Miles closing recruits

For what it is worth, NU has NOT had a 4 or 5 star recruit sign and come to campus since before Collier. Miles hasn't changed that, at least not yet.

Likewise, NU's BB program hasn't produced an NBA player since the days of Danny Nee.

To win NCAA tournament games, you need NBA bound talent.

No, but Webster likely would have been an easy 4 star if he played in the states. I can't say whether or not he is NBA bound talent, but NBA level talent isn't necessary to start winning tournament games and get the ball rolling on bigger recruits.. I don't think Colorado State had any NBA talent, and I'm sure there are many better examples.

Duke wins every year without NBA talent......... Oooooohhhhhh!!!!

:P

No.. they have NBA talent... Not all have been super stars, but they have guys talented enough to play in the NBA, maybe not as STARS, but they play.

Well I wasn't exactly being completely serious. It was a little tongue in cheek cause of my Duke hatred! I know what you're saying but in all honesty. The arrogance of Duke fan would make you think that there are 5 Duke grads on every NBA team!

For what it is worth, NU has NOT had a 4 or 5 star recruit sign and come to campus since before Collier. Miles hasn't changed that, at least not yet.

Likewise, NU's BB program hasn't produced an NBA player since the days of Danny Nee.

To win NCAA tournament games, you need NBA bound talent.

No, but Webster likely would have been an easy 4 star if he played in the states. I can't say whether or not he is NBA bound talent, but NBA level talent isn't necessary to start winning tournament games and get the ball rolling on bigger recruits.. I don't think Colorado State had any NBA talent, and I'm sure there are many better examples.

Duke wins every year without NBA talent......... Oooooohhhhhh!!!!

:P

No.. they have NBA talent... Not all have been super stars, but they have guys talented enough to play in the NBA, maybe not as STARS, but they play.

Well I wasn't exactly being completely serious. It was a little tongue in cheek cause of my Duke hatred! I know what you're saying but in all honesty. The arrogance of Duke fan would make you think that there are 5 Duke grads on every NBA team!

Duke Fans are like yankee fans... not real fans at all... just the "it" hat to buy...

• 4 months later...

Miles has to convince some of these guys that they made the wrong choice.....by getting into the Dance and winning a few games. A winning program will speak for itself....until then we're just another of about 100 programs making promises based on nothing. It is NOT the facilities anymore....go ahead and scratch that off the excuse list.

• 2 weeks later...

What about this center from Oklahoma. Did Oklahoma not want him anymore after he committed , or did he really not want to play there? I havent seen any film of him, but he just doesn't look like a big time athlete. Not because he is white either, just looks like an average joe from his pic. Anyone seen any film on him?

I saw some video of him shortly after he committed. Not sure of the quality of competition but he looked pretty good. He is probably a 4 at this level unless he bulks up. He kinda reminds me Ubel on last years team. A kid who hustles, gets the most out of what he has, doesn't turn the ball over and has a decent shot from 18' in. Give him a year to get stronger and used to the competition.

What about this center from Oklahoma. Did Oklahoma not want him anymore after he committed , or did he really not want to play there? I havent seen any film of him, but he just doesn't look like a big time athlete. Not because he is white either, just looks like an average joe from his pic. Anyone seen any film on him?

He's fairly skilled and much more fluid compared to ubel. He's the highest rated nebrasketball recruit since rivals came to existence. He is actually (barely) on the rivals top 150 list. Huge get, actually.

He's fairly skilled and much more fluid compared to ubel. He's the highest rated nebrasketball recruit since rivals came to existence. He is actually (barely) on the rivals top 150 list. Huge get, actually.

Well, that might have something to do with why we've been so bad.