Martinez to resume training with Calhoun

QMany

Great for Taylor. Here is hoping he takes the next step. With continued work, who knows where this might end up. I know it's kind of a long shot to expect him to do much in the NFL, but he is showing that he wants to get better and the results on the field are very evident. Wouldn't it be a great story if he ended up being a productive starter in the NFL? Tallk about rags to riches in terms of QB skill level. You take a guy who hardly played the position and was counted on almost exclusively for his athletic ability and mold him into a guy that can kill you with his arm on a consistent basis.

EATING CROW and a big helping of it as well. I wasn't a Taylor fan as far as him being a QB, which I've stated on these boards, I viewed him as a great athlete out of position (like Baker). I realize my talent evaluation skills were biased due to bone headed plays. I sold him and the coaching staff short, It's obvious his athletic ability allows him to play the position. Learning curve not considered.Not only that but, he was and is the best option at QB. The most important factor is he wants to be a great QB and his work ethic in becoming one is outstanding. If he improves just 50% of what he did last yr, he will go from being scary dangeous (great wheels, so-so arm, ok decision making skills) to scary dangerously scary (great wheels, good arm, good decision making skills, he gets this last upgrade for being in the same system 3 yrs). He as IMHO the greatest talent depth at wr since I've been a fan (1959) and his running backs could be deeper and as good as some of the best I've witnessed.The opportunity in 13 is there for the O. If the D can come together with the infusion of talent and speed and little experience, this could be a memorable season. So, I'll sit here eating my crow with a glass of kool-aid and look forward to an exciting season GBR

• Fire 4

Taylor himself is planning on and expecting to be in the NFL next season.

The work he has put into becoming a better QB is not only admirable but also noteworthy, and the improvement he made from '11 to '12 is awesome. He still isn't going to be an NFL QB - he's just not. He could very well make the NFL and transition to WR or defensive back, though.

NFL aside, and speaking purely from a collegiate standpoint, he'll go down as a great Husker QB, and he should. Over these last couple of years, Martinez has been one of the best players on our team. He makes mistakes like everybody else, but our problems these last few seasons have been an inconsistent offensive line (more-so of a problem in '11) and a bad defense ('12).