2013 Pre-Season Previews

Spring is over, so we begin the countdown to the season with the pre-season previews from the CFB outlets.

First up, Collegefootballnews.com (Scout).

Nebraska is in a strange spot in the college football landscape going into the 2013 season, stuck between reasonably high expectations while also needing a ton of work. Considering the way the 2012 season went, you can forgive Husker fans if they’re a bit confused about what they should be hoping for.

Team Preview

2013 Offense

2013 Defense

Athlon Sports

Five seasons into his tenure, Pelini has gotten the program back on track, winning at least nine games in each of those seasons and playing for a conference title three times. But the Huskers have yet to win a championship, and they’ve lost their last three bowls...

Link

• Fire 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else find it odd that Vincent Valentine's name wasn't brought up once in the Defensive article? Am I missing something... like him being out because of an injury? Last I heard, Bo expected him to be 100% and ready come Fall. Same with Brodrick Nickens... he get moved back to the offensive side of the ball? Odd that the two biggest guys on the DL aren't even mentioned.

Anyone else find it odd that Vincent Valentine's name wasn't brought up once in the Defensive article? Am I missing something... like him being out because of an injury? Last I heard, Bo expected him to be 100% and ready come Fall. Same with Brodrick Nickens... he get moved back to the offensive side of the ball? Odd that the two biggest guys on the DL aren't even mentioned.

Their names mean something here, but outside of Nebraska they don't.

This. Had he played last year and made some noise, it would be a name they'd mention.

Pretty reliable eyes I know says Valentine is an absolute manchild. Inblockable when he flips the mean switch. If he gets into the necessary shape, he'll be a top cog in the trenches.

This. Had he played last year and made some noise, it would be a name they'd mention.

Pretty reliable eyes I know says Valentine is an absolute manchild. Inblockable when he flips the mean switch. If he gets into the necessary shape, he'll be a top cog in the trenches.

Same exact thing I have heard, and from the sounds of it, he is working his ass off to get back into shape. Can't really blame him for being out of shape, when your limited in practice and the weight room.

Just odd that you seen Curry's name. He did play last year, one game IIRC, but was never an impact. I do think he will be a great player here though. Just unfortunate he got injured last year as well.