Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://espn.go.com/c.../ameer-abdullah

The only verified testing numbers for Ameer Abdullah. These are at a combine he attended in HS for what it's worth. For future reference, unless there is a checkmark indicating verfication on Rivals or combine results in the bottom right portion of a recruit's Scout.com profile, the times are self reported and more often than not inaccurate. The numbers HuskerNationNick pulled from NFLdraftscout are also inaccurate. These are estimated times based on what their scouts see on film. When a prospect goes to the combine or works out at a pro day the numbers on that site are adjusted, often fairly significantly. Hope that ends your argument.

Thanks. I think the argument should have ended a long time ago. Especially since the argument stimulated from a comment that he was only slightly faster than Rex. The 4.6 here lets me know that my small comment wasn't too off base.

Back to the original subject, as I stated early in the thread, I don't see him getting 1500 yards even if he is 100% healthy all season and the guys behind him all turn out to be busts. Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels.

But truthfully I think at least one of the back ups (Taylor) will turn out to be as good as hyped or better, to provide another option from the back field, so there's no way AA gets close to 1500, IMO.

Only 3 RBs in NU's history has ever excited 1500 in a season. I love Ameer but he's no Ahman Green/Mike Rozier/Lawrence Phillips

We will not pass more than we run.

That's not what I stated.

Back to the original subject, as I stated early in the thread, I don't see him getting 1500 yards even if he is 100% healthy all season and the guys behind him all turn out to be busts. Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels.

373 Pass attempts

662 rush attempts

64% rushing

Not to start a 2000 post argument, but the reason for a hurry up offense, is to not allow the defense time to substitute and make it difficult for them to make adjustments. This, as you should know, tires the defense and allows for bigger plays to develop. This also it turn allows more plays to develop offensively in general, whether its passing or rushing. In WVU case, it was more passing plays, but this is Nebraska, we will never pass more than we run.

WVU 2012:

532 Pass Attempts.

469 Rush attempts

The numbers you posted are our total plays we ran of each. We nor any team stays in the hurry up offense the entire time on the field. I agree we will never pass more than we run, but if you look at the teams who utilize the hurry up offense, notice that they are not rushing to the line to hand off the ball, there is a screen, play action, slant more than likely to consistently be seen in the drive. Our rushing attempts occupied a lot of our 4th quarters also which is our offense keeping a "foot on the neck" of the opposing defenses. You know wear them down til the final whistle.

I have no argument to what you are saying, just my comment is specifically about when we run the hurry up offense.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

Then why didnt Heard come in when Rex got hurt?

The doghouse theory has been debunked on numerous occasions.

Injury kept him out. Only injury. We lost a good one there.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

I know he had the hammy issue, but it makes you wonder if it really effected him all season, or there were other reasons. We will never know, but it makes you wonder.

The only verified testing numbers for Ameer Abdullah. These are at a combine he attended in HS for what it's worth. For future reference, unless there is a checkmark indicating verfication on Rivals or combine results in the bottom right portion of a recruit's Scout.com profile, the times are self reported and more often than not inaccurate. The numbers HuskerNationNick pulled from NFLdraftscout are also inaccurate. These are estimated times based on what their scouts see on film. When a prospect goes to the combine or works out at a pro day the numbers on that site are adjusted, often fairly significantly. Hope that ends your argument.

Thanks. I think the argument should have ended a long time ago. Especially since the argument stimulated from a comment that he was only slightly faster than Rex. The 4.6 here lets me know that my small comment wasn't too off base.

But truthfully I think at least one of the back ups (Taylor) will turn out to be as good as hyped or better, to provide another option from the back field, so there's no way AA gets close to 1500, IMO.

Only 3 RBs in NU's history has ever excited 1500 in a season. I love Ameer but he's no Ahman Green/Mike Rozier/Lawrence Phillips

K. But your theory was still proven wrong. You don't see more throwing in the offense we ran last year than you do passing. You are wrong. Deal with it.

I know he had the hammy issue, but it makes you wonder if it really effected him all season, or there were other reasons. We will never know, but it makes you wonder.

Pulled groin. But Heard's main issue that kept him off the field consistently was his ability to pick up the blitz. In 2011 protecting the QB was the highest priority for the backs due to the lack of depth (serious lack of depth) behind Martinez. None of the triplets were able to do this at the level Beck & Brown would like for the backs to do consistently. This is one of the reasons we saw Rex in late in games even after the game was decided. After that season, Braylon was practicing on the other side of the ball, so he wasn't able to utilize the off season to work on what he needed to, in order to be a better and more consistent back for our system.. Aaron Green transferred and then just before the start of fall camp, Heard moves back with the RBs, never having the opportunity to spend any time working with Coach Brown in the spring, thus he came back into his sophomore year with the same issues as the season before. Then add the fact that Ameer was the only back outside of Rex to come into fall camp when game time experience and off season guidance under their position coach. Then he also got the injury mid season, so he had a few things working against him from getting on the field as much as he would have liked.

We shouldn't act like losing Heard was no big deal, He was one top RB prospects of the 2010 class and we had high expectations do to his ability when he finally qualified and joined the team. No we aren't hurting with his departure as we have some great talent coming in, but we did lose a decent athlete.

K. But your theory was still proven wrong. You don't see more throwing in the offense we ran last year than you do passing. You are wrong. Deal with it.

Trying too hard, bro. It's not that big a issue.

You jump in with a retort that had nothing to do with what I stated, and when it's address you come back with "K. But your theory is still proven wrong".......:lol:

Proven wrong how.....did you have the stats from when we are running a hurry up offense? No you didn't you just have the over all plays that we ran for the entire year, so once again, ignoring what I actually stated, and showing me stats to show something else doesn't prove or disprove anything. If you can somehow show those stats that show what I stated is wrong then I'll gladly retract my comment.

" Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels."

Since the stats aren't exactly easy to come across, here you go. We ran the ball in Beck's offense 64% of the time I believe it was stated. As you pointed out, we dont run from the no-huddle all the time. but to claim that it isnt a huge staple of our offense wouldnt be accurate. Based on the stats that we have at hand, I can adequately conclude that we didnt pass more from the no-huddle offense than we ran. Again, your statement, how should I say this, is misguided. I can't say with 100% certainty that you are incorrect, but the odds are in my favor. Again, even when we go no-huddle, we will not pass more than we run.