon@JeffGordonWeb 2h

1. Phone bat going to die. Prob a good thing b4 I say something that gets me in trouble. Lastly, someone explain the "ripple effect" to me?

2f3ca14f06097ccda82d88ba95a9f11b_normal.jpegJeff Gordon@JeffGordonWeb 3h
    Take me out of this completely. At this point all that matters to me is if @NASCAR decides to fix this then fix it completely!.

Expand

@djshag74: @JeffGordonWeb so wait Clint's point penalty isn't effecting his Chase starting point?” Exactly!

Expand

Feel bad for Truex. He got in under controversy now out due to it. But the guy who started all of this not effected at all??? Don't agree!

Expand

More fun:

Penske Racing may have cut a deal with Front Row Motorsports in the closing laps at Richmond for track position to help get Joey Logano in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.

In radio communications reviewed Wednesday by The Associated Press for Front Row driverDavid Gilliland, his spotter informs the team of a request to let Logano pass him in the final laps of Saturday night's race.

Logano was trying to claim a spot in the 12-driver Chase field. Both Penske and Front Row are Ford teams and thus considered partners.

ESPN Article