Rutgers takes cue from Nebraska...

Comish

Anyone who comes in here claiming they're doing it for PR, copying us, not giving credit where it's due, or any other derivative of that nature can shut their mouths because they're dead wrong and more focused on school pride than helping a cause.

Rutgers has apparently been raising quite a bit of money for Sandy relief since the fall. This is a great move by them, I tip my hat to Rutgers for allowing this to happen.

• Fire 1

+1 landlord. could not agree more. class act. also, it is pretty different from what we did. if they did take a cue from us, we should be proud. otherwise we should not care about us and be happy that those kids get this opportunity and an important cause, that many of us have probably forgotten, is getting some well deserved attention.

+1 landlord. could not agree more. class act. also, it is pretty different from what we did. if they did take a cue from us, we should be proud. otherwise we should not care about us and be happy that those kids get this opportunity and an important cause, that many of us have probably forgotten, is getting some well deserved attention.

I don't know if you are directing this to me, but I clearly stated that it is ALWAYS good when anyone does this. The wording of "Taking their cue" is not a shot at them, but recognizing that a lot of good can come from all sorts of efforts like this!

I don't know if you are directing this to me, but I clearly stated that it is ALWAYS good when anyone does this. The wording of "Taking their cue" is not a shot at them, but recognizing that a lot of good can come from all sorts of efforts like this!

it was not directed at you and i found nothing objectionable to what you wrote. i would imagine that what NU did gave them this idea. but maybe not. after thinking about it, being second to do something like this is unfortunate. could you imagine if the rutgers' game was first and they did this, then we did it a few weeks later? i think you just have to view it as an awesome gesture, regardless of the motivation. that is how i viewed your post, at least.

Although I do agree that this is an awesome thing that they are doing, there is one thing I have been thinking about. If it wasn't for Jack's run, would they still have thought about doing this? Maybe, maybe not. But it did come up in my mind.

Nothing wrong with thinking about it, but the answer doesn't matter.

No they wouldn't have still been doing this if it weren't for Jack's run.

Yes they would have still done this if it weren't for Jack's run.

Either way, doesn't make a difference.

Anyone who comes in here claiming they're doing it for PR, copying us, not giving credit where it's due, or any other derivative of that nature can shut their mouths because they're dead wrong and more focused on school pride than helping a cause.

Rutgers has apparently been raising quite a bit of money for Sandy relief since the fall. This is a great move by them, I tip my hat to Rutgers for allowing this to happen.

They are doing it for some good PR. I don't think it is a coincidence that they announced this 4 days after our Spring Game. They have raised $14,000.

That being said, I commend them. Good for them. It is helping a great cause.

I think you can say all of those things.

I am proud. I am glad they are doing it. I am not in envy over it. I think that this is an awesome display of humanity regardless how many people were to do such a thing. I do not think they are doing for PR, regardless of the situation of the RU athletic department. But I am being honest in saying this is a piggy-back, copy-cat type of situation. There's nothing wrong with the honesty of that. That's not having a negative view towards it, is it?

Yes, this is what spring games are for. Nice job Rutgers.

i was thinking, there are no new ideas. but then i could not recall a child or children being incorporated into a spring game. surely, nu could not have been the first?

I'm sure its not the first thing something like this has happened, but at least in recent memory. That is what makes the Rutgers timing obvious coincidental.