S C.J. Reavis [Virginia Tech Commit]

Player: C.J. Reavis

Hometown: Chester, VA

School: Thomas Dale

Position: S

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 200

40 time: 4.5

Offers: Boston College, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, UConn, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Wisconsin

QTffJHu.gif

Twitter

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN:

Hudl

• Fire 1

CJ got a "personalized" letter from the NC State coaching staff. However, these personalized recruiting letters are not personalized!

http://sports.yahoo....-153948791.html

916394ce8cf511e2b30a22000aa80109_7.jpg

Yeaa.. that's a pretty bad fake..

It isn't fake. The recruiting head for NCS really did send it. IMO he was trying too hard to be unique and hip. Problem is that he apparently sent out many copies of that same exact letter to recruits, a couple of which posted a pic on twitter. Those recruits must be a bit pissed thinking they got a one of a kind letter only to find it wasn't.

CJ got a "personalized" letter from the NC State coaching staff. However, these personalized recruiting letters are not personalized!

It isn't fake. The recruiting head for NCS really did send it. IMO he was trying too hard to be unique and hip. Problem is that he apparently sent out many copies of that same exact letter to recruits, a couple of which posted a pic on twitter. Those recruits must be a bit pissed thinking they got a one of a kind letter only to find it wasn't.

Look at the left border how the c and I in impact are cut off almost like it was copied on a copier. I think they just write un the name at the top and then photocopy the letter.

• Fire 1

You can tell it's an obvious photo copy. That C on the line. Can't remember the last time I didn't draw a whole letter because the margins were too tight on the sheet.

You can tell it's an obvious photo copy. That C on the line. Can't remember the last time I didn't draw a whole letter because the margins were too tight on the sheet.

Yep....the same with the I that was cut off. These types of letters work if they are actually personally written. Vague personal letters do not work that much. You need to mention specific details that you see on the film and how they would make your team better and how the prospect would fit into the program. Those are the personal letters that get a prospects attention. The type of letter that is in the image above is lazy, mass recruiting efforts.

Yep....the same with the I that was cut off. These types of letters work if they are actually personally written. Vague personal letters do not work that much. You need to mention specific details that you see on the film and how they would make your team better and how the prospect would fit into the program. Those are the personal letters that get a prospects attention. The type of letter that is in the image above is lazy, mass recruiting efforts.

We aren't disagreeing then. I took "fake"to mean you it wasn't sent by the NCS staff. This has to be one of the more embarrassing recruiting stories in a long time. Wonder if the Recruiting Coordinator will get canned?