Boston Marathon Explosions

Yeah, from what I'm hearing, it makes me think these people were trying to plant bombs on MIT when the officer (the one killed) interrupted them responding to a call. They then tried to get a way, carjacked a Mercedes at a gas station, etc. It would explain a lot of what we're hearing. They are thinking the guy still out there has an assault rifle and possibly explosives still.

Yeah, from what I'm hearing, it makes me think these people were trying to plant bombs on MIT when the officer (the one killed) interrupted them responding to a call. They then tried to get a way, carjacked a Mercedes at a gas station, etc. It would explain a lot of what we're hearing. They are thinking the guy still out there has an assault rifle and possibly explosives still.

makes sense...

Sounds feasible. Boston Globes headline now: https://twitter.com/AKitz

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it is an eye witness account of the shootout:

Andrew Kitzenburg, 29, said he looked out of his third floor window to see two young men of slight build in jackets shooting at dozens of police officers from behind a black Mercedes SUV. The officers and the men were 70 yards apart, he said, and engaged in “constant gunfire.”

A police SUV “drove toward the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway.

The two shooters, he said, had a large and unwieldy bomb. “They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it. But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one of the two men ran towards the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.

The explosions, said Loretta Kehayias, 65, another resident, “lit up the whole house. I screamed. I’ve never seen anything like this, never, never, never.

http://www.nytimes.c...ndoff.html?_r=0