***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Based on Lebron's performance in clutch situations since he has been at Miami, I would actually want the ball in his hands if I'm an opposing team. You just can't let him get to the basket, because that takes all of the clutchness out of the shot. Make LBJ take a mid-range jumper, and he will miss it probably 80+% of the time in the clutch.

If you're going to throw out numbers, at least show your work ;)

And according to this article, he's been just as good or better in the postseason than all the other "clutch" guys

Based on Lebron's performance in clutch situations since he has been at Miami, I would actually want the ball in his hands if I'm an opposing team. You just can't let him get to the basket, because that takes all of the clutchness out of the shot. Make LBJ take a mid-range jumper, and he will miss it probably 80+% of the time in the clutch.

And according to this article, he's been just as good or better in the postseason than all the other "clutch" guys

I actually looked up all of his buzzer beaters about a week ago. He did well in clutch situations while he was in Cleveland, but since he moved to Miami, IIRC he has only hit 2 game-winning or game-tying shots.

I actually looked up all of his buzzer beaters about a week ago. He did well in clutch situations while he was in Cleveland, but since he moved to Miami, IIRC he has only hit 2 game-winning or game-tying shots.

Does that low number have anything to do with them being ahead of teams and not needing a last second shot?

Does that low number have anything to do with them being ahead of teams and not needing a last second shot?

Probably. But more so the fact that Lebron is a pass-first guy, and he'd rather let somebody else take the shot at the last second than take it himself. I kind of get a sense that he's changing that mindset a little bit, which he should. There's no reason that the best player in the world isn't taking the last shot of the game every single time they're in that situation.

Probably. But more so the fact that Lebron is a pass-first guy, and he'd rather let somebody else take the shot at the last second than take it himself. I kind of get a sense that he's changing that mindset a little bit, which he should. There's no reason that the best player in the world isn't taking the last shot of the game every single time they're in that situation.

I see what you're saying and I think he is putting more of that on his own shoulders, but he usually draws so much attention from the defense that it makes more sense to pass to an open Mike Miller/Shane Battier/Ray Allen/Dwayne Wade for a better shot than trying to be the hero every time.

I see what you're saying and I think he is putting more of that on his own shoulders, but he usually draws so much attention from the defense that it makes more sense to pass to an open Mike Miller/Shane Battier/Ray Allen/Dwayne Wade for a better shot than trying to be the hero every time.

If he cares about his legacy, or ever wants to be in the same league as MJ, he is going to have to be the guy to take the shots at the end. I'm sure MJ didn't pass the ball off to his teammates very often for the last shot. The last seconds of big games are where legends are made.

If he cares about his legacy, or ever wants to be in the same league as MJ, he is going to have to be the guy to take the shots at the end. I'm sure MJ didn't pass the ball off to his teammates very often for the last shot. The last seconds of big games are where legends are made.

I'm not so sure he really cares though. I think he just wants to win, even if he's not taking the game-winner.

I seem to remember plenty of other guys taking the big shot during Jordan's career: Kerr, Kucoc, etc. But MJ had the media and officials to help boost his legacy ;):P

I'm not so sure he really cares though. I think he just wants to win, even if he's not taking the game-winner.

I seem to remember plenty of other guys taking the big shot during Jordan's career: Kerr, Kucoc, etc. But MJ had the media and officials to help boost his legacy ;):P

You're right, Lebron doesn't have that at all. ;):P

Id love Shane Battier to take every game winning shot if I could :)

Id love Shane Battier to take every game winning shot if I could :)

If he's had his Bud Light, he's deadly lol