U.S. Justice Dept Obtains Wide AP Phone Records in Probe

Nah. This is the worst ever. Worse than Watergate.

Worse than Benghazi, though?

OK. Second worst. It goes 1. Benghazi, 2. This, 3. Solyndra, 4. Fast & Furious. I don't think that anything else should even be on the list.

The fact that Obama is not even American has to be up there. Trump's investigators are close to the truth, I'm just sure of it.

obama is a real life Lt Cmdr Tom Farrell.

OK. Second worst. It goes 1. Benghazi, 2. This, 3. Solyndra, 4. Fast & Furious. I don't think that anything else should even be on the list.

The fact that Obama is not even American has to be up there. Trump's investigators are close to the truth, I'm just sure of it.

OK . . . I was joking . . . but apparently around 41% of Republicans do believe that Benghazi is the worst political scandal in American history. Sometimes I am simply stunned by the level of ignorance out there. (And no, I don't mean to imply that ignorance is unique to any single party. 10% of Democrats and 20% of Independents agreed.)

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/13/Poll-Americans-angry-about-Benghazi-cant-find-it-on-a-map/7321368469022/

The follow up answers from those 41% are awesome.

The Obama administration sought on Wednesday to revive legislation that would provide greater protections to reporters from penalties for refusing to identify confidential sources, and that would enable journalists to ask a federal judge to quash subpoenas for their phone records, a White House official said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/us/politics/under-fire-white-house-pushes-to-revive-media-shield-bill.html?hp&_r=1&

You gotta give Eric Holder credit for survival instincts.

He "recuses" himself from the investigation after simply being "interviewed" by the FBI in relation to the leak.

...this means if the investigation is a "success", the DOJ will get credit...and because he's the head of the DOJ - he will get credit, even though he recused himself and simply appointed others to conduct it.

...if the investigation is a failure - or has political fallout like we are seeing with the AP phone records thing - he can simply say what he did this week,

"There's been a lot of criticism. The head of the RNC asked for my resignation. I was not the person involved in that decision. But be that as it may, I was recused in that matter as I described in a press conference held yesterday the decision issued the subpoena was made by the people involved in the case."

--------

maybe it went something like this?

Holder : Hey FBI, send some guys up to my office and interview me about the CIA leak.

FBI Dude : Uh, sir you aren't a person of interest in the investigation.

Holder : Yes - I know that, but I am your boss, now get up here!

(FBI Dude enters the office)

FBI Dude : Uh... Mr. Attorney General Boss Sir, do you know who leaked the CIA operation info?

Holder : Of course not! Now get out of here, I've got more important things to do.

FBI Dude : But sir, you asked me to...

Holder : .. Get out!

(Holder calls Dept. Attorney General)

Holder : Hey, guess what..you're going to take the fall for the CIA leak investigation if it goes south.

Dept. AG : Uh, what?

Holder : The FBI just interviewed me, I'm recusing myself from the investigation.

Dept. AG : Sir, is it too late for them to come interview me? That new guy Jimmy, he could run this investigation...

Holder : No, no. if we all recuse ourselves...they might catch on. You gotta do it.

Dept. AG : Yes sir, I never liked this job anyway. Maybe I could teach law at my old college..

Holder : Ya, ya.. (click)

OK . . . I was joking . . . but apparently around 41% of Republicans do believe that Benghazi is the worst political scandal in American history. Sometimes I am simply stunned by the level of ignorance out there. (And no, I don't mean to imply that ignorance is unique to any single party. 10% of Democrats and 20% of Independents agreed.)

http://www.upi.com/b.../7321368469022/

The fact that 20% of independent and 10% of Democrats agree is pretty interesting too. I mean that is a pretty major label for a democrat to push on their own president. That means they believe the scandal is worse than Iran/Contra and Watergate. Oh wells.

Back to the AP story. As of now this is a total waste of time. I see no reason to be upset with the current information that is out there. As long as the government is only trying to close the leaks, and is following the law, I have no problem with them listening collecting phone records of reporters with just cause.

Holder should resign even if he is completely uninvolved. I just hate him. ;)

Allriiiiiiight! Carl comin round. I'd give ya the big thumbs up if I wasn't posting on my phone.

Yes, I did assume yours was sarcasm.

http://www.upi.com/b.../7321368469022/

The fact that 20% of independent and 10% of Democrats agree is pretty interesting too. I mean that is a pretty major label for a democrat to push on their own president. That means they believe the scandal is worse than Iran/Contra and Watergate. Oh wells.

Back to the AP story. As of now this is a total waste of time. I see no reason to be upset with the current information that is out there. As long as the government is only trying to close the leaks, and is following the law, I have no problem with them listening collecting phone records of reporters with just cause.

I think the UPI story is greatly affected by 2 factors: Recency Bias and the fact that the UPI is owned by you know who (no, not FOX).