DJ in Practice

:corndance

“At first I started dancing, and then I was shocked," running back Storm Woods told USA Today. “It made practice more fun, more intense. Guys were flying around. It was a different atmosphere. A better one.”

Oregon State isn't the only football program to employ a DJ. Both Texas A&M and Louisiana-Lafayette have recently added DJs to their practices. In fact, Louisiana-Lafayette student Chris Hilliard (aka DJ Chris) doesn't just spin at practice. Hilliard travels with the team and plays in the locker room before and after games.

"I'm a young guy and I wanted to play music at practice," Louisiana-Lafayette coach Mark Hudspeth, who is 44, told USA Today. "I would never work out without music."

http://www.thepostga...ll-djs-practice

Wouldn't mind if the huskers brought their own DJ to practice this fall. Good idea

Lolz. So stupid. I can't wait until these gimmicks are gone.

How's it a gimmick? IT doesn't affect you at all and it's basically coaches running practice according to how they and their players like.

They posted it online to gain attention to their program, how is it not a gimmick? Do you really think this is something they will keep doing?

How's it a gimmick? IT doesn't affect you at all and it's basically coaches running practice according to how they and their players like.

They posted it online to gain attention to their program, how is it not a gimmick? Do you really think this is something they will keep doing?

Yeah I bet they do keep doing it actually.

Long term though?

Long term though?

....yes

A DJ can bring more than just a song to practice. A DJ can up the tempo of a song, or slow it down, get the players in the right mindset, and also control the volume. Something a CD player can't do.

I think this is a great thing, and I could see this rubbing off onto other Universities. I think if your guys are out there, busting their asses, learning and having fun doing it, it will instill a lot more of what they learned, into their brains.