And we complain about Bo!!!

I had a friend that went to one of Danny Nee's basketball camps back in the day and he said back then that Nee would whip the ball and bounce it off kids heads if they weren't paying attention.

I remember the same thing but with Nee it was more of a bounce to get the kids attention. Not trying to give them a Wilson tattoo

Now which was it? A whip or a friendly bounce off of kids heads? Either way, its completely unacceptable.

Definitely a bounce. Kind of like when a football coach grabs your facemask or shoulder pads. Not unacceptable. Either way it no longer matters because Nee is no longer the coach

I had a friend that went to one of Danny Nee's basketball camps back in the day and he said back then that Nee would whip the ball and bounce it off kids heads if they weren't paying attention.

I remember the same thing but with Nee it was more of a bounce to get the kids attention. Not trying to give them a Wilson tattoo

Now which was it? A whip or a friendly bounce off of kids heads? Either way, its completely unacceptable.

Definitely a bounce. Kind of like when a football coach grabs your facemask or shoulder pads. Not unacceptable. Either way it no longer matters because Nee is no longer the coach

I'll defer to you since my friend was there not me.

So let me get this right, he still bounced balls off of kids heads? I am sorry, kind of confused.

I am not going to try to explain it any further than this. Nee in no way was even close to doing what this Rice idiot did.

Guys like this give guys like Bo with a firey disposition a bad name..

And I believe that Dirk was trying to make sure everyone would see it that way last night on twitter. What a total tool, but then I guess he did follow up and said that he meant thst they might have played against each other. If Bo was anything like this guy he wouldn't be here right now.

I had a coach who would grab your face mask after a less than spectacular play. Sometimes even held you out the next play like that too on the sidelines. I didn't have a problem with it, nor did my Dad. Coach was an ex Marine Corps drill instructor. Every kid respected him and we also were undefeated. He got the most out of you wihout abusing you. I'm not defending Rice though...he just sounds unproductively angry and abusive. On the flip side, I'm sure you could could make a 2 minute snippet of any coach throughout all of a seaons practices and make them look like a monster.

I had a coach who would grab your face mask after a less than spectacular play. Sometimes even held you out the next play like that too on the sidelines. I didn't have a problem with it, nor did my Dad. Coach was an ex Marine Corps drill instructor. Every kid respected him and we also were undefeated. He got the most out of you wihout abusing you. I'm not defending Rice though...he just sounds unproductively angry and abusive. On the flip side, I'm sure you could could make a 2 minute snippet of any coach throughout all of a seaons practices and make them look like a monster.

I have no problem with discipline. The grabbing of a facemask is minor. Discipline is needed in football.

That is why I have never had an issue with the way Bo coaches. The Taylor poking was VERY minor, and IMO was warranted. Team rules were broken, Taylor needed to know he was wrong. Taken to far? Depends on who you are I guess. I would rather have my kid coached by a guy like Bo, than a soft puppet like Ferentz. If Bo would have done this in the 90's, it would have never been looked at twice.

So let me get this right, he still bounced balls off of kids heads? I am sorry, kind of confused.

I am not going to try to explain it any further than this. Nee in no way was even close to doing what this Rice idiot did.

Cool, defend him, but don't explain if he was bouncing balls off of kids heads. Whether he was bouncing or whipping, basketballs should NEVER be intentionally bounced off of anyone's head by a coach of any sort.

was the only one worried about bo's finger in the 'taylor poking incident'? i mean bo was poking him right in the chest pads. if anyone was going to get hurt or injured by it, it was bo. i bet he felt that on in the morning.

Besides that, it was one poke, not repeated lol. He actually missed the pads, and could have actually gotten Taylor right in the chest. Either way, in today's society, its abuse. That is why kids are the way they are. Had that have happened in the 90's, we wouldn't even have remember that.