Boston Marathon Explosions

crazy how inept major news media is. it is on 24 hours a day, and when they are finally needed they are asleep at the wheel.

however, it is impressive how effective and quick twitter is.

Reddit was crazy they've had that thread going for a couple hours now. Started with somebody hearing something about bombing suspects address on the scanner. Which to me makes no sense.

Reddit, twitter, and various forums (such as Huskerboard) have been following this situation since it started. CNN just picked it up 10 minutes ago and they still don't know what's going on. They just switch their feed to the Boston affiliate.

We may have just witnessed the death of Cable TV News.

Police are shutting down cell phone service in the area for fear of unexploded devices. CNN is now reporting it.

I don't see it on Cnn???

It's live on my feed... Don't know what to tell you. Cops won't or wouldn't I should say go near him for fear of IEDs.

I cannot express how bad CNN has been this week. And I love CNN, they've been the best TV news media source for basically the entirety of my lifetime. It's been horrific. Even other bad cable media sources like Fox and MSNBC have destroyed CNN this week. Finally they just throw it up to a local Boston affiliate because they know that they can't possibly do better. Just go away, CNN.

I cannot express how bad CNN has been this week. And I love CNN, they've been the best TV news media source for basically the entirety of my lifetime. It's been horrific. Even other bad cable media sources like Fox and MSNBC have destroyed CNN this week. Finally they just throw it up to a local Boston affiliate because they know that they can't possibly do better. Just go away, CNN.

Yeah they've been more than abismal. But actually I think Jake Tapper (spelling) has been the most credible person at CNN and ironically one of the newest additons. Fox has been pretty stand out actually, except for the old guard of Hannity and the like.

This might not even be related to the Marathon bombings.

That's what it looks like to me, but I'm real confused right now trying to follow Cnn while listening to the scanner

Scanners are pretty hard to listen to there's quite a bit going on atm.