RPI

Lets just win the tourney and get in? Sound like a plan?

Let's just win every game for the rest of the season and make the rest of the baseball world fear us.

</fantasy>

I think the quote is spot on. In last decade, several B1G schools have received at large bids when and only when they achieved 39 wins by the end of the conference tournament. No B1G team finished with 38 wins and needed an at-large bid.

Snubs seem particularly unjust in the B1G. In the worst case, Michigan finished tied for 4th in the conference standings, went 1-2 in the conference tournament, but received an at-large for a 41 win season. Ohio State (also tied for 4th) received the automatic bid that year, while the top 3 teams in the conference standings got the snubs.

If Nebraska finished with 35-38 wins, I think the strong out-of-conference schedule could have pushed them into the tournament. At this point however, that means Nebraska should sweep their remaining schedule and picking up at least 1 win in the conference tournament. I like to remain optimistic, but I can't bring myself to accept that kind of delusion.

B10 is #6 in conference RPI.

That's great improvement then--IIRC, the B1G was tied for 10th or 11th for Conference RPI last year. That should net the B1G at least two bids, if not three, depending on how other conferences shake out.

Right now warren nolan shows Nebraska at 39.

With exceptions of Minnesota (86) and Michigan (124) the remaining schedule is against all top 75 teams. This team is still going to lose games, but if they win series' and get 2 or 3 next weekend in Omaha, they could finish with a very respectable RPI

That's why I was asking before about Nebraska getting a post-season bid if we don't win the conference tourney but, say, are at the top of the B1G when the season ends. This would happen if we close out the rest of the season by winning 12 of 15 (dropping one to Indiana, one to Minnesota, and one extra because s**t happens)--that would put us at 31-24 going into the tourney and with a strong RPI and series wins against two Top 15 programs in Indiana and Arkansas to bolster our case.

Also, it appears I may not be the only one with this same line of thought:

BEST MIDWEEK WIN.

- Nebraska swept a DH from No. 10 Arkansas, 3-0 and 4-2.

Get this: Game one was a combined no-hitter from Kyle Kubat, Tyler Niederklein and Dylan Vogt. Game two was a 1-1 tie in the 8th inning when seldom-used pinch hitter Blake Headley came on to crank out solo home run, which was followed by a bases-loaded error from UofA shortstop Brett McAfee, which is sort of a season-long reoccurrence by the Hog defense.

I made some hay about this on Twitter (What, you don’t follow me on Twitter? Gah!), how it was weird to see Nebraska not only beat the Top 10 Hogs twice, but to dominate them in that manner. Kyle Kubat, who hadn’t pitched all season, got the start in the no-hitter and went 5.0 innings, giving up only a walk. And it’s not like NU was going up against a bunch of Hogs scrubs, as the two games were both played against the same batters I saw Arkansas use this past weekend vs. LSU.

The other up-side for the Big Red here is that it helped jump their RPI ranking up to 43 (Arkansas is now at No. 65). After a murderous early season schedule, the Cornhuskers are now 16-19 and starting to look like one of those teams who just need to get over .500 to get into the Big Dance. Granted, that may be tougher to do coming from the Big 10, but with these two wins here, it sure makes things interesting for Husker fans down the stretch.

Interesting indeed.

@ matthew-m-g

I think it is entirely too early to predict an at large bid. The midweek game vs KSU and the non-conference games this weekend are huge. We have to beat KSU at home and win 3 of 4 this weekend before at large talk can be considered. If the sker's lay an egg (ie.. the Ohio State series) then we can close the books on any chance of getting an at large. In honesty, even winning 4 of 5 this week/weekend one has to wonder how impressive it really is? KSU is very sound but is also slipping, Okie lite is better but at best an at large, Creighton has more to win then we do and well... Rutgers is nowhere near the post season. The bright side is, we win the KSU and OSU games (both against top 30 teams) and well... we help the B1G's out of conference and help push the rpi.