***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

You never know, GS can put up points in a hurry.

SA is too good on defense. They almost never give up an open look.

Yep, they definitely got the Warriors figured out. I was thinking after game 2 that GS was going to roll through the Spurs, but they made the adjustments and shut them down. Fun series to watch.

This series to me was by far the best one so far to watch. You could see the Warriors were figuring things out as the series progressed and man do they have a foundation put in place for the future. That team will be damn good in a few years if they can find a bench scorer and a decent center. The Spurs just had that experience factor and in the end thats a huge factor in playoff hoops.

Still playing? :rolleyes: . Myself, somewhat boring (HS and college too).

I prefer new rules:

1. players replacement on the fly....... just like ice hockey rule

2. eliminate free throws. Just added 2 or 3 points if penalty occurs.

3. reduce timeouts from 5 (I think) to 3 per half.

4. increase rim height from 10 feet to 12 (perhaps).

Also, I hate buzzers! ...........Way to many, probably 100 buzzers per game.

I prefer new rules:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Why?

I prefer new rules:

1 - All kinds of problems with this.

2 - No thanks.

3 - They currently get six per game

4 - The most exciting plays are dunks and threes. Why take away the most exciting play?

The Knicks have to find a way to get rid of Carmelo and JR Smith...

As long as their on that team, the Knicks will never win a championship, let alone get close to the eastern conference finals...

I'd get rid of Amare before Carmelo...

they're both equally worthless...

I'd keep Chandler before both of them, at least he plays D

I can't believe they are just now getting to the conference finals! This thread was starting a month ago. It's taking a month just for the conference finals to begin?!?!? That is crazy. So after the finals are played the playoffs will take around 2 months to complete? That's just absurd. There is no reason for any playoffs to take more than a month. Is it always like this for the NBA? I don't watch the NBA so I have no clue.

I can't believe they are just now getting to the conference finals! This thread was starting a month ago. It's taking a month just for the conference finals to begin?!?!? That is crazy. So after the finals are played the playoffs will take around 2 months to complete? That's just absurd. There is no reason for any playoffs to take more than a month. Is it always like this for the NBA? I don't watch the NBA so I have no clue.

Well every series is best-of-7 and they play a game every other night, so if every series ends in a sweep, it would take a minimum of 32 days to complete.

Well every series is best-of-7 and they play a game every other night, so if every series ends in a sweep, it would take a minimum of 32 days to complete.

That's just crazy. I was looking at the schedule and game 1 of the western conference finals was last night and game 2 is Tuesday. But game 1 for the eastern conference doesn't start until Wednesday. That scheduling is horrible and whomever is in charge should be fired. Just doesn't make any sense.

That's just crazy. I was looking at the schedule and game 1 of the western conference finals was last night and game 2 is Tuesday. But game 1 for the eastern conference doesn't start until Wednesday. That scheduling is horrible and whomever is in charge should be fired. Just doesn't make any sense.

Each series takes approx. two weeks to complete if it goes to seven games. So yes, with four rounds, it can take up to two months. NHL lasts just as long as the NBA.

I also thought this was odd. The only thing I can come up with is they may be expecting the Western Conference Finals to ... take longer to complete.